4,436 results
All reviews kailyard restaurant nick nairn cookies cocktail bar separate building front facing main building leisure facilities junior suite steam room both nights dinner bed and breakfast doubletree by hilton relaxing break self service beautiful building short break
Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

We have been coming to this lovely hotel every Easter & October for the last few years and always have a fantastic break.
Sadly, we had to cut this years trip short after only 1 night due to our 5 year old breaking her collar bone when out a walk.
The staff were amazing and very understanding. Not only did they only charge us 1 night when we checked out at 6pm on day 2, they gave us cookies for the journey home, to cheer us all up. Too many hotels these days would easily have charged us for the remaining nights.
Thanks so much for the exceptional way you dealt with this very unfortunate situation.
We cant wait to come back in a few weeks, when the little one is better.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

The room we were 1st given was small and a bit run down and was the furthest away from the reception area with additions stairs. Due to my Mums mobility issues we asked to move room and the staff were very helpful and were given another room close to the lift which was a lot nicer and bigger in size. Our diner was excellent such great flavours and we had lots of choice for breakfast. Its such a lovely hotel if you get the right room.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 March 2018

I have just returned from my first overnight stay at this hotel. Arriving at reception I expected the usual warm welcome but this was exceptional.
I had been getting a warning signal front the dashboard panel of my car and was asking for information about local garages. However the concierge (Jim) was called and he turned out to have experience with my brand of car. He insisted on taking a look at it, spotted the problem, under-inflated tyres and explained where I could find an air line. He observed that I walked with difficiculty so carried my bag through reception and up to our room. He then kept a friendly eye on us during the evening.
The rest of our stay went well, nice room, comforable bed and excellent breakfast.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Tom M
Reviewed 30 March 2018

We were gifted a 1 night stay at the Dunblane Hydro with an evening meal at the Nick Nairn restaurant for our 40th wedding anniversary and were delighted with everything. We were given an upgraded room with lovely views over the front of the Hotel and this room was large and bright with all the amenities one would expect, including a room safe. Only slight niggle was that the heating is centrally controlled and we couldn't turn it off or down, so room got a bit warm.
We made use of the leisure facilities which are in a separate building and these were also of a good standard, but if it's a wet day, dress appropriately.
As part of our stay, we had a meal in the Nick Nairn restaurant and this was a lovely experience. The staff couldn't have been more attentive, and the steaks we had were possibly amongst the best we've had. Breakfast was also excellent, having a large choice at the buffet style restaurant, and we noted that it was constantly being topped up. We had a few drinks in the bar and the staff there were also very attentive and prices were ok.
This hotel is used for conferences and can be busy (as it was for our stay), but this did not detract from our experience. This is an elderly property, but is maintained to a good standard with lifts to all floors.
In conclusion, we'd recommend a stay if you want to visit this part of Scotland.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 March 2018

the Junior Suite at the corner of the hotel on a high floor is a great place to be, great view, no noise

the interior might be a bit old-style, but everything was clean and absolutely fit for purpose

a mini bar might be nice, but I wouldn´t consider that mandatory

Room Tip: highly recommend the Junior Suite
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family