Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Nancy F
Oshawa, Canada

One night too many.

1.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 18 Aug 2022
Initial meeting with owner was pleasant.
Room outdated but that I was aware of based on the pictures.
Room was not what i would call clean, hair on bathroom floor from guest prior.
My issue with room were the beds, we noted when we layed on the mattress our heads sunk lower that feet. As a make do - we rotated the mattress and folded a bedspread to place between mattress and box spring to add height.
We made do as was only for one night.
Next morning owner asked how everything was? I said, to be honest with you the sleep was not comfortable due to condition of mattresses. I explained the issue. He was surprised and said it cannot be the mattresses as he just spent $8,800 on all new mattresses 3 weeks ago. I said all i can say these mattresses did not feel new. At this time he became aggravated by my offering constructive criticism, brushed his hand in the air towards me and dismissed me by turning away stating it is not his fault we did not have a good sleep.
I did take some time, reflected on the issue and what he said about replacing all the mattresses for $8,800. If there a 10 rooms and 2 mattresses in each - we i guess it make sense that even new mattresses would be less than comfortable as they are cheap quality. The sheets did not even cover the mattresses.
Over all - sleep I can catch up on and move on. But his dismissive behaviour towards me was disturbing.
I am not one to complain, likely would have left and not bother to take the time to rate the experience. But I decided to only because of his behaviour.
2.0 of 5 bubblesRooms
6.0 km from The Breeze Motel
    RM 669
8.7 km from The Breeze Motel
Free parking
Valley View of Minas Basin and new solar panel roofing system.
    RM 653
  • Priceline
6.9 km from The Breeze Motel
71.6 km from The Breeze Motel
View more hotels in North Grand Pre
All reviews evangeline beach low tide wolfville area fundy bay shore
Selected filters
Reviewed 17 August 2022

There is nothing wrong with the room or room amenities, all basic necessities provided and the room was clean. What is lacking is customer service. The owner is abrupt, bordering on rude, and while he did apologize to me once for the way he spoke to me, I found his attitude and approach very off-putting. I would not be keen to stay here again.

Date of stay: July 2022
1  Thank SummerTraveller12121
Reviewed 14 August 2022

DO NOT BOOK HERE!
I booked on line a month before arrival. When I called the day I was to arrive I was told that he had no booking. He asked me repeatedly when I booked, and I kept saying that I had done so a month prior. His reply...” let me go out in the car and check my book”.

I was put on hold and when he came back with “ his book” I was told several times I was NOT in his system. I kept telling him i had done this but he kept repeating he did not have me. At this point I did not get angry, I simply accepted what he said...I had no choice...he would not listen.

So this morning I get a voice message from Don, the same man I spoke with on Friday. He was asking why I did not show up and I had been charged $148.35 to my visa for not arriving.

I called him promptly to ask kindly for a refund and to refresh his memory that we had spoken. He had no recollection. I firmly asked for a refund...he kept denying that we had spoken and would not take any responsibility. When I firmly instructed him to refund my money his reply...” I cannot do that, you’ll have to contact Booking.com and get your refund”. And hung up!

So I’m out a weekend away, AND charged $148.35 for something that he took no responsibility for. Wow! Atrocious.

I am still shaking my head.

1  Thank X4735XZterryw
Reviewed 9 August 2022

Very comfortable stay. Rooms are dated but very clean. Pool was awesome as it was a very hot day and it made all the difference. Staff very friendly and helpful.
Vacationing with my 3 sisters who were visiting from away. Had so much fun together. Would definitely stay here again.

Reviewed 27 August 2021

Great rates
Great room
Super friendly owners
I went with my daughter and had the best two night stay ever
They were super quick to answer my questions
The room was soooo clean
It is everything they say and more
I will definitely go back
Thanks to the owners for everything

Date of stay: August 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 25 July 2021

This was my second stay here and I absolutely love it here. It is peaceful and very comfortable. The owners make you feel welcome and make sure you have what you need. The sunsets are beautiful. The rooms are comfortable and clean. I look forward to a return trip next summer!

Date of stay: July 2021