Malu Malu was a place everyone was talking about. It was one of the first hotels to be put up on the east coast after the end of the war. We of course traveled in 2014 to Malu Malu. The rooms were above market rates and we booked a double on H/B basis with a pool. It was a disappointment because:
1. The pool was not private, it was shared with the adjoining room. This was not mentioned on their website.
2. The pool was not cleaned properly as a result we did not use it.
3. The rooms were supposed to have a rustic finish but it looked cheap. The room size was small however the bathroom was comparatively quite large.
4. There was no seafood on the menu although we were right next to the sea.
The only good thing was the dinner which was set up on the beach. We liked the ambiance with dimly lit lanterns.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Maalu Maalu our beach hotel is awaiting you with its services in the beautiful environment of Pasikudha. The hotel offers comfortable 32 Deluxe rooms, 04 Interconnecting Chalets, 08 Rooms with Attics. A swimming pool, a sauna, a massage tub and further services are available for our hotel guests who wish to relax and indulge in Ayurvedic treatments. You can feel endlessly rolling waves reflecting the blue of the sky and tipped with frothy whiteness fill the air with a salty haze that sticks to the skin and fills the ears with sound. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Maalu Maalu Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Maalu Maalu Resort And Spas
- Maalu Maalu Hotel Kalkudah