“Good food, good atmosphere, great night.”
Review of Downshire Arms

Downshire Arms
Ranked #23 of 128 Restaurants in Bracknell
Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 26 February 2017 via mobile

Muscle, my fiancé and two friends met at the downshire arms for an evening following the refit. Our waitress was an absolute gem, very attentive, willing to accommodate my fiancés requests regarding her burger and managed to be there whenever we wanted to ask something or to order another drink. The food was great, I had Fillet steak served rare, it was beautifully cooked and not cold at all, which can happen when you order it rare. Desserts were a good size and very nice. We had apple crumble and custard, and also a cheesecake. Both were excellent. Cannot fault any part of our visit and can easily recommend going here. We've been here many times before and will return again.

1  Thank Jon_Errington

Reviewed 23 February 2017

We called in last night unplanned. Have eaten at Beefeaters before and found them OK. Ate in the bar which was alright. Waited around 8 minutes service for a drink as did a couple of other visitors. Ordered a pint of Pride and a Red Wine for my wife, waited a further 5 minutes for the lady to find the correct wine.
Waited a further 10 minutes to order food at the bar with no acknowledgment of staff getting drinks ready. Another customer commented on it being quicker to go in and cook it yourself.
Food ordered starter turned up in fairly quick time? I ordered the sticky Duck Wings, wish I hadn't obviously. They been sitting round for some time and quiet tough. The sticky sauce was non existent and it looked nothing like the photo on the website. There was also no condiments on the table or paper knapkins on the table. I Had ordered the fillet steak and was a tad concerned at what was going to presented. It actually was very good though the Bernadine sauce was watery. My wife's Vegie Burger was ok to be honest.
The plates where placed in front of us and the waitress duly left. We waited a couple of minutes fully expecting her to return with a couple of knapkins and Knife and Fork, she didn't. I did ask her at the bar could we have some and was told to collect them near the gaming machines.... really !!! Would have been good if that had been explained when the food was delivered.

Needless to say we won't be making any planned or unplanned

Reviewed 23 February 2017

This was my first visit since the refurbishment. The seating has improved but the overall impression was of being still dull and dark. The food we chose was ok and the price was average.
My biggest gripe is that we were asked by the waiter if we had our parking ticket !!!!
so that we could be refunded. We did not see the meter when we arrived and it had only become operational that day.
On leaving we spotted a meter and another in the Premier Inn area.
I have never had this experience before and will not come again. Anyone visiting for a drink would also have to pay a parking charge.
I think it is out of order.

Reviewed 19 February 2017

Booked a table for 4 and was instantly sat down with parents, who had arrived before us.Gorgeous refurbishment and we had a lovely table.

Ordered two burgers a jacket potato and a mixed grill. All arrived together and in good time. Professionally presented food on pristine plates. My father polished off his food very quickly and the jacket potato went down well with my mum. Had just a couple of hick ups. My fiance wanted well done steak and one end had blood as it was thicker.staff didn't waste any time at all, in giving him not just a new steak, but a whole new meal. Needless to say he was full when we left the restaurant. They were also very attentive with me, when I couldn't eat my burger and promptly gave me a freshly made one.

Excellent service, by professional staff. Beautifully decorated interior. Chef who really knows his kitchen.

We will be eating there again and highly recommend this restaurant.

1  Thank Errol P
Reviewed 19 February 2017 via mobile

Table booked for 19:45 we got there 5 mins early and told that the table would be ready in 5 mins so all good. Asked to go to the bar which we did. At 20:00 went to see what was happening, 5 mins later someone turned up and had no idea who we were but table was ready. As we walked through restaurant there was loads of empty but not cleared tables. We ordered our dinner and some extra drinks. After 20 mins we had to see a waiter to at least get our drinks after 30 mins or so our dinner turned up. The redeaming factor was the food was piping hot and delicious. Will go back but hopefully they will have employed more staff to look after everyone.