All reviews modern conveniences beautiful boutique hotel street noise dinner reservations excellent hotel old city front desk train station regis francesco wifi property rome town umbria
Reviewed 25 September 2018 via mobile

We would never have known about this magnificent boutique hotel if there was no such thing as TripAdvisor. With only 11 rooms how could people in Sydney learn about this wonderful place. Beautifully converted from a small palace we knew we’d love it here by the very warm greetings from Maria Elena at reception. Our room though small is beautifully appointed with ultra modern light and power controls The bathroom is excellently fitted out with a great walk-in shower. Overhead and side spouts as you want. A very generous range of toiletries and amenities of high quality. Breakfast this morning was served in a lovely room. Continental style with a very large range of savoury and sweet options. Including so many cake types. All delicious. Free parking securely on the grounds This hotel is marvellous

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 September 2018

This hotel looks as good in real life as it does in the pictures. It is luxurious but at a very reasonable price. It's three minutes walk from Foligno station, so is a good place to start or finish your Umbrian holiday. There is a wide range of rooms available - consider paying a bit more for one of the larger more luxurious rooms. It has free safe parking in the rear courtyard of the hotel.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

I hate to give this review cause I really enjoyed my stay up to the morning I had to leave. The hotel is beautiful with great amenities. And I hate to give bad reviews, but I cannot help but to write this one. Unfortunately my departure was a terrible experience. This will be a long review because I want to write the details what happened.

My wife & I wake up at 4:30 am to catch our 5:45am train. It was super early, we were both exhausted with only 3 hours of sleep. I come to the night clerk at the front desk and ask him to call a cab.

Clerk - “why do you need a cab?”
Me - “I don’t have much time and I’m tired.”
Clerk - “where are you going?”
Me - “train station.”
Clerk - “you don’t need a cab, you can walk. It’s 5-10 mins.”
Me - “I have a lot of luggage and my wife and I are tired. Please call us a taxi.”
Clerk - “I don’t have the number.”
Me - “yes you do cause the front desk lady told me you can get a cab anytime and you have the number.”
Clerk - “it’s 5:00 am. Nobody is working.”
Me - “please call us a taxi and find out.”
Clerk - “€15 and 20 mins.”
Me - “thank you.”

15 mins pass as I walk back in my room talking to my wife and we are ready.

Me - “can you please call and find out where the taxi is? We are in a hurry now.”
Clerk - “ well it’s been 15 mins, the taxi told me 20 mins so in 5 mins he will be here.”

I get really pissed off at this point!

Me - “listen, I’m not in a motel 6 where you think you can talk back to me, I am your guest here in a Relais, pick up the f*+king phone and find out where the taxi is and I don’t have time for your f*#king attitude with me and I shouldn’t have to explain myself to you why I need a taxi!!”

So the taxi comes literally in 20 seconds & he doesn’t even help me and my wife bring down our luggage and stands by the window at the door and watches us leave the hotel. That’s my last unfortunate experience at this beautiful hotel from that guy.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank chefbrik31
valeria r, Direttore at Relais Metelli, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2018

Dear ChefBrik,

thanks for your review.

Given that the dialogue you reported is not totally faithful to the reality of things and given that we are talking about a HOTEL LOCATED ONLY 90 METRES from the train station, if you had planned to take a taxi at 5 in the morning to go to the station, it would have been preferable to book it at the reception, at least the day before.
A small town like Foligno does not have a taxi service that covers all 24 working hours, as it happens in large cities.

However, we apologize for the inconvenience, but we believe that it was an exaggeration, on his part, to have reported some inconvenient and unpleasant statements, very far from the realty of the events, in view of the positive and excellent service provided, as usual, by our team.

In our opinion this review is extremely offensive. We provide every day, 24 hour, all the help to our guest in any circumstancies and these outrageous words, ruin our work, our image and our professionality.

Best regards

Valeria Roani

Direzione

Reviewed 15 June 2018

We stayed here for our honeymoon and could not have been happier. Rose petals on the bed, complimentary prosecco, a stellar private balcony, it really had it all. We also got some of the best rest on our trip with the beds, AC, and powered blinds.

Valeria was especially warm and friendly. She recommended some places in Foligno (which was wonderful in its own right) and made us feel incredibly welcome. Breakfast was great and the weekend aperatif's in the yard should not be missed. Can not recommend this place more!

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 April 2018

What a find...beautiful Liberty style home converted into a chic and elegant hotel that is a two minute stroll from the train station. The hotel is the perfect blend of old world charm and modern amenities. OUr spacious room was done in soft neutral tones. The bed was large and comfortable. The modern lighting system, once conquered, was great. You could turn-on the bathroom light from the bed-great for night time trips.The bath towels were lovely and thick as was the comfy robe. The staff was as gracious and helpful as the building was elegant.,arranging taxis for us and making dinner reservations. Breakfast was delicious with lots of choices.It was the perfect base to explore Umbria. I didn't want to leave.

One note: if you like to sleep with the windows open you might ask for a room that doesn't face the street. The traffic dies down by eleven or so, but if you are sensitive to street noise, it could bother you. With the windows closed you won't hear a thing.

Oh, and I enjoyed Foligno itself. If you can, visit the Abbey on the outskirts of the city.

Room Tip: ask for a room that doesn't face the street if you are sensitive to traffic sounds
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple