Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Minnithepooh
Bangkok, Krung Thep, Thailand

Nice budget hotel

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 10 Jul 2012
I didnt expect much when i booked this hotel when they got promotion via accor website and i pay only 853 baht for one night , when we arrived the front desk r very helpful cos i came earlier at noon , first they said i had to wait til 2 pm cos the room still not ready i understand and going to come back later but the manager checked the room for me again so i can ealier check in , the room is tidy , well decorated small but i dont feel uncomfortable at all . Warm n fuzzy bed , i had a good dreams there , very clean room n bathroom

From hotel u can walk to cicada market very easily
Date of stay: July 2012
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
5.0 of 5 bubblesValue
5.0 of 5 bubblesRooms
5.0 of 5 bubblesLocation
5.0 of 5 bubblesCleanliness
4.0 of 5 bubblesService
4.0 of 5 bubblesSleep Quality
TJaroonteeravanitch, Manager at Ibis Hua Hin Hotel, responded to this review
Responded 31 Jul 2012
Thank you for your wonderful comments on our TripAdvisor profile!
We are happy that you liked our hotel, services, room, cleanliness and location :) We will share your comments with our team for encouragement!
All ibis hotels aim at providing great services, great location at best value and we hope you would enjoy your trip in Hua Hin, and will come back to visit us again soon!
RM 546
  • HolidayInn.com
    RM 392
0.8 km from Ibis Hua Hin Hotel
Free parking
Drone shot of the exterior
    RM 183
2.9 km from Ibis Hua Hin Hotel
View more hotels in Nong Kae
All reviews budget hotel family room hua hin nice hotel cicada night market rooms are clean buffet breakfast market village balcony baht shuttle tamarind convenience thai
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 May 2012

If I visit Hua Hin again I will not choose this hotel. I worsted to pay.
1.Staffs are not professional from gate till check in
2.Parking Lot too small even there is otherside from hotel it's around 500 m. hotel not provided shuttle bus and you have to bolonging your laggages by yourself under the sun
3.No Bell boy
4.Room too small
5.Small swimming pool and not privatecy
5.Shuttle bus services to night market limit access you need to booked in advace best way you can do is walk to Cicada market or visit 7-11

I don't understand why front reception help me checked in she found my booking with my accor card but she ask me for confirmation print out OMG! again when I checked out the guy not prepair reciept for me do I have to ask for it he should compleated when I asked he said " Did I requested when I book the room " I booked through Accor web I never seen where?

If possible compair local brand hotel before choossing Ibis Hua Hin

Date of stay: April 2012
6  Thank Jetsada_B
TJaroonteeravanitch, Manager at Ibis Hua Hin Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2012

Thank you for your feedback!

We apologise for any inconvenience that might cause during your stay. We have already conveyed your comments to the hotel management to improve and provide a better quality of service to our guest. At ibis, we aim at providing the best service to our guest that's why your comment is very important to us!

We hope to welcome you again at any ibis hotels in Thailand!

Reviewed 18 April 2012

We stayed here for a couple of nights towards the end of February. The good points were - very friendly reception staff, bar staff (it's just a small counter to the right of reception) and cleaners. The rooms where spotless. It's definitely a safe bet for a short stay and as long as you know what to expect from an Ibis, it's fine. Bad points - breakfast was pretty bad - selection and quality, and I have to say I thought the blokes in the restaurant were particularly grumpy - but I may have been too If I'd had to work the breakfast shift - it was a bit grim.
There is a cafe a few minutes walk away (turn left and go straight along the main road, and you will find it in the block just after the Cicada Market) called Best Beans Coffee - it's really good for Western style stuff - good coffee, pastries, and very good sandwiches - a much better option (I think it may be closed on Monday's).
The Cicada Market is definitely worth a visit. It's open Friday, Saturday and Sunday, from 5pm - a quite 'arty' market, good for a potter, and great to eat. There's a large selection of pretty good Thai food, in a 'food court' style (buy vouchers at the entrance, get reimbursed later for any unused). It's all open air, lots of tables, and also, very importantly, a couple of stalls selling cold beer.
There are also a couple of good bars close by, Lost Cafe which is on the same side, and the recently opened Birra on the opposite side of the main road, both are good and also serve food.
So, location wise this hotel has some good local options, and the beach at Takiab is indeed nicer than further along at Hua Hin. If you want Hua Hin (which I would - but that's purely personal), it's only a few baht in a green bus, 100 baht in a TukTuk, or a good 40 minute walk away (just watch those paving stones - or lack off), as I said, all in all - it's fine.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
TJaroonteeravanitch, Manager at Ibis Hua Hin Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2012

Thank you for your feedback on our TripAdvisor!

