“Excellent dinner in Westerland”
Review of Jorg Muller

Jorg Muller
Ranked #14 of 96 Restaurants in Westerland
Cuisines: French, German
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 3 November 2017

Within walking distance of our hotel, we had a very fine dinner in Jorg Muller. Atmosphere is a bit classical for this type of restaurant but food is first rate. We had the sole fillets and the plaice with bacon, both perfectly cooked and delicious.
We finished with "Topfenknödel" that is so typical that we have not even been able to translate it. Just try it!

Reviewed 25 August 2017 via mobile

What a pleasant surprise indeed. This wee gem of a restaurant (which used to have one Michelin star) was recommended by the hotel I stayed in. Lovely and personal welcome. Old fashioned dining area but the food was delicious. I had a fantastic beef carpaccio followed by some lovely Dover sole. For desert I was served black forrest gateau in a glass. Yum. Accompanied by friendly and attentive waiting staff I had no regrets whatsoever. I can recommend this restaurant and next time I will book it again. Bravo!

Reviewed 6 January 2017

We were really excited about coming because our relatives always pay them a visit and are more than convinced its the best place around.
As a starter my boyfriend and I both had the Gänselebergugelhupf and were both disappointed. Perhaps I can't appreciate it but I wouldn't order it again. For a main I had fish and lobster (Steinbutt?) with wild rice which was really nice- but don't know if i would order it again either. For dessert I had the champagne-soup which I wasn't too fond of either; i like champagne but this was quite sour.
Its also a bummer that they brought my boyfriend the wrong beverage in the beginning- really not something you take lightly considering the money you are paying although the waiters handling it quite well. Bummer still though.

Reviewed 17 October 2015

A quaint but luxurious restaurant with bar, we enjoyed delicious food, wine and great service. Not cheap but worth a visit.

Reviewed 8 September 2013

Sylt is a barren, windswept corner of Germany. Featureless, bleak, cold and rainy only two words are needed to explain why it’s worth a visit: Jorg Muller

Herr Muller is a one-man Teutonic equivalent of the Roux Brothers having trained a whole generation of German über-chefs. He is revered by the average ‘Mann-auf-der-Strasse’ as the finest chef in Germany and now runs his superb, eponymous restaurant in Tinnum, the largest town on Sylt. It’s not exactly a bargain and sort-of follows the rule-of-thumb of £100 per Michelin Star per head in that it has one star, is priced at two but is three star food no question.

There are three set menus with one of them being a sort of ‘Jorg’s Greatest Hits’ and what a back catalogue he has. Every luxury ingredient you can think is plundered. The preparation, presentation and flavouring is meticulous. English is not widely spoken here (they have trouble making us out from Danes apparently) so the best we could work out from the man himself,
charming wife and excellent staff is this restaurant is really just to keep his hand in as he has nothing left to prove. As we left, he was jovially quaffing back red with some regulars on the terrace, enjoying his acclaim and very much the man in form.

1  Thank DTT1963