US$38
US$29
US$23
Priceline
Savings alert! 32% below average rates

The price you found is 32% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$34/night.

US$40
US$37
Priceline
  • Pool
Baansuwanburi(San Sai)
Banyen Villa(San Sai)
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 1 January 2014

Had trouble finding the place as it had changed name in the last month from 'Nara Boutique and Resort' to 'the Perfect Resort and Spa'.
We booked 2 rooms for 3 nights through booking.com and arrived round 11.30pm.
On arrival we found out that our rooms were not available. We were downgraded and were supposed to move the next day. I declined and after about 1 hour they managed to get us 2 rooms.
Got to the room and here is what we found:
- old bathroom (the hot water is a different story)
- wifi totally unreliable
- no tv
- no refrigerator
- most of the lights in one room not working
- the other room had all sockets not next to the bed but in the middle of the head rest (and they were giving off sparks)
- hard bed and king size meant 2 beds put side by side
- one room had a nice sofa but no water cooker and opposite for the other room.
- very noisy rooms
- very little toilet paper
Hot water: please put on the hot water in the sink, and only then you get (some) hot water in the shower. Please take the shower in the bath; if you use the one next to the bath, the water runs everywhere in your bathroom but not into the drain...
Breakfast: open until 10am. Got there 9.30 and found almost zero food. The 'waitress' had some eggs made, but that was the only positive really. No real juice and the coffee was the same powder and water type.
Ate in the restaurant one evening. Not too bad and thankfully the prices, being low, reflected the lack of quality.
Glass noodle soup without noodles as they ran out...
Another dish far too much fish sauce.
Another noodle soup dish was served in a plate, not a bowl. When we complained, we were given an empty bowl and were left to our own.
We did not use any of the other facilities.

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed 3 February 2013

同意之前其他評論者所說:絕對不要考慮住這個旅館. 這個旅館離清邁將近一小時車程, 房內連吹風機都沒有, 而且向櫃台還借不到, 好像不提供吹風機是理所當然的. 服務人員習慣說謊, 假裝聽不懂, 說稍後會給, 過幾天要的東西還是都沒有. 這個旅館是泰國人服務的恥辱, 我住泰國旅館那麼多次, 從未遇上品質如此差的旅館. 更糟的是價格還可以改來改去, 根本沒有信用可言. 泰國好的旅館其實很多, 千萬不要來這裡受氣, 毀了愉快的假期. Never try to come to this place, as other reviewers have sugguested. This resort does not has a spa while calling itself spa resort. It does not provide even hair dryer to the customers, and the hotel service people lies all the time. The food is also terrible, compared to other Thailand hotels for the same price. The location is terrible, it takes alomost an hour to go to Chiang Mai city center, which cost about 450B each way. The room has insectcide smell when you get in. You better open the window for at least 4 hours before you sleep. It is total waste of time and money to consider staying here if your plan is to tour Chiang Mai. For such inconvenience and horrible services, you should not consider staying here even if they offer the room for free.

Room Tip: Unlike what people usually think, Chaing Mai's air is very polluted. You should consider hotels outside Chiang Mai downtown, such as the Empress Hotel which needs just 10-minute walk from the Night Bazaar and the air is much better than the Chiang Mai downtown.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 February 2012

Stayed here during the Yee Ping Festival 2011, We got to the hotel only to find absolutly no one there - not a soul in sight! We waited around reception for over 30 minutes and then finally a young man appeared from down the corridor. We got checked in and our room was ok - however the toilet did not flush! One call to reception and we had a new room (they had plently free!) within minutes. During our stay we only saw two other couple's at the hotel. Don't be fooled by the website - the pool is more like a pond, there is no restaurant and there is defanatly no spa!

We only booked this hotel because it was close to were the festival was taking place.

Avoid this place at all costs

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 February 2011

I wish I'd seen the previous reviews of this place - however, it's also known as the Lanna Wellness Resort and Spa which is what I booked it under. I arrived at the hotel after being ripped off by the taxi driver - the taxi co. at the airport told me it would take about an hour to get there and charged 460Bhat. To give you an idea, it costs 150Bhat to get into central Chiang Mai...this place was about about 10kms away so the 460Bhat was a rip off. Already being in a bad mood from that, we get the hotel and show them my booking form (I booked through Hostel World) after a confusion and the reception staff calling the owner back and forth for almost an hour. We're finally told that the owner "didn't authorise Hostel World to make bookings on her behalf". So we've paid a deposit for nothing. The rates online were 1800Bhat per night for my family...however we ended up being charged 2200Bhat and being told that was with a discount. We were tired and hungry and I was trying to keep an eye on two restless boys.

