Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
RM 607
Fully refundable before Sun, 26 May
Courtney J

Staying at The Breeze is a breeze!

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 30 Jun 2023
The Breeze is such a fantastic hidden gem in the Wolfville area. It is so close to vineyards, the town, the market, great restaurants, and fantastic shopping.

The motel itself is gorgeous. Completely refinished. It’s obvious how much care and attention went into this renovation. Not only is it beautiful, but so comfortable.

Also, the VIEWS. Absolutely cannot be beat. It’s amazing to wake up in the morning and walk forever during low tide.

I cannot wait to return again and again.
Date of stay: June 2023
6.9 km from The Breeze Motel
    RM 745
8.7 km from The Breeze Motel
Free parking
Valley View of Minas Basin and new solar panel roofing system.
    RM 702
  • Official Hotel Site
    RM 704
21.9 km from The Breeze Motel
View more hotels in North Grand Pre
All reviews evangeline beach low tide wolfville area fundy bay shore
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 September 2022

We stayed at the Beach Breeze Motel August 29-31/22. After reading some of the reviews we were no sure what to expect.
Check in was fine and we had a nice conversation with Don the owner. It’s. Right next door to Evangeline Beach so getting to the shore is not a problem. Take the stairs to the beach.
The rooms are rustic and could use some updating but for the price it was quite comfortable The over all stay was fine.
We had wonderful weather and enjoyed walking on the floor of the Bay of Fundy at low tide and swimming in it at high tide.
You are only 10 minutes away from Wolfville and New Minus so if you haven’t prepared for meals it’s only a short trip to restaurants and your Timmies.. 😊
The property is up for sale and will close Mid October.

Room tip: Basic but clean and comfortable.
Reviewed 25 August 2022

I wish I could give a review of the property but unfortunately, our reservation was cancelled by the booking company. I booked this place in June, 2 months before our vacation. I received an email from the booking company the morning before our vacation informing me that our reservation was cancelled. I immediately contacted the property owner to inquire and he assured me that I had a reservation. He said that the booking company has "messed with the reservations" many times and to "put the email in your trash". He assured me that our reservation was confirmed. When we arrived at the motel on Aug 24, we had NO reservation. The owner was not there so I called him. He said my reservation was cancelled and he had no rooms. I reminded him of the conversation I had on the phone with him 10 days prior. He remembered the conversation but said that there was nothing he could do. Oh well! too bad. He took no responsibility for the screw up even though he assured me verbally that we had a room there. He sounded like he couldn't care less.

Room tip: My tip is to stay somewhere else.
Reviewed 19 August 2022

Initial meeting with owner was pleasant.
Room outdated but that I was aware of based on the pictures.
Room was not what i would call clean, hair on bathroom floor from guest prior.
My issue with room were the beds, we noted when we layed on the mattress our heads sunk lower that feet. As a make do - we rotated the mattress and folded a bedspread to place between mattress and box spring to add height.
We made do as was only for one night.
Next morning owner asked how everything was? I said, to be honest with you the sleep was not comfortable due to condition of mattresses. I explained the issue. He was surprised and said it cannot be the mattresses as he just spent $8,800 on all new mattresses 3 weeks ago. I said all i can say these mattresses did not feel new. At this time he became aggravated by my offering constructive criticism, brushed his hand in the air towards me and dismissed me by turning away stating it is not his fault we did not have a good sleep.
I did take some time, reflected on the issue and what he said about replacing all the mattresses for $8,800. If there a 10 rooms and 2 mattresses in each - we i guess it make sense that even new mattresses would be less than comfortable as they are cheap quality. The sheets did not even cover the mattresses.
Over all - sleep I can catch up on and move on. But his dismissive behaviour towards me was disturbing.
I am not one to complain, likely would have left and not bother to take the time to rate the experience. But I decided to only because of his behaviour.

1  Thank m2nvacation
Reviewed 17 August 2022

There is nothing wrong with the room or room amenities, all basic necessities provided and the room was clean. What is lacking is customer service. The owner is abrupt, bordering on rude, and while he did apologize to me once for the way he spoke to me, I found his attitude and approach very off-putting. I would not be keen to stay here again.

Date of stay: July 2022
1  Thank SummerTraveller12121
Reviewed 14 August 2022

DO NOT BOOK HERE!
I booked on line a month before arrival. When I called the day I was to arrive I was told that he had no booking. He asked me repeatedly when I booked, and I kept saying that I had done so a month prior. His reply...” let me go out in the car and check my book”.

I was put on hold and when he came back with “ his book” I was told several times I was NOT in his system. I kept telling him i had done this but he kept repeating he did not have me. At this point I did not get angry, I simply accepted what he said...I had no choice...he would not listen.

So this morning I get a voice message from Don, the same man I spoke with on Friday. He was asking why I did not show up and I had been charged $148.35 to my visa for not arriving.

I called him promptly to ask kindly for a refund and to refresh his memory that we had spoken. He had no recollection. I firmly asked for a refund...he kept denying that we had spoken and would not take any responsibility. When I firmly instructed him to refund my money his reply...” I cannot do that, you’ll have to contact Booking.com and get your refund”. And hung up!

So I’m out a weekend away, AND charged $148.35 for something that he took no responsibility for. Wow! Atrocious.

I am still shaking my head.

1  Thank X4735XZterryw