“Good tapas but have had better”
Review of La Cacharreria

La Cacharreria
Ranked #14 of 268 Restaurants in Caceres
Price range: US$5 - US$6
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 8 October 2016 via mobile

We enjoyed the food especially the ajo blanco soup and the steak in casar, but overall it was not as good as other places we have eaten in in Spain. The waitress was excellent, but then we had to wait 30 minutes for our bill. Eventually we went to the bar and stood there until we could pay.

Reviewed 11 September 2016

I read about this place in a March 2015 article in "The Guardian" and it gave a raving review. So raving, we went and we had a great experience and the tapas was "wow" with flair and originality. We were in Spain 2 weeks, and this was the very best we had. My husband I shared 4 tapas (much larger than most places) and 1 dessert tapas and a bottle of wine (of course). Be sure to get the Secreto iberico con praline de pimenton. Another one we had was a specialty of the day (but should definitely be on the menu) was a Spanish gazpacho (different from the type in the USA). I could have eaten three bowls! Another one that I would also give 5 stars is Atun de Almadraba macerado en soja. Lunch ends at 4:30 pm and dinner opens at 8:30 pm. It is located in the "old town" near the cathedral, Plaza de Santa Clara, and a 2-min walk from the Parador Caceres. As I recall, they do not accept reservations. It's a small place, so go early.

1  Thank jm5445
Reviewed 15 August 2016

Very cool little restaurant serving inventive and tasty tapas at reasonable prices. Good fun, would recommend a visit.

Reviewed 9 August 2016 via mobile

Lovely restaurant situated within the amazing old town of Caceres. Internet suggested we would have to queue but not the case. However not ideal for very large parties; encountered several of these who had been turned away. The service was good, and the dishes were well presented and delicious. I would recommend ordering at least 2 per person as they aren't huge, but they are only €4.50 a pop so shouldn't be a problem. In conclusion would thoroughly recommend.

Reviewed 24 July 2016 via mobile

The food in this place is excellent...interesting recipes with an Arabic/Asian influence, gourmet presentation and not too badly priced. But a real pity that after all that we came away with a bad overall experience. I don't normally put too much weight on customer service, but in this case the staff couldn't have done a better job in alienating us. They made us and other clients wait a long time for a table despite the fact that there were several spare. Then they took a LONG time to take our order, even though the kitchen was about to close, and when we tried to place it they refused, insisting on following a strict order. They have an inflated opinion of themselves and take all the time in the world, with no consideration to their customers. On top of all that I received probably the smallest glass of beer I've had ever ...probably about 75ml max. A really awful experience.