“Ignore the bad reviews - Great food and atmosphere”
Review of Beefeater

Beefeater
Ranked #129 of 272 Restaurants in St Helens
Reviewed 14 February 2018 via mobile

I came to eat here as a pit stop en route to see some friends in the North. The staff and the food really made my visit, the place has a great atmosphere and great seats.. this was my first time at a Beefeater and I thought it was great. Ignore the bad reviews you see on here, the food is similar to Wetherspoons (only a big better) and you get what you pay for.

The atmosphere is great and the staff was always asking if my food was ok and if they could get me anything else. I spoke to Aaron (Female, who I think is one of the Managers) as I had a nut allergy and she told the chef and took great care with my food to ensure it was safe for me to eat.

I ordered the Rodeo Steak Burger and it was lovely, perfectly cooked “well done” but not burnt as you often find in restaurants.

I will definitely return here when I come up to the North to visit friends again.

Reviewed 10 February 2018 via mobile

I turned up with my family after making a booking only to find no body had made a not of it. Once finally seated we ordered our food and drinks. My son received a refillable glass however when he went to fill up he found they were out of a high majority of drinks! Then after about 10 minutes of waiting for our food to arrive a waitress came and told us the kitchen had run out of most of the dishes we had ordered! I re-ordered the chicken which, when finally arrived, dry and full of gristle. Terrible experience.

Reviewed 14 December 2017 via mobile

Had to be said worse burger and chips ever check out the photo ( I was not told they do not have gluten free bread ( the same company queens Drive do ?there was amazing ) so might b better going there for your gluten free Defo a better services thanks all Paula Newland gluten free FB

Ps I had eaten some

Reviewed 26 November 2017

Having stayed at a few Premier Inns lately and having to pop into a Beefeater each time on at least one occasion, they are strange beasts. You often find, unsurprisingly at busy times their is a long wait yet when you look at numbers on the ground you can see plenty of room to get either more people or tables in. It also is often noted that they can be staff short especially in morning. Our meal here was literally ok, certainly not bad, with a good choice and basically good. We did however have long waits to get in and then be served etc. I just feel they could all be that little bit better?

Reviewed 24 November 2017 via mobile

Overpriced, very basic food!!! Would recommend elsewhere to eat very small portions too! Would recommend going to a local pub/eatery!