The receptionist offered to take us to get something to eat and after some discussion decided that they wouldn't charge for this but then later decided they would. We were meant to stay for four nights but left after one. They added on a number of extras and no one could tell us what they were for. We refused to pay until we were told. They were trying to charge us 500Bhat for a ride into the city and back which had never happened.

There was no restaurant and we're vegetarian. We were offered salad in the morning and some papaya - which I'm allergic to anyway.

The place could have been wonderful but it looks run down and like an old hospital of some sort. It was eerie considering that we saw no other guests. I run my own business and I would never dream of treating people like the owner of this place.

The Natuaral Wellness Resort makes what could have been a pleasant holiday into an annoying and unhappy experience. There's no 'wellness' in that.

Absolutely pathetic.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 January 2011

Presently I am at the Chiang Mai Tourist Police office after spending the night sleeping on the floor here.
I am a 49 year old vegetarian practising yoga, had a wellness company and director of a company in Australia.
This property is nowhere near the city and I could not get a taxi to drop me of.

It has NO spa
No massage facility
No jacuzzi
No Sauna
NO restaurant
No business facility
No mini bar
it is in total disrepair and even using the lift is hazardous.
Also I was advised the swimming pool was OK to swim in as it was cleaned 3 days ago but on close inspection it had black patches everywhere and had debris floating in it so I declined.

Fortunately I was the only western guest with a handful of Thais I saw at breakfast.
I arrived at 11.00 pm after calling and waiting well over 1 hour to be picked up.
No hot water for a shower on arrival and was told this was a problem.
So I thought I would watch TV but no English movie channel as that was cancelled.

In the morning, it was time for buffet breakfast.
2 fruits (luckily 1 was papaya)
3 assorted meats (I'm 30 years vegetarian).
A mixture of salad but it was covered in fruit flies.
So I went to the toaster
Put in two slices of white bread (the only type on offer PLUS it looked stale), spread some butter (luckily it was in sachets) and spread the only jam (marmalade) on top.

I went back to my room, thinking that would be the food for the day and resigned myself to that.
Fortunately I had a great book and only one night to go.
The receptionist called me late afternoon and said she was going to Tesco (supermarket) at 5.00pm and did I want to go and buy something.
I accepted and brought her dinner and thanked her many times for looking after me, we devised a plan that she would take me to the airport at 11.00 am so I could make my escape from hell even though I was going to book into another hotel.

Approximately 9.30pm I went to the lobby to use the wi fi to book a hotel using the internet as per norm. I live in hotels (literally)
All hell broke loose the owner was there and said she had not received the money, knew nothing of wotif.com (sorry trip advisor on this one) and wanted more money.
I refused and said I was going to write to you, Agoda and Wotif and tell them how miserable her hotel is and hopefully letting others know and to avoid staying there and ruining their holiday.
She ranted saying that it was illegal in Thailand to make a complaint on the internet (which ended up the bigger issue) and demanded more money.
The staff was visably upset but had to bow to this woman's desires.
She called the Police.
Over the course of the next 3 hours 3 types of Police in various uniforms came.
Her receptionist passed out at the events and how I was being treated (she was the interpreter) and luckily I caught her before her head the floor, I nursed her back to consciousness as the woman owner sat and did nothing.
Let me repeat that. SHE did nothing as her staff member was passed out on the lobby floor and was dry vomiting.
I offered to leave many times and wanted a refund for the last night.
The police could not understand the problem and as I found out later that her husband (now retired) was a big man in the police force and she was pulling rank to get me to pay more and/or stop bad press.
I tried to explain that getting payment via Visa make take 1 or 2 days PLUS in Thailand it has a 4 day holiday (New Years) and with banks closed so it may take longer.

She demanded I leave ( I offered hours ago) and was escorted to my room to pack my bags by 2 types of Police toting pistols and 1 staff member, then led off the premises.
I slept on the floor of the tourist police station in Chiang Mai and I am still here writing this in total disbelief.

NO ONE should ever be treated or have the experience of going to that (ahem) so called hotel ever again!!!

Not once did the owner apologise to me and refused to believe she woud receive payment even though she had an email confirming my booking and payment.

I should be compensated in the real world..but I firmly believe in karma and accept mine.

The good thing (there is always a silver lining) I have made great friends with 3 of the Tourist Police and the new shift that has just walked in the door advised me to post it on youtube to warn tourists.
I think best that this property is not advertised on your website but I am not the CEO just a recipient of looking at the pictures, the map and services provided and been totally cheated by them.

As I live in hotels and travel constantly I find reviews critical for a successful holiday or business trip, so please take this SERIOUSLY as I repeat no one should have to endure what I have experienced.
Roads are made for Travelling.
Regards,