“Relaxing”

Delphi Resort
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Leenane
“Relaxing”
Reviewed 26 October 2011

Stayed here for a weekend in September. Located in the west of ireland the views were fantastic, when we arrived at our room it was perfect. It was so quite and relaxing.
There was no telephone signal in the area, no shops and no pubs. So we ate / drank and slept in the hotel. The only downside was the wifi not being available the weekend we stayed there, apparantly the satelitte was not working, but apart from that we had a nice weekend there.

1 Thank Aido1982
delphimountainresort, Owner at Delphi Resort, responded to this review, 9 November 2011
Dear Aido 1982,

Thanks a million for your review! I'm absolutely delighted to see you enjoyed it here! We're so lucky with our views, they are indeed amazing! I'm terribley sorry the WiFi was down for a bit during your visit, it was a one off issue and was quickly resolved after! Hopefully it helped you switch off even more though during your stay. I hope to see you again soon here in Delphi Mountain Resort.

Best regards,
Rory Concannon

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
CountyCork
Reviewed 24 October 2011

We stayed in the Delphi Moutain Resort last month and we are still talking about our lovely time there. I cannot say enough good things about the place, but if I was to asked to say what the best aspect is about the hotel, I would have to say its staff. All of the staff seem to genuinely have their customers best interests to the forefront and could not have been more obliging. I travelled to Delphi with my husband and 20 month old son. The hotel is extremely family friendly and the staff seem to understand what it is like to be travelling/dining/ staying with a toddler in tow. Both my husband and myself used the spa facilities. I had a facial, my husband had a seaweed bath. We both found our treatments lovely. The food in the hotel is great. Our deal was all inclusive of meals and what we had during our four night stay was excellent. The breakfasts are also superb and the beds/showers were just heavenly. I would recommend this hotel to anyone (and have been doing so to all my friends since we came back)

Room Tip: If you have small children, I would recommend booking a suite. That way you would be able to avail o...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
Dear CountyCorkNMurphy,

I'm so delighted to read your review and see that you and your family enjoyed yourselves so much, thank you for taking the time to write it! I have passed your comments onto the Staff here in Delphi Mountain Resort who will be thrilled with the great feedback! I'm really glad that we were able to make you all feel welcome and at home here. I look forward to welcoming you back to us sometime in the future.

Best regards,
Reviewed 18 October 2011

We were celebrating our 10 year anniversary and wanted a break away from all the madness - 3 kids...... It was the perfect place to switch off and unwind no TVs.
Its very casual so there is no pressure to dress up we relaxed and ate in the bar on Friday night and made a bit more of an effort on Sat when we ate in the restaurant. The food in the restaurant was to a very high standard. The spa was super relaxing and I had the most amazing hot stone massage - highly recommend it. The scenery and the walks are amazing it literally takes your breath away. All in all it was the perfect weekend to get away from the hussle and bussle. Would highly recommend it.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
delphimountainresort, Owner at Delphi Resort, responded to this review, 20 October 2011
Dear Ailish,

Thanks a million for your review! And Happy 10 Year Anniversary!! I'm delighted to read that we helped you to switch off and unwind. Thrilled to read you enjoyed our fabulous Food and you got to experience the magic of our Spa.
Thanks so much for recommending us and I hope you get to visit us again soon (maybe for your 11th Anniversary!)

Cavan, Ireland
Reviewed 16 October 2011

Stayed in this resort last weekend. Great location to literally get away from it all. Staff were friendly and helpful. Tried out the surfing on the Saturday afternoon, and this was excellent, and the guide was brilliant (Russel).

We stayed in a Loft suite and it was clean and tidy. Basic enough, a good three stars, not four star expectations. The only complaint I have about this resort is the price. Everything is drastically over priced. We would have loved to have tried out the thermal suite along with the surfing but we simply couldn't afford it.
We had a "special offer" €398 for 2 nights B&B with one dinner, and by the time we had lunch in the bar ( wasn't great), a few drinks, and the 2-5pm surfing activity we had a bill of €600, which is a tall order in the current climate for such a short stay. The dinner included in the package is only a 2 course meal ( A bit of a cheap shot I think in this day and age). I have to say the food in the restaurant was very good. It is just a real pity that they overvalue their accommodation and spa activity charges. If these were more reasonable I would go back. Unfortunately I cant see myself returning as their special offers aren't so special.
Again staff are very good.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Loft suite which was nice
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Dear Roadtripp11,

Thanks so much for taking the time to write your feedback! Really delighted to read that you loved our location and that our staff were friendly and helpful! Russel, our Surf Instructor, is delighted with the mention so thanks a million for that!
We offer a different range of room types to try and satisfy each Guests individual preferences, whether it's a cosy double, a loft room, a luxury suite or a family we try to provide something for everyone. There are also many ways in which we try to offer value to our loyal customers, whether it's through our facebook and twitter accounts or through direct emails to our newsletter subscribers.
In addition, to add further value we offer a range of complementary services to our Guests throughout their stay. Currently the fabulous Thermal Suite in our Spa is free to guests (to avoid dissapointment we ask Guests to book a slot in advance as it's just so popular!), we have a range of bicycles and safety helmets which all Guests are encouraged to use to tour the local area and enjoy the breathtaking views of Killary Fjord and the local mountain range. There is a large library of books that hopefully satisfy all ages and interests which our Guests can borrow at their own leisure. Also our WiFi is completely free of charge. There is also a selection of board games behind Reception which is complementary, whether it's for the little ones to play a games of Guess Who or to enjoy a challenging game of scrabble over a glass of one of our many wines of the world.
I'm so glad to read that you enjoyed our Food. We recently changed our entire food offering in the Restaurant and the Bar with the help of Industry experts and we're delighted with the results and the customer feedback.
I really hope to see you again and I'd definitely suggest keeping an eye out for one of our exclusive offers that might tempt you into coming back to us! Take care.

Reviewed 12 October 2011

stayed here for two nights, beautiful place room was fab and staff very friendly. Bar food was ok but restaurant food was fab. Spa was amazing with gorgeous views of the mountains outside while sitting in the jacuzzi!! Scenery is spectacular around that area too. No phone reception or tellies so if you want to be cut off from the ratrace for a few days this place is a real treat :-))

Room Tip: get a room with balcony if you can
Dear Smurf979,

Wow! Thanks for your amazing review! I'm absolutely delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us! I've passed on your compliments to our Staff who are always grateful for recognition of their excellent service so thank you! I agree, our Spa and surrounding views are amazing and definitely help in the whole relaxtion theme of Delphi!
Really hope to see you again soon.

Rory Concannon
Also consider these accommodations in or near Leenane
4.4 km away
23.3 km away
Peacockes Hotel
Peacockes Hotel
#1 of 3 in Maam Cross

Been to Delphi Resort? Share your experiences!