“Great don't believe the negative reviews”
Review of Lindos Royal Hotel

Lindos Royal Hotel
Ranked #17 of 30 Hotels in Lindos
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 12 September 2017

Lovely room 2 adults and 2 children, fantastic pools , plenty to choose from. Beautiful view from our room of the bay. Wonderful to wake up to and pretty at night with the lights. It has its own cove for snorkeling. Fantastic! Saw lots of fish. Very clean. Food was amazing. Staff were very helpful. You need to use the bus/hire car or taxi as it only has one local shop up the road. If I had to pick fault it would be the entertainment is in Italian and the Germans are rude and push in the restaurant but hey what's new! Had a great time and would go back again.

Room Tip: Overlooking the bay awesome
1  Thank claire p

Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

After reading the reviews on here we were quite apprehensive about this hotel - we really shouldn't have worried!!

We are a family of 5, children are 21, 19 and 11. We arrived to a lovely friendly welcome and shown to our two rooms - the oldest kids had a room which overlooked the beach and sea which was stunning our room was the other side of the hotel and we could see the sea but it was to the right, certainly wasn't an unpleasant view and the balcony was much bigger, both rooms were classed as garden rooms and although quite dated were clean, the only problem was the beds were two singles pushed together and the bottom sheet didn't fit very well so as soon as anyone moved it meant to ended up sleeping on the mattress (which smelt a bit - probably from everyone having the same problem), I sprayed the mattress every night with perfume which took the smell away. Probably worthwhile for the hotel to invest in mattress protectors that can be washed with sheets.

The food is, as everyone says, fabulous, fresh and very varied, we were there a week and certainly didn't get bored of the food - with 3 children with very different tastes and degrees of fussiness there was something for all of us with salad bars, breads, buffet cart, fresh cooked pastas and pizzas, fresh fruit, cakes and puds and a specials food station. Again a suggestion for the hotel is at Breakfast maybe invest in another panini press as the queues every morning were quite long.

The pools were never busy and most people moved around so you didn't feel on top of each other so it wasn't the same people in the same place - if you get what I mean. Again a suggestion for the hotel is to fix the tiles in the slides pool, I took the skin off my toes coming down one of the slides. The smell as people say is really not that bad at all and the staff work hard to keep the place clean and tidy - on a couple of occasions s they brought fresh melon and cakes round for everyone - a lovely touch!!!

The beach is just a short walk downhill is pebbles and I'd say take water shoes and a snorkel, lovely clear waters, you can hire jet skis and pedalos, we hired one with a slide €20 for an hour.

Lindos is a must see, beautiful Greek village where you can get souvenirs.

The entertainment is exactly as has been mentioned and was ok we enjoyed the rock night and my daughter enjoyed the karaoke.

I think when people are mentioning the Italians are treated different is that they have reps there who organise their entertainment