US$107
  • Restaurant
Hotel Am Schloss Ahrensburg(Ahrensburg)(Great Value!)
US$106
US$100
US$98
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
All reviewstown centreunderground parkingnice hotelcastletowelsthermosmattressesfacilities
Reviewed 16 April 2015

Business trip to Hamburg for a couple of days where this hotel was booked on my behalf.
Pleasantly surprised with the facilities, location, room, service and food.

Room was on the small side but was only really sleeping there and a little work utilising the wifi which was a little variable in strength, possibly because the hotel was very busy.
Location is okay within reasonable distance from the train station with access to Hamburg. About half an hour from the airport.

Restaurant food was very good as was the service.
The biggest downside was that I have stayed in equivalent hotels which are cheaper, but it does tick all the boxes for a comfortable stay while on business but I wouldn't use for a vacation stop.

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled on business
parkhotel_aburg, Leiter Front Office at Park Hotel Ahrensburg, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2015

Dear Hotel Guest, many thanks for the time you have taken to value our hotel.
Thank you very much for the nice words about our location, service and restaurant. We are happy to hear, that you had a pleasant stay at our hotel. Your Park Hotel Ahrensburg

Reviewed 13 March 2015

I stayed here several times the last years, and quality is still the same. I would say an average 3+ stars would be ok. The rooms are nice and spacious, but need some redecoration, as does the whole hotel. The staff is ok, but I miss the enthousiasm and energy one would expect from them. The breakfast is a nice buffet, and I was never was bored of what they offer.
In the restaurant, Le Marron, they serve excellent food, a small choice of salads, soups, fish and meat, and the offer is rather classic. Do not expect anything fancy or new.
This hotel also offers free inside parking, very nice especially when its freezing in wintertime.
To conclude: regardless of the small issues, one of the better hotels around Ahrensburg, to recommend.

Stayed: March 2015, travelled on business
parkhotel_aburg, Manager at Park Hotel Ahrensburg, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2015

Dear hotel guest, many thanks for the time you have taken to value our hotel. Many thanks for the positive words about our hotel, parking and our restaurant. Thank you also for your critical points. We will work at all these points during our next Meetings. Since we are in the whole hotel's closest future plan to renovate, your disputed points about the need of renovation furniture be resolved to your satisfaction. For your originated trouble we would like to apologize. Your Park Hotel Ahrensburg.

Reviewed 14 September 2014

I landed here more or less accidentally, as the city of Hamburg either full or tremendously expensive due to 2 major events. The room rate was fair, the hotel itself is very clean and the staff was very friendly. The castle of Ahrensburg is just across the street. The hotel itself is not really modern, but very well kept. Bed was fine, I had to leave before breakfast, so I cannot comment on that. All in all a very pleasant stay worth the money.

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled on business
parkhotel_aburg, Manager at Park Hotel Ahrensburg, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2014

Dear hotel guest, thank you so much for this great commentary about our hotel. We would be happy to welcome you back soon! With kind regards, Your Park Hotel Ahrensburg Team

Reviewed 13 September 2014

This hotel is terribly overpriced - €165 / night EXCLUDING breakfast is a joke. Bathroom smelled of mold, room dark and dated, staff grumpy. The hotel is in a suburb of hotel and complicated to reach with public transport. Definitely not a 4 star hotel!

• Stayed: September 2014

Dear hotel guest, many thanks for the time you have taken to value our hotel. Many thanks for the critial words about our 4 Star service, because they help us to improve the Service and help that our Guests feel comfortable in our house. Our entire staff is to be formed to make your stay so pleasantly as possible. We will work at all these points during our next Meetings. For the near future is a extensive renovation planned. For your originated trouble we would like to apologise . Your Park Hotel Ahrensburg Team

Reviewed 16 August 2014

This is your average 3 star hotel that is advertised as a 4 star "superior" and thus the poor rating. The first impression when entering the lobby is that of an old hotel, that has not had any input from an interior designer. There is a mix and match of furniture, windows displays, advertisement, etc. Nothing pleasing to the eye. Check-in was efficient, but the receptionist was the only staff available at the lobby, so had to take my three suitcases to my room by myself. I guess staffing levels in Germany are irrelevant when it comes to official hotel star classification. Room key is antiquated and it was difficult to get the door open. The room itself was small without blackout curtains. The towels in the bathrooms were old and worn, and to use the shower one had to read the instructions next to the faucet to get it to work- fascinating! In the morning there was a constant noise coming from the bathroom- make sure you close the door before going to bed. No air conditioning available, although that is something I would have expected from a 4 star superior hotel, although most Germans would tell you that because it is hot only a short period of time during the year, this is not necessary. I was there in August and it was hot. The room was constantly warm to hot and to sleep one had to open the windows which was an issue one of the nights as the hotel was having a function with loud music. The biggest issue in the room is the bed mattress. It is a cheap, thin mattress which destroys your back. The management/owning company has obviously saved money when purchasing the cheapest and most uncomfortable mattress I have ever come across and every morning she I woke up I had a severe backache- for that reason alone I would never stay here again.
Breakfast was average at best. Your incomplete buffet with breads, ham, cheese, eggs, sausages with pre made coffee on your table. The interaction with the staff was only to provide your room number when entering and that was it.
Would I return? NO, even if offered complimentary accommodations. The mattress does not support your back and the back pain after a night sleep was too much to handle.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank CCS294229
parkhotel_aburg, Manager at Park Hotel Ahrensburg, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2014

Dear hotel guest, many thanks for the time you have taken to value our hotel. Many thanks for the critial words about our Location, the mattress and our Breaakfast, because they help us to improve the Service and help that our Guests feel comfortable in our house. Our entire staff is to be formed to make your stay so pleasantly as possible. We will work at all these points during our next Meetings. For the near future is a extensive renovation planned. For your originated trouble we would like to apologise . Your Park Hotel Ahrensburg Team