All reviews outdoor pool junior suite garden suite afternoon tea sauna and steam room on arrival elemis toiletries treatment rooms free standing bath huge bed roll top bath lovely hotel cream tea birthday treat black pudding my mum relaxing break
Reviewed 14 July 2018

I have visited this hotel numerous times but mailny to use the fantastic spa facilities when I'm staying with family in the area. The outdoor pool is magnificent whether its summer or winter, the indoor jacuzzi, steam and sauna the perfect antidote to a stiff body from planes, trains and automobiles. The grounds are divine and you'd be mistaken for believing you were in Provence in the South of France when the sun is out in the summer. On the last visit, I decided to take my sister in law along and host her for a lunch. It was comical. The food drab. Service bumbling. My ceasar salad had grit in it, apparantly washing the lettuce was just too much effort for the chef. My review is mixed therefore, the spa gets 10/10 the other facilities - particularly the restaurant only a 2/10. Go. have a drink on the lawn, enjoy the spa and head to the local pub where you'll get a considerably better meal at the Freshford Inn.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 13 July 2018

Booked this hotel for my wife's birthday & anniversary. After checking in we went for a swim, came back, shower took a while to work. Shower stopped working, Called maintenance who couldn't get it going so a room change was suggested by myself...big mistake!! Free upgrade to a cottage style room by the pool, brilliant we thought........ went in, the place was filthy, infested with flying ants, food on the floor. Dust and hair all over the sideboards, curtains ripped and hanging off. Floor filthy. Duty manager called as I was fuming, promised 50% off the room and a deep clean. On checkout this 50% was reduced to 30%, maybe as they gave us a bottle of bubbly? A real shame as a beautiful property and grounds. Staff were great but maybe a bit unsettled as the hotel is in the process of being sold.............I had every intention of speaking to the general manager but I am still gutted to have had my wife's special day ruined, they did there best to put things right but that moment had gone !!! A very expensive hotel which doesn't live up to its name!! Far better places to stay I'm afraid...

Room tip: one where the shower works !!
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank justin a a
Reviewed 7 July 2018

My daughter and I were booked into a deluxe room at this hotel and what can I say? a beautiful big bed, spotless bathroom and the scenery from the windows was absolutely stunning, the food for reception was just the best, every member of staff were so attentive and helpful nothing was any trouble, I can highly recommend this Beautiful Hotel to anyone who wants to get away from the hustle & bustle of life....

Room tip: Great Veiws.
Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Patricia C
Reviewed 3 July 2018 via mobile

Had a lovely afternoon here at a friend's Baby Shower at the weekend.
The room was all set up for us and we were allowed to add our own decorations! Tables were fetched and moved, additional food was provided and it was all scrummy!
Staff were very helpful and even took photos of us outside in the gardens!
Thank you!

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Sarah B
Reviewed 3 July 2018 via mobile

We had 2 nights here in a deluxe room. Lovely room large beautiful views of the garden and a huge bed with plenty of pillows and so comfortable, bathroom was nice and everything was very clean.15 minute drive into Bath sitting in beautiful relaxing grounds. We had breakfast on the terrace overlooking the gardens sitting in the sun the pancakes were divine light and fluffy and made to order great start to the day, we swam in the early evening sun in the outdoor pool to cool down after hot days sightseeing bliss. All the staff are helpful and friendly really nice place that we would like to return to.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Citygirl023