5,422 results
All reviews blue elephant quarterdeck bar the executive lounge oceana restaurant marina view beach club portomaso marina excellent hotel duty manager main pool main restaurant large balcony st julians overlooking the sea public areas large hotel mini bar
Reviewed 27 September 2012

We had a pool/ sea view room which was very nice, unfortunately 2 floors up from the pool there was little privacy. Room generally was as expected for 5 star. Very disappointed with the hidden extras such as having to pay to use the minibar, even for purchases at the Hilton. ( Room for baby bottle and medicines) €25 per week. Wifi- €11 per day. (Local bars have free wifi ) and two very thin pillows which can be exchanged for firmer ones. A range of pillows available at a cost; I believe it was €3 per night. It felt a bit like travelling first class with budget airline add ons- I just didn't expect this, no more than the maid knocking the door at 9 am to clean.
Saturday night is the night for an excellent buffet evening meal. There are lots of weekend visitors and it's busy. All other nights the choice of foods drops dramatically but the quality remains high.
The Quaterdeck bar setting, looking over the harbour, and with excellent bar staff service is a pleasant setting for the evening.
The Blue Elephant Restaurant, ( Thai) is an absolute must. There is a lift and you can sit overlooking the harbour.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Polly E
Reviewed 26 September 2012

Nice resort-type hotel designed for business/conference clients. Not so good for tourists.
Served me watery instant coffee at the pool-side bar. 4-star?!?!
Would not go again for a relaxing holiday.
Fine room, good sea view.
Cannot believe Hilton's policy on wifi: €55 for a week is OUTRAGEOUS when it is free in all bars and cafes nearby. (costs even more if you buy it in chunks) how do they expect to get tourists to stay in and buy drinks/meals?. We are not all on expense accounts.
Save it for the business conference trip.

Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nick E
Philippa M, Personal Assistant at Hilton Malta, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2012

Dear Nick ,

Many thanks for taking the time to share your feedback following your visit to Hilton Malta .

Your constructive comments are highly appreciated as this enables us to constantly evaluate and improve our service.

Kindly note that our internet is competitively priced as in other 5 star establishments in our area. and we provide free internet for 24 hrs at our Lobby Lounge upon consumption of any item from the menu .

I would like to thank you once again for visiting our Hotel and please contact me personally if I can be of further assistance.

Kind Regards

Philippa Mifsud
Executive Office

Reviewed 26 September 2012

This is an excellent hotel. Excellent service, great restaurants especially the Blue Elephant Thai restaurant and very comfortable rooms. The swimming pools and common areas are all very good. If you are looking for a 5 star hotel this fits the description. The only drawback is Malta itself which is a scruffy island covered in litter.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Alan954
Reviewed 25 September 2012 via mobile

They will never have my custom ever again as the reception staff were extreemly rude and offensive.We had booked a two week stay at what we thought was an exclusive hotel we were ever so upset by the money grabbing attitude of the senior staff.The waiters and cleaners were excellent and should change positions with the senior staff.l have stayed in major hotels throughout the world and this one is very low in my opinion. l left my wallet in reception on the main desk. When l made an enquiry about my loss the desk staff laughed and said we have never seen that wallet.l complained and said there it is just near that telephone.He then said the name on one of the cards inside is MrHuptner is that you.l said its got my wifes photo and my name is Nadir which is on the driving licence inside.He then gave me my wallet back and l immediatly noticed that money was missing.l complained but l was told it was my own stupid fault.

• Stayed: September 2012
3  Thank pollypeck

Dear Pollypeck,

We have read with concern your comment and we are very disturbed by it as it is not in our custom to treat our guests this way.

Could you please indulge us and give us a number to call as we are extremely anxious to shed light to the story.

In anticipation of your reply we remain at your service.

Kind Regards

Philippa Mifsud
Executive Office

Reviewed 24 September 2012

My family of myself, my husband and 2 boys of 12 and 10 stayed at the Hilton Malta at the end of August. We had two fantasctic rooms with average views but the rooms themselves were great. Breakfast was substantial and anything you could think of was on offer. The lower pool restaurant was really super. The a la carte Italian restaurant was overpriced, particulary versus the quality and value of surrounding local restaurants. We ate at some really super places in St Julians and Valetta, all recommended by the concierge.
There are several pools at the Hilton, many overrun by small kids - great if you have them, less so if you dont. We moved to the lower pools, one of which was much quieter. We did have one overall issue with all of the pools (can't speak for adult only or indoor pool) and that was the lack of cleanliness - cloudy water, mucky too, a bit off-putting. Also, most of the pools are in need of a general refurbishment. This to us reduced the hotels's 5 star status.
One additional issue for us if you are a hilton honours member is that the executive lounge is way too small for the size of hotel and often there were no seats available - again, lots of young children.
The staff were very friendly and helpful and overall the hotel does well for such a large one. Very accessible location for St Juilans and good to have a water sports office next door.
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay in Malta but wouldn't return having now been there once.

The staff were very friendly and helpful

Room Tip: Think the marina side is the better side.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family