Stayed here for 2 nights because we wanted a nearby place to see the Yeepeng lantern release. Most other guest were from China and part of packaged tours.
At times, some of the issues we faced were really quite comical and entertaining.
- the staff tried their best. In-house restaurant staff were very polite. Concierge staff tried their very best with our requests
- they let us store my wife's expressed milk in their convenience store Walls ice-cream freezer. LOL.
- really really affordable
-decent but dated rooms
- 'spa' is closed
- its location is actually a little far in from the main road, and it is about 5km from the Meditation centre where the lanterns are released
- swimming pool was teeming with pond-skaters
- in-house transport was the biggest problem, they kept us waiting more than 1 hour twice!! And getting cabs from the place didn't seem easy as well. Be prepared for delays even with cabs.
- doors were really creaky, and they helped us oil the hinges with ?cooking oil and cotton wool (more comical than bad)
- though the restaurant staff were pleasant, breakfast was mostly cold @9am
- their staff though willing, gave me the impression that they were students.
- gave me an impression that the place was on its last legs.
- Free Wifi
- Free Parking