“Good but could have been better”

Number 3 Restaurant
Ranked #54 of 88 Restaurants in Kohala Coast
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 23 November 2017

My wife and ate here twice during our recent stay on the Big Island. She loved her seafood salad and I did not like my hamburger or my fish taco's. The problem was the taste of the charring. I do not like that burnt taste. I did however enjoy the golf course view the popovers tasted good and the servers were friendly. In addition, we received the Hawaii golf card discount. Stick with the salad and shrimp and you won't go wrong. If you order the right meal you will be happy.

Reviewed 29 September 2017 via mobile

Had a quick lunch before golf the other day..wow the poke served over rice was excellent ..beer good..fans on but no ac and it was hot..they are building a bocce court outside and there is a casual snack bar there too. Salad wasn’t great.. and it was resort pricing..$50 for 2 for lunch ..

Reviewed 17 April 2017

The restaurant sits right on the Mauna Kea golf course. The scenery is beautiful, with the manicured lawns surrounded by huge trees and many varieties of birds. We thoroughly enjoyed watching the woodpeckers and cardinals as we waited for our meal.

The menu includes sandwiches, salads and entrees and is the perfect lunchtime fare. I had the seafood sliders which included three small sandwiches of crab cake, lobster salad and a tempura ono. Totally delicious!

Reviewed 12 December 2016 via mobile

I love Number 3. I have never been disappointed my meal. I decided to write a review and put some pictures of the new menu because the menu link is misleading and shows the menu from years ago which brings back flashbacks of some delicious food. The seafood sliders, calamari and poke was delicious. Service is always top notch and friendly. Can't wait to go back!

Reviewed 2 December 2016 via mobile

Nice location, right at the golf course. Clean and airy, contemporary style. Well mixed up menu, fish tacos and fish n chips were good. Friendly service.