After visiting Greece for many years, all hotels have been excellent, but the single, outstanding factor has always been the friendliness of the people, and Atrium Palace is no exception.
Situated over a delightfully landscaped site, boasting several swimming pools and bars, there is never a problem finding the prefect place to locate for the day and just relax. The main pool bar doesn't even require you to leave the water to have a drink! The quieter pool, with the highly entertaining barman Vassilis, is the perfect place for that afternoon drink in the shade.
A short stroll to the beach will find a stunning bay, with views across to the distant mountains, and clear, blue sea that must be impossible to beat anywhere in the Aegean. It is worth going just for this beach alone.
Although a fairly large hotel, it has an intimate and personal feel, without crowding. My visit was in early September, so it may well feel more crowded earlier in the season, but with temperatures in the mid-thirties everyday, it is the perfect time to stay. There are several room choices from the main block hotel room to garden and sea-view villas. I would recommend the villas as they have a quieter aspect, although nowhere in the hotel was noisy at night.
My villa was modern and clean and serviced everyday by excellent staff, who visited later in the afternoon to offer additional items, if required, such as towels and cosmetics.
The hotel is served by several restaurants, and the food is very good across the board. As a half-board guest, I generally had breakfast and dinner in the main restaurant, the Symposium, and the quality and choice of the food was outstanding. One of the best hotel restaurants in Greece in which I have ever eaten. The enjoyment was enhanced by the lovely waitress, Paris, for whom nothing was too much trouble and her care and friendliness made each visit to the restaurant a delight. The only downside to the restaurants was that the house wines weren't that good, but the team in the main bar, Il Cavaliere, made some pretty excellent negroni and martini cocktails.
I will definitely be returning to this hotel and hope that it continues to employ the same local staff who contribute so much to the guests' enjoyment of their holidays.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The quality renowned, Atrium Palace Thalasso Spa Resort & Villas is the ideal destination for marvelous vacations and relaxing holidays. This architecturally innovative hotel combines luxury with its delightful blend of Greek Classical styles and ambiance meters from the crystal clear beach. The hotel is situated in the tranquil bay of Kalathos, close to the picturesque village of Lindos, on the Southeast area of Rhodes Island. Its unique beauties of nature and cultural heritage characterize it as the most intriguing region of the island. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Atrium Palace Thalasso Spa Resort & Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Atrium Palace Thalasso Spa Resort And Villas
- Atrium Palace Thalasso Spa Resort & Villas Hotel Lindos
- Atrium Palace Thalasso Hotel
- Atrium Palace Thalasso Resort
- Atrium Palace Rhodes
- Atrium Palace Thalasso Spa Resort & Villas Lindos, Rhodes, Greece