“Pay to park if you are our guest!!!!”

Bromsgrove Hotel & Spa
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Bromsgrove
Reviewed 4 February 2012

Paying £5.00 to park overnight when your a paying GUEST is a joke. I would have rather had that included in my room rate than feel I had just be ripped off. Then dirty sheets- blood I think......complained on check out and was refunded my £5.00 car park fee. Terrible!!!!

• Stayed: February 2012
michaelsquire, General Manager at Bromsgrove Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2012

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback after your recent stay, your time is appreciated. I was sorry to read you had a couple of issues, accpet my apologies for any shortcomings on our part.
Like many establishments nowadays, from hotels, to shopping centres to hospitals, we do have car park charges. I do acknowledge car park charges can be contentious issues, levied to cover the costs of operating safely such large areas. (we are one of the first in the area to do so but I am sure we won't be the last). These charges are advised on the front page of our website at £5 a night for residents. Some companies do have it included in their rates but as not everyone comes by car we haven't levied the charge to everyone.
I was concerned to read about marks on our linen. All linen is laundered after use and put on fresh for every new arrival. It is delivered though in metal cages and occasionally we do get small rust spots on the linen from these metal cages. This should be noticed by the team as we make the bed, my apologies if we have missed one. I will certainly have a training session with the housekeeping team to ensure they are vigilant when making their beds.

Thank you once again for your time on our behalf,

michael.squire@hilton.com

Write a ReviewReviews (1,277)

Reviewed 2 February 2012

We stayed for a family party close by. The room was well appointed but the access to the bathroom was ridiculously tight - you had to squeeze past the toilet to shut the door. The television was annoying as it kept returning to the hotel page and the supposed news summary was at least five months out of date. The charge of £5 a day for the car park was unnecessary - it is a suburban area and as said one could park outside for free. The breakfast was good and the service was friendly and efficient.

Room Tip: Need to check room for disabled access - walking or with a wheelchair - see comments on bathroom acc...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 January 2012

We stopped by here for one night on the way to London. Room was good size with large bathroom. The breakfast was good and staff was very friendly especially at the restaurant. I asked a lady if I could have a cup of coffee as my partner was still in bed at 6:30am and she promptly brought a whole jug of coffee and milk to me whilst I was sat at the lobby. This is great service. Only downside is that the parking cost £5.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
michaelsquire, General Manager at Bromsgrove Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2012

Thanks for your feedback, I will pass your observations onto the breakfast team, they'll be pleased. I'm glad they could help you out with some coffee before they opened at 7am. We are well suited for stopovers going south or going north as we are so close to many of the key motorways. I know that can be a bonus as well as a drawback,

Keep your eyes though on the Hilton website for all the best deals and offers,

Thanks once again

michael.squire@hilton.com

Reviewed 24 January 2012

Stayed recently for my Sister's birthday. Hotel is about one mile from the M42 so I liked it's location, really easy to get to.

When we arrived the football was on in the bar, which was just what the doctor ordered. The food and drink while we looked on was nice but relatively expensive.

The check in process was fast and easy (with exception of the unfriendly lady behind the desk) but the parking cost of £5 per car, per day was unnecessary considering the area we were in (could have parked outside the gates for free).

The rooms I found excellent. Comfortable bed, good flat screen TV, clean and spacious. Bathroom of my room was big too, although some other members of the family who stayed on the groundvfloor like me had smaller bathrooms. There was an ironing board, coffee machine and plenty of plug sockets to charge my phone up.

Breakfast the next morning (which was included with the price of the room) was what I've come to expect from a Hilton. Tasty, plentiful and a good array of different foods.

As said, location was perfect, and you want to walk out there's a Toby's Carvery 5 minutes walk the road. We took a 25 minute drive into the centre of Birminghan, and a 20 minute drive to Solihull.

As said, a nice hotel which I'd be more than happy to stay at again.

• Stayed: January 2012
michaelsquire, General Manager at Bromsgrove Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2012

Thanks for your feedback after your recent stay. I trust your sister had a great time at her birthday. I will pass your comments onto the team. Ref bathrooms, you were lucky. Although our rooms are all ensuite, the majority do have small bathrooms (but big bedrooms) . Please your a sports fan, we do have a comprehensive selection of sports channels in the bar and 3 x sky sports in the bedrooms as well. Keep your eyes open on the Hilton website for all the best deals and hopefully we'll see you again.
Rgds for now

Reviewed 10 January 2012

This hotel is a great place to break your journey from the northeast to the southwest of England. Excellent facilities, courteous staff and wonderful pool and rooms.
Highly recommended for what must be the best hotel breakfast in the UK.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Chocolatemezzo

Thanks for your feedback after your recent stay with us. i would agree about our location being good if you are heading south west or need to be near to the M5, M6, M42 or M40. All close by (unless the tracffics bad!) Please to read you enjoyed your stay and that the team looked after you. I hope we get the pleasure of your company the next time you are travelling.
With Rgds

Michael Squire

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bromsgrove
4.1 km away
Hallmark Hotel Stourport Manor
#1 of 1 in Stourport-on-Severn
10 km away
Holiday Inn Express Droitwich M5, Jct 5

Been to Bromsgrove Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!