All reviews hadrian's wall breakfast table continental breakfast room was clean and comfortable weekend stay saturday night city centre stayed here for one night stan newcastle carvery convenience tyne
Reviewed 27 September 2016

We stayed in the Dorset Arms because my son and I were visiting my husband in Walkergate Park Hospital.

We needed somewhere comfortable and caring to stay and we certainly found that here. All of the staff are very helpful and nothing is too much. The owner even took us to hospital on the first morning so we could get our bearings.

We slept very well in a freshly refurbished room. We were downstairs near to the bar at the weekend and were really pleased that the normal hubbub of the pub died down so quickly. The pub is on a quiet housing estate away from the main road and cars don't pass often so it is very quiet at night.

The food is delicious and caters for all tastes.

We have booked again because we like the Dorset Arms as a home from home while my husband is in hospital.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
lincup, General Manager at Dorset Arms Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2016

For your kind information, your comments are of a great importance to us,
only through it, we can aim to improve the level of services that our guests receive and in today's world this is essential.

Please rest assured that we take such comments seriously and follow them through in every case. It is always our intention to create the best possible environment for our guests' satisfaction.
We aim to provide a high level of quality in both our service
Thank you once again for your feedback and I look forward to welcoming you once again at The Dorset Arms Inn in the future.

Reviewed 21 September 2016

Myself and two friends arrived, weary and footsore after just completing the last leg of our Hadrian's wall walk. We were booked into the Dorset Arms and from the moment we walked in we were made to feel so welcome.
Stan and his team were very helpful, friendly and could not do enough to help us, we were made to feel very welcome. Our room was clean and tidy and the beds comfortable.
The food at the restaurant surpassed our expectations, all cooked from scratch and the starter of garlic bread was huge, the calamari also was a large portion,beautifully cooked and presented. My sea food pizza I had was the best I have had for years. My companions carbonara and salmon risotto were also exceedingly well cooked and very tasty. We had a wonderful waitress who was attentive and so welcoming.
So a big thank you to the owner and staff at the Dorset Arms, we wont forget you and your warm, genuine hospitality and fantastic food !

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends

Reviewed 21 September 2016 via mobile

Some of the rooms are above the kitchen and so get all the cooking smells. The room we got was poorly maintained, run down and in need of renovation. The TV didn't work and there was no Wi-Fi signal. The bathroom had a lot of mould growing in the shower. I cannot comment about the food as we did not eat at the Dorset Arms.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple

For your kind information, your comments are of a great importance to us,

only through it, we can aim to improve the level of services that our guests

receive and in today's world this is essential.

Please rest assured that we take such comments seriously and follow them

through in every case. It is always our intention to create the best

possible environment for our guests' satisfaction.

I can only apologize for any inconvenience caused. We do operate a restaurant and bar on the premises as advertised on our website. Furthermore had your complaint been made aware to our staff upon your visit , we would have been more than happy to offer an alternative accommodation.

In regards to our restaurant closing times. I can confirm that we are open

from 12- 9:30 pm Tuesday-Saturday ,12-8:00pm on Mondays and 12:- 5:00 pm Sunday as advertised on our website and room directory. We aim to provide a

high level of quality in both our service and food and are sorry that you feel that your experience did not meet these standards.

Reviewed 10 September 2016 via mobile

PETERS (one of the chefs) CARBONARA IS THE BEST CARBONARA EVER, his pizzas are great too. So definitely recommend him the servers are all great too always top quality service whilst you enjoy you're visit

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends

Reviewed 6 September 2016 via mobile

Excellent food and service and always a warm welcome. We live local to the Dorset arms and are frequent visitors and have never had a reason to complain. All round great place and happy to call it our local!

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family