“Sunday lunch”
Review of Beefeater

Beefeater
Ranked #129 of 316 Restaurants in St Helens
Reviewed 24 April 2018 via mobile

The service was pleasant but the food was disappointing. Not quite warm enough and al limp vegetables on the Sunday roast. There are many better places to get a good roast dinner.

Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

Took 48 minutes to get a Sunday roast. Food was cold. Seems the staff just walk around. Took another 10 minutes to get a coke. We will not be back. I recommend going somewhere else.

Reviewed 18 February 2018

Visited with friends & really enjoyed food,steak good quality & cooked really well,service not as quick as could have been but it was a saturday night so may explain things.

Reviewed 14 February 2018 via mobile

I came to eat here as a pit stop en route to see some friends in the North. The staff and the food really made my visit, the place has a great atmosphere and great seats.. this was my first time at a Beefeater and I thought it was great. Ignore the bad reviews you see on here, the food is similar to Wetherspoons (only a big better) and you get what you pay for.

The atmosphere is great and the staff was always asking if my food was ok and if they could get me anything else. I spoke to Aaron (Female, who I think is one of the Managers) as I had a nut allergy and she told the chef and took great care with my food to ensure it was safe for me to eat.

I ordered the Rodeo Steak Burger and it was lovely, perfectly cooked “well done” but not burnt as you often find in restaurants.

I will definitely return here when I come up to the North to visit friends again.

Reviewed 10 February 2018 via mobile

I turned up with my family after making a booking only to find no body had made a not of it. Once finally seated we ordered our food and drinks. My son received a refillable glass however when he went to fill up he found they were out of a high majority of drinks! Then after about 10 minutes of waiting for our food to arrive a waitress came and told us the kitchen had run out of most of the dishes we had ordered! I re-ordered the chicken which, when finally arrived, dry and full of gristle. Terrible experience.