“Lovely accommodation”
Review of The Princess Royal

The Princess Royal
Ranked #4 of 4 Restaurants in Runfold
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The blissful break away you deserve, The Princess Royal and its 27 sumptuous bedrooms will provide you with the perfect place to unwind in leafy Farnham. So whether you’re dropping by for a short stay or a long lunch, you’ll drink, dine and even doze in welcome comfort.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Stayed for one night as had a wedding nearby, accommodation was stunning comfortable bed, very clean, staff welcoming and helpful, lunch and breakfast was great, would stay again and recommend.

Tania Irwin I, General Manager at The Princess Royal, responded to this reviewResponded 6 days ago

Thank you for your feedback. It is lovely to hear that you enjoyed your stay and found the bed comfortable with welcoming staff and great food.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

How they can justify charging £10.50 for a glass of Chenin Blanc beggers belief – Four seasons is better value and the Ivy!

1  Thank 293adrian
Tania Irwin I, General Manager at The Princess Royal, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Good morning Adrian
I am disappointed after our emails that you have chosen to review us as one star. As mentioned there was clearly a miscommunication between you and the server on the day which I have offered to resolve for you and you agreed on this. Also as mentioned we do have wine lists available with wines starting from £4.90 upwards to cater for a range of budgets.
Any further queries please get in touch with me.
Kind regards
Tania Irwin, General Manager

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Was a loyal business visitor but went back this week for a business catch-up without noticing their cheapest brand of wine has gone up from £8.XX to £10.XX. Not coming back. Service is a bit slow as staff sitting around taking a break rather than serving customers who waited at the bar. The waitress at the reception who was on the phone had to come round to ask her colleague to help serving the long waited customers at the bar.

Good evening

I apologise if you found the wine that you had to not be costed as expected.

Whilst our top end New Zealand Sauvignnon Blanc does cost £10.50 for a large glass we do offer a frech alternative for only £7 for a large glass.

Our entry level wines cost £4.90 for a 175ml glass and do have wine lists available for any guests wishing to view our range.

Any further queries please let me know.

Reviewed 11 March 2018

I had the salad with hot smoked salmon. Decent plate. No complaints. Hotel fairly quiet for a Friday night.

1  Thank guranagirl

Thank you for your feedback. I hope that you provided your comments to us on the day on how we could improve our offering.

Reviewed 8 March 2018

The staff were superb - all friendly and efficient. However, we waited 45 minutes for a bowl of cheesy chips which were neither cheesy nor very chippy and cost £4.50 a bowl! The pub was busy but no warning was given that the food would take such a long time. The coffee wasn't great - more froth than coffee.

1  Thank Lizally47
Tania Irwin I, General Manager at The Princess Royal, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2018

Thank you for your feedback about your recent visit with us.

I apologise if the standard of food and coffee was not as it should have been and hope that you raised this with the manager on duty so that they could rectify this for you.

All team members have been trained in how to serve the coffee to standard and will have to review this with them.

We hope to welcome you back again and that we provide you with the food and drinks as expected.