“A nice surprise ”

Mike's American Diner
Ranked #2 of 12 Restaurants in Arundel
Reviewed 29 July 2017 via mobile

Stopped for lunch here after overhearing this was very good, from the lady at the cash of an antiques place. And it was very good. I believe our friendly server was Derek. He was great with the regulars like Carol and Ronnie. Fun atmosphere, you could tell people enjoyed their jobs and the customers. We had the bacon cheeseburger and smothered onion burger with fries. All delicious. They even asked how we would like our burgers cooked. I also tried the grape nut pudding with cream. I had never heard of it before...it was tasty. Lots of food choices...I'll be back when in Maine again.

1  Thank joanne b

Reviewed 26 July 2017

Just north of Kennebunkport on US Route 1, Mike’s American Diner is a classic American diner - nothing fancy, but entirely comfortable, friendly staff and best of all, well prepared, satisfying meal (good portions, too) - in our case, a very late breakfast. The coffee is fresh, delicious, Special #3 pancakes were thick but light with great flavor; omelet was generously filled with savory fresh vegetables and steel-cut oatmeal was just the way it should be. Clearly, Mike's is a favorite destination for locals, understandably so.

1  Thank GreatBlue2
Reviewed 11 July 2017

Living in Kennebunk, Me for over 30 years, visited most restaurant's in the area, it took me that time to find Mike's. Everything about it is perfect. The host was Dave, the fantastic waitress was Jolene, and needless to say the food and portions were beyond spectacular. People at another table had what looked like a bowl of chowder. Jolene proceeded to tell me that it was a 'cup' of chowder. My first course! We had been to a fairly new little restaurant in Cape Porpose. Ordered their chowder which was warm milk and hard potatoes. Anyway, we had an order of onion rings, pot roast (yummy), haddock with my favorite vegetable butternut squash. Topped it off with the best creamy Grape Nut Pudding, even Mom couldn't make. Mike's is a delightful, warm, friendly home based with the most delicious food. You will love it. The last thing I will say, is that I have never written a review on any eating establishment in my life. This is a first. And I am not on th payroll. No pretense, just come an enjoy.

1  Thank actorone2000
Reviewed 10 July 2017

It was Sunday and most restaurants in our area were closed but based on some reviews we stopped here about 15 minutes before they were to close. We were greeted warmly after apologizing for coming in last minute. They said no problem and nobody rushed us. The service was excellent and again friendly. Nice atmosphere. My wife had a chicken salad and I had a ham and swiss cheese sandwich. Everything was delicious and fresh and nicely presented. Prices were very reasonable.Definitely will return.

Reviewed 19 June 2017

The food for both breakfast and dinner was very good, but waiting over an hour for your meal both times we went there was not very good. We've given the restaurant two tries and though we enjoyed the food the experience was lacking. The servers are great, but are constantly asked, "can you check on our meals", we've been waiting a long time. We heard this from every table around us this morning. They need more kitchen staff if they're going to keep people coming.

1  Thank RobinW724