We thank you for your compliments on our staff and room as well as attractions recommendation. We will surely pass them to our team for encouragement :)

We apologise for any inconvenience you experienced during staying with us and we take it for discussion with the hotel management team for improvement.

We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 12 March 2012

Booked the hotel for the first night with agoda but also found the same price could be had on the ibis website,the hotel it self is only about 50 meters from the beach but the real bonus is it has its own pool onsite.Ok its only a small pool but ideal to dip or relax by,but a lot of smaller hotels at the same price don't have this perk.The hotel itself is new having only opened in jan 2012 so our room was more like a show room and was so clean and tidy i felt rude making a mess.The hotel is 5km from the centre of town but they do offer a free shuttle bus at various times during the day at set drop off/pick up points but if walk out of the hotel and turn left you will find a mini tesco lotus & 7-11 just 30meters up the road and if you carry on walking another 20meters you will come to the CICADA MARKET. Where you can find entertainment and a vast selection of food.If you did want to book trips these can be done at the hotel as they had their own travel desk for tours and transport.(pushbikes bikes could also be hired from the hotel).
The breakfast was 250THB per person and was buffet style,a selection of food to suit all taste however 200THB more sensible figure to charge for breakfast. The staff were always friendly and helpful and as the staff are new they still need a little time to find their roles(we had a slight issue when we came to check out but apart from that they are all great).Overall we really enjoyed our stay at the hotel and would love to go back

Date of stay: March 2012
2  Thank thebeingevil
TJaroonteeravanitch, Manager at Ibis Hua Hin Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2012

We are thanksful for your review and we are very happy that you spent a great stay with us.
We are glad that you enjoyed our hotel in overall.

Again we thank you for your positive comments and we look forward to having you again soon for another ibis experience!

Reviewed 12 March 2012

The IBIS Hua Hin opened last January 2012....its a few minutes walk from the beach and a few minutes ride into town on the hotel own shuttle mini bus or took took /taxi. As you would expect from a brand new hotel the room was bright an fresh and my room on the 6 floor had a nice sea view. Breakfast was good and the hotel young staff were freindly and made you welcome. I booked online and stayed for four nights. Two very nice golf courses are within 10 minutes drive. All in all a pleasent and relaxed stay

Room tip: High floor facing north (hua hin) have a nice sea view and do not get the hot sun
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank snkay

Thank you for your positive comments and sharing your experience on our TripAdvisor profile!

We are glad to know that you were happy with our hotel and services in overall. We will surely pass your comment to our team for encouragement :)

We look forward to welcoming you again in the near future at ibis Hua Hin! :)

Reviewed 25 February 2012

Brand new, clean with a well meaning staff, but all the best intentions and good excuses don't really translate to a great stay.

Not yet trained to a level where everyone knew what they were doing or supposed to do, the staff struggled to make things work. The security guards in the parking lot were friendly, but useless in finding ways and means to accommodate vehicles into a tiny parking lot. There will be an expansion parking lot ready by the end of March 2012, but that did nothing to help me.

The two slow lifts of the 200-key hotel were inadequate for the volume of guests, which became even more of an upset when one of the lifts was closed for unscheduled maintenance. The rooms are clean and comfortable, but as with all other Ibis hotels, their toilets are incredibly tiny. Not much room to slip inside the cramped shower stalls, so that's a plus in terms of safety.

The breakfast buffet barely makes it into the category of a buffet to take seriously. A very scant selection of all kinds of foods. The idea to have an international buffet by offering one or two token dishes from each type of cuisine makes the term seem a bit of a stretch. Decent food, but not much of a selection. Their dinner portions are a bit more generous, but the Thai food selection is also limited.

The most upsetting thing about our stay was that the air conditioning unit in our room was droning intermittently the entire night. We aren't talking about a hum, but a real upsetting groaning noise that would go off for a while and then on again for no apparent reason. This did not give us a good sleep and kept waking me up during the night. The only thing I could figure was that we drew the short straw when they were giving out decent AC units.

Our stay was not entirely unpleasant and I would give this hotel another chance, but I'd make sure that they ironed out all the kinks in the system and made sure all the staff was ready for prime time.

2  Thank FrancescoNavarro

We apologise for the inconvenience of your stay and we thank you for your feedback.
We have noted all your comments and will take them into consideration for improvement.
At ibis, we always provide a great service to all our guests, therefore your feedback is very important to us.
We hope to welcome you again in the near future!