“Cheap and cheerful”

Add it.
Rest A While
Ranked #9 of 45 Restaurants in Strood
Reviewed 8 August 2017

Family run cafe, very friendly and accommodating, my son only wanted 1 egg, chips, cucumber and a slice of bread and although not on the menu it was no problem. They also do a lovely milky coffee, not a latte just a plain old fashioned all milk coffee.

Reviewed 30 April 2017 via mobile

We always visit here for breakfast as a treat most weekends! The kids love to eat there too and the staff are very friendly and make a fuss of the kids. Food is tasty and always spot on. Very clean cafe.

Reviewed 8 March 2017 via mobile

I've visited here fairly regularly over the last year and it's become one of my favourite cafes to visit within Medway.
I usually visit with a friend and we have hot drinks (usually coffee and tea) as well as either something on toast, omelette, or a sausage/bacon sandwich.

I like my tea really strong and the first time they served it with the milk already in the cup, which was far too weak for my tastes. I asked for a new cup with the milk on the side and the teabag left in so that I could let it stew for a bit. They were more than happy to oblige and were very friendly about it.

After my third visit they seemed to remember me and now automatically serve the milk on the side, which I think is a very nice touch (who doesn't like to be remembered?!).

I've previously enjoyed their poached egg on toast (the yolk was still runny and the toast wasn't too dark), as well as their bacon and sausage sandwiches.
My friend said that their omelette was tasty, and prices are average for the area and style of cafe. The tea is served in lovely white mugs, not those naff, oversized cups, where the drinks get cold too quickly.
The staff are really friendly and although the cafe is quite basic, it's clean and has a nice atmosphere. I actually prefer the typical "greasy spoon" type cafe anyway, and can't see the point in paying £2+ just for a mug of tea.

They seem to get a lot of regulars, which tells you all you need to know really. I'll certainly be visiting them again soon.

Reviewed 14 December 2016

A pretty standard cafe also doing dinners. The staff are very friendly and the food of good quality well worth a visit

Reviewed 13 December 2016 via mobile

Hot drinks were really nice but we had an egg and bacon roll which was small, hard egg and the bacon was cheap . The small roll was a bit burnt also but some of the other food such as the meals looked ok. Overall ok

Been to Rest A While? Share your experiences!