“Long wait”

NAAR RestoBar Terracce
Ranked #118 of 345 Restaurants in Saint Julian's
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Visited this place many times in the past and was always satisfied with food and service. Om Easter day we were a party of 19. Food took 2 hours to be served. Complementary focaccia was served, but i dont think that this was enough to compensate for the extremely long wait. Food was good though

Reviewed 27 March 2018

A tough review to leave, as up until this incident, it had been a place I would like to relax during the day having couple of quiet drinks or some lunch. Not normally one to leave comments however I feel that this was inexcusable.

On the second last day of my holiday I was sitting enjoying a drink and the view outside. I asked the waitress if it would be possible for her to charge up my phone inside, which she said that would be possible. To my disbelief, when I asked for my phone back, the waiter brought my Iphone back with a cracked screen. Immediately I asked the waiter what had happened, he seemed unsure so went to seek management.

First of all a supervisor came over and I was told that even though they were charging my phone, it was not their responsibility to look after it. His exact words were "If you park your car somewhere, that does mean that it is safe". A ridiculous comment for a manager that works in a restaurant to make. He then said to me he couldn't do anything so had to seek the owner.

The owner who went by the name of Jean came over to speak to me. I explained the story to him and his response was that it would not have been possible for that to happen. I explained to him that it was not a possibility, but a fact that the screen had not been broken when I gave it in to be charged, and had been broken upon return. I also explained to him that I had been a regular customer in his restaurant over the course of my holiday spending over 200 euros there. His response was pathetic, taking no responsibility and making me feel like I was trying to lie.

Eventually after my persistence he agreed that if I took it to a phone shop to get fixed, I could get in touch with him and he would "see what he could do for me". When I messaged him with a quote for the repair, he replied saying he was reviewing CCTV footage of where the phone was charging. I asked him to let me know the result of this and this was the last I heard of him.

As someone that's worked in the hospitality industry for over 10 years and is trained in complaint handling, I was absolutely shocked by Jean's lack of understanding and taking ownership of his restaurants mistake.I have to pay for this out of my own pocket whilst Jean's restaurant continues to charge people 15 euros for a pizza, I'm sure he could have afforded to compensate me for their error. A very backwards way of managing a restaurant.

Reviewed 19 March 2018

Naar is a trendy modern venue with quite loud beat music, if you like that then it could be for you. Great situation overlooking the sea. Staff are friendly and try to help. Food was disappointing, I had the fish burger which was not good bit too fishy (quite strong). The waiter did enquire and seemed genuinely concerned that I had not enjoyed it.

1  Thank ianoona
Reviewed 13 March 2018

Didnt eat here, but this place looked so relaxed we went for a cocktail as we were passing.Sat outside on the terrace, great music and it was special, sitting looking over the bay, lovely location

Reviewed 12 March 2018

We tried to eat here for lunch one day and were told that the kitchen had closed. However, did see others being served as we were leaving.
We went again another night and had some cocktails - the service was not great.
Would not return.