“A lovely experience”

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 30 October 2016 via mobile

Definitely one of the best tapas' restaurants I've ever visited. Lovely presentation, nice atmosphere and tasty food. I will certainly go back whenever in Caceres.

Reviewed 22 October 2016

Great food. Reasonable price. Good cheerful service. Advise you get here early as it is very popular and fills quickly. Furnishings are simple with high stools at tables so not suitable if sitting without a back or climbing on is a problem. We were very comfortable.

Reviewed 8 October 2016 via mobile

We enjoyed the food especially the ajo blanco soup and the steak in casar, but overall it was not as good as other places we have eaten in in Spain. The waitress was excellent, but then we had to wait 30 minutes for our bill. Eventually we went to the bar and stood there until we could pay.

Reviewed 11 September 2016

I read about this place in a March 2015 article in "The Guardian" and it gave a raving review. So raving, we went and we had a great experience and the tapas was "wow" with flair and originality. We were in Spain 2 weeks, and this was the very best we had. My husband I shared 4 tapas (much larger than most places) and 1 dessert tapas and a bottle of wine (of course). Be sure to get the Secreto iberico con praline de pimenton. Another one we had was a specialty of the day (but should definitely be on the menu) was a Spanish gazpacho (different from the type in the USA). I could have eaten three bowls! Another one that I would also give 5 stars is Atun de Almadraba macerado en soja. Lunch ends at 4:30 pm and dinner opens at 8:30 pm. It is located in the "old town" near the cathedral, Plaza de Santa Clara, and a 2-min walk from the Parador Caceres. As I recall, they do not accept reservations. It's a small place, so go early.

1  Thank jm5445
Reviewed 15 August 2016

Very cool little restaurant serving inventive and tasty tapas at reasonable prices. Good fun, would recommend a visit.