All reviewsfood courtseaside hotelconstruction siteswimming poolnice sea viewstraits quayeasy access to the beachwelcome drinkbatu ferringgibuffet breakfastfamily suitegurney drivegeorge townlocal foodbus stopsmall hotelthe air conditioning
Reviewed 31 July 2018

Stayed 3D2N during the Raya period. I got a partial seaview room on the 9th floor which allowed the sound of beautiful crashing waves every morning. hotel is also conveniently located on the beach in between the town and Batu Ferringgi. This made the commute less of a hassle. The hotel also has ample free parking. i booked a standard double room and it was not very clean, you get what you pay for i guess. The bathroom doors are rotting and the water boiler and cups had little ants crawling around. Overall, was value for money but there is much room for improvement. Would return for the price. Breakfast was good too.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SpikyBunny
Reviewed 11 July 2018 via mobile

I was checked in by a smiling female and was happily upgraded to a suite on level 6, which was much appreciated by me. Unfortunately, the six boys in the adjacent rooms to me, ran riot most of my first 24 hours in the hotel then the people up above me stomped around all the next night. Why not have big floor mats which would mute the awful racket from the hotel's timber flooring?
Next day, my room was supposedly "cleaned" however I was not supplied with toilet paper, tissues or coffee. What's the point of not replenishing the room? This was remedied after my contact with the front desk.
The white shower curtain was quite mouldy which diminished the quality of the bathroom. Overall the staff are quite helpful and efficient, especially the Concierge, Anwar who is always so kind and hospitable. The front desk staff are very good too.
Wifi quality was poor. Luckily I'd purchased Digi data so could file my urgent info without relying on the very poor Wifi connection. The hotel's wifi issues needs attention. No excuse for poor Wifi in a tech savvy country like Malaysia.
I will return in two weeks and hope the above issues have been addressed and improved!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo
2  Thank lyndy23
Reviewed 27 June 2018

Stayed for a night for one day visit, room price was reasonable..room was average but comfortable for one night. Unfortunately, it was hot at night as the aircond was not functioning well even though i set it to lowest temperature. My friend in the next room also complained the same issue-this needs to be improved.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 June 2018 via mobile

Stayed for two nights. Booked triple sharing.Indeed room was spacious, came with balcony overlooking sea, can hear sea breeze non. stop, bathub, wooden floor and amenities was perfect. Got very good pricing via booking.com. Having breakfast overlooking the pool and beach same time, feel like im on the cruise. There is bar, you can have cocktail at this perfect spot. Only biggest dispointment was the breakfast on 9 and 10 June 2018. The food was poorly cooked and tastless. I have stayed other Hotel Sentral branch, I never had issue with breakfast but this was the worst till my family member did not want have it. Not sure is this because of the fasting month.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 April 2018 via mobile

I visit Penang regularly. I love the food and the ambience. It's fast becoming an expensive destination, however, this hotel provides a quality experience for travellers who don't want to pay exorbitant prices at the four and five star hotels in Penang. The beach is 2 mins walk from the hotel, the pool and surrounds are clean, breakfast is varied and plentiful, rooms are large, very well appointed, clean and functional. I want peace and quiet and I receive both at this hotel. I limit stays to outside school holidays!
The staff here know how to welcome and care for their guests. Nothing is a trouble to the staff, from the cleaners to the front desk to the great wait staff. Management have trained the staff very well.

I try to visit Hotel Sentral Seaview 3-4 times a year because the hotel quality for the price, is frankly, exceptional value. This stay is a four day stay. I recommend minimum of 4-5 days, just to get into holiday mode.

The additional Malaysian 12 ringit bed tax, 10 ringit of which is applicable only to foreigners is quite annoying however this hotel remains a great option for savvy travellers. I booked via Agoda and paid around 150 MYR per night plus 12 ringit bed tax which foreigners must pay in cash at reception.

Many thanks to Anna and Anwar for your exceptional hospitality. You always exceed my expectations! See you again soon!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo