Hostel Villa Vento Surf Morrillo(Torio)(Great Value!)
US$46
  • Beachfront
US$35
US$23
  • Beachfront
Hotel Santa Catalina(Santa Catalina)
US$73
  • Pool
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$87/night.

Santa Catalina Inn(Santa Catalina)(Great Value!)
US$47
Mykonos Hotel & Convention Center(Santiago de Veraguas)
Hotel Gran David(Santiago de Veraguas)
US$95
La Hacienda(Santiago de Veraguas)
US$75
US$64
Hotel Vista Lago Ecoresort(Santiago de Veraguas)
US$69
Hotel Cubita(Chitre)
US$100
All reviewsfresh fruitinfinity poolsebastienclimbjamsguestsbeersoceanbeachpanama
Reviewed 16 February 2017 via mobile

We stayed at the hotel for three days to relax before our sea kayaking adventure around isla coiba.
We were lucky to be the only guests in the hotel so we had the infinity pool, lounge area and beach all to ourselves.
Sebastien took care of us very well with great breakfast and freshly made diners at night. No lunch options are provided at the hotel but we didn't miss it. The gin tonics sebastien makes were really great, those will be missed :)
The rooms are clean with great beds and beautiful bathrooms and of course a view on the pool and ocean.
Highly recommended!

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 February 2017 via mobile

Upon arrival our jaws dropped of pure amazement. What a location, what a view! !

During Our 3 night stay we were the only guests, making us Feel like real VIP'S at this spectecular hotel!

We enjoyed the gin and tonics made by Sebastian, as well as ice cold beers, Good wine and a constant flow of fresh tapwater.

The dinner prepared by Sebastian was good and tasty, seefood, salades an side dishes. Breakfast was tasty with a bucket full of fresh fruits, Good Coffee, Breda with jams, and cooked to order eggs.

The rooms (poolside) were very clean. Large kingsize bed, fresh linen and shower supplies.

The beach was breathtakingly beautyfull!

At the Day of our check out Sebastian helped us getting a boat transfer to santa catalina. He even dropped us off at the pick up place of the boat.

This was an amazing part of our holiday in Panama! Thanks Sebastian, and His Mother (also an amazing person). We had a blast, and an amazing 35th bithday for Daan :)

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 January 2017

Indeed, this place is probably not loved by everyone, but I also don't think it was meant for everyone. Being relatively expensive, some might expect a lot more, but we enjoyed our stay here to the max. The exclusive, amazing view, the beautiful infinity pool in raw concrete, the host, Sebastien, who knows what he wants and likes, and does not go for compromise, his funny dad, the wild beach all for yourself. And of course good food and clean rooms and good WIFI everywhere.
We stayed in the bungalow which is more private than the rooms by the pool.
The road to Torio is aweful, following a local to dodge the potholes was a good idea.
If anyone knows more places like this in the world, just let me know, and we'll go there.

Room Tip: Unfortunately not a good place to go when you are not generally fit (good on your feet).
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 March 2016 via mobile

positive:
- amazing, unique view
- beautiful infinity pool
- atmosphere and calmness
- friendly host and the hosts dad
- clean and pretty rooms
- delicious breakfast with a variety of fresh fruits
- awesome, lonely, big beach (it even has a lovely selfmade shower!)

negative:
- no snacks
- wifi doesn't always work which is totally understandable in this location (you have to choose between an amazing, lonely place with not perfectly working wifi or a not so amazing, lonely place with perfect wifi. i would choose the first option over and over again because while waiting for the wifi to work again you can enjoy the other 1000 advantages of this place! And it is not like the wifi doesn't work at all, I think for the location it works quite good actually!)

This was seriousely the most beautiful and peaceful place on earth I have ever been at. Due to being the only guests for one night, it was even more special and calm. If you want total privacy you can take a bungalow. We planned to stay two nights (in the main building), but asked for an extra night. We "had to" move into a bungalow which was an absolutely amazing experience, too. Both room types have their advantages.

We would definitely book this hotel again and again and recommend it to everybody. We will never forget the breathtaking sunsets. This place is heaven on earth!!!

Thank you Sebastian for allowing this experience!

Regards, swiss people

Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Simibelle
Reviewed 1 March 2016

I visited Camino del Sol in February 2016 and would not recommend it to other vacationers. Upon arrival at the “road” to the hotel I was concerned about being able to get to the vehicle safety there. A SUV couldn’t navigate the hill and had to have assistance from the owner. The entrance has quite a few stairs with no hand rail making getting luggage in very difficult. No assistance was offered from the staff. The view is spectacular but that’s where anything enjoyable about this visit ends. The rooms are sparse and simple. The mosquito netting didn’t cover the entire bed. The shower drained slow and ran on the bathroom floor. The toilet seat was worn, made of wood and was splintering. There are no lounge chairs at the pool, there is a foam chair/love seat provided for each room on the deck outside the hotel room door. It is very uncomfortable and difficult to get in and out of. It is the only furniture available for use near the pool.
The owner will cook dinner for $35.00 relaying he does so for his guest’s convenience as doesn’t make any money on it. The dinner was good but at the $35.00 per person fee it was quite pricey (he is certainly making money on what is offered). There are limited dining options in town, nothing open for lunch and no options offered at Camino del Sol. At a small Fonda approximately 15 minutes away four people ate for $40 - $50.
Shortly after arriving I obtained a beer from a cooler I had brought and asked the staff member present if I could take it poolside, and did so with approval. Shortly thereafter the owner arrived and saw the beverage, he made a comment about it but I thought he was joking, even gesturing “Cheers”. Apparently the owner does not believe that any outside food or drink should be allowed in his establishment (even on the deck right outside the room I had rented) which was not on the website or posted anywhere on the grounds or in the rooms. Speaking with the owner I found him to be condescending, unwelcoming and unpleasant. When check out time came I was more than ready to leave due to the uncomfortable environment he had created. At checkout the owner added a $25 charge per person for a”tax” on drinking from my own cooler while there( I did purchase one bottle of wine with dinner for $28 –again pricey for what was offered and limited choice). The fee imposed was very arbitrary since I did not have anything to drink but water the following day but had the same fee as some in my party that had drinks both days. The owner is unprofessional and began raising his voice when I was checking out stating “You will pay!” I did so only under protest. The owner did not have the decency to speak to me in a respectful manner concerning the consumption of my own beverages; the issue could have been resolved in a respectful and mutually positive manner with a little common courtesy.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled with friends