“Take away!!!”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Bland and bland again.. never again... second time here and both times been disappointed.. and what’s with the no alcohol??? Don’t bother even looking at he menu... save your money

Reviewed 5 March 2018

I have been using the Sultan House for more years than I can remember, and always had excellent quality food and service.
However, a visit last Saturday has certainly changed my opinion.
The first thing I noticed was that the staff seemed different to the usual team. I didn’t recognise anybody, and nobody was dressed as normal. In fact the person who I assumed to be in charge was in a hoody. Hardly the correct dress code.
Even though we had reserved a table for 6, they were insistent that the booking was for 10. It took a lot of discussions for them to realise that there were in fact two reservations. One for 6, one for 10.
We ordered pre-dinner drinks. And waited. Then, only to be told that they had no vodka, and in-fact they were stopping all alcohol service in the future and stocks were running low. There was no mention of this fact on booking or when we were first seated. The excuse was that they were having problems with their supplier. Solution would be, change supplier!
Apparently in future they are going to add a corkage charge to the total food bill, between 10-15% if you bring your own alcohol. This seems very excessive. Not only are they not providing a service they expect the customers to pay a surcharge!
Service was abysmal. Nobody bothered to come to the table to take our order. After about 15 minutes I asked for some poppadums. These were quick in arriving, but no plates. I had to ask again after a long wait.
It then took another age for anybody to take our main order, when we were then told that they had run out of beer!
I am not sure if the restaurant is being sold or the current owners are just changing the way it operates. But I feel that the lack of alcohol is a backwards step and will seriously affect the popularity of this venue. I certainly will not be visiting again.

Reviewed 5 February 2018 via mobile

We visited this restaurant to eat on the way home from a family day out and the food was very good, the waiter couldn’t do enough to help and was very pleasant, It’s not expensive and the portion sizes are quite large. Thank you very much for such a lovely meal.

Reviewed 24 January 2018 via mobile

What's better than a curry from Saltan Balti house . A little treat to indulge very tasty. Good food good service home delivery and before estimated time

Reviewed 20 November 2017

Went to Sultan Balti House last night, and though the food was lovely, I ws disppointed overall.
We got there and we were welcomed very warmly and sat in a lovely booth. We were asked for drinks and given menus.
We ordered veg samosas and butterfly king prawns, both of which were great. For mains we ordered Chicken Balti and Naans. The chicken was way better than expected and the naan was fantastically soft and fluffy. The disappointment came from the fact that other diners were offered poppadoms and dessert yet we were not offered either of those. We weren't even given a chance to ask for the bill. Once the table was cleared the waiter went over to the bar and came back with our bill.