“Food great service anything but”

The Ivy Cobham Brasserie
Reserve with OpenTable
The Ivy Cobham Brasserie is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 52 Restaurants in Cobham
Price range: US$27 - US$81
Description: The Ivy Cobham Brasserie brings the familiar luxury of The Ivy, to a relaxed yet sophisticated all-day dining restaurant on Cobham High Street.
Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Our visit to the Ivy this weekend was proof if needed that the quality of the food in a restaurant is only one part of the experience. My sandwich and my wife’s afternoon tea were delicious as were the drinks (though I’m not convinced there was that much G in my G&T).

However the front of house was highly disorganised and the service frankly rude. If you forget to bring the tea with someone’s sandwiches just apologise and bring it, don’t try and say we asked for it to be held back and were mistaken in what we’d asked for. And the speed with which the waitress in question then went into the “do you want to speak to my manager routine” suggests it wasn’t the first time someone had complained. The manager was good enough to comp a reasonable portion of the meal but was still trying to make excuses, “a moment of stress for the waitress” etc. Again just say sorry.

Hard to think we’ll be going back.

1  Thank Tim_Ruxton

Reviewed 1 April 2018

We booked for 1.45 but had a really good journey down and arrived earlier we had a warm greeting and they told us that our table was ready so we went to the table.
We had a great lunch my wife and son had duck which was fabulous and I had asparagus also great, for mains we had steak, chicken milanaise and yellow fin tuna all very good, the desserts sounded tempting but we were quite full so decided to share the chocolate bomber wow really tasty.
With water coke and a couple of glasses of wine the bil was quite reasonable for the quality and the service was really good too

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

I had heard a lot about the restaurant so was looking forward to the surprise dinner I'd booked with my husband. Overall we were a little underwhelmed... asparagus starter was nice if not imaginative. My blackened cod was good but my husband's lamb shank was just passable, and overly heavy on the English mustard. We felt the service was very hurried - nobody was booked on our table after our 8pm booking but each course followed far too quickly. Before we were able to take our seat, the waitress was asking if we wanted sparkling or still water! Cocktails and starters arrived together and the dessert menu was on the table as they cleared the mains. The decor is great, very smart bar but acoustics made the restaurant unduly loud, to the point of making conversation difficult. I saw three tables with guests with their phone torches on, pointing at the menu as the subdued lighting paired with the tiny writing on the menu and barely flickering candle made choosing food and wine quite a challenge! Overall we had a nice evening but this certainly is not fine dining, more like a gastro-pub experience. Pleasant, but for us, not a must-go-back soon experience.

1  Thank Judith M
Reviewed 31 March 2018

Spent an hour or so this lunchtime at The Ivy. Been many times. Not in the best of health so no energy for a battle - however when we left and were asked if we had enjoyed our meal we did question if the chips were "oven" and also our burgers- one medium arrived well done and the second well done arrived way overcooked. It is fine to say that one should always complain at the time but we honestly hoped to book somewhere with a great reputation have a quick meal and move on with no issues. Staff on check out promised to pas on our feedback of (in my opinion cardboard chips) so we will see what comes of that. However, it is high time that restaurants, in particularly chains, stopped relying upon the customers to give feedback all of the time . The meal I had two weeks ago at The Ivy in Wimbledon Village was way better.

1  Thank maybanks50
Reviewed 30 March 2018

Our second trip to the Ivy for brunch.

A wide choice on both the brunch and breakfast menu. Quality of food and wait service are very good. Although the real test will probably be once we have had dinner here.

The only downside is the tight parking and the staff at reception who on one occasion there was no one manning the desk and on our last visit there were 3 staff chatting rather than greeting the customers...uhmm rather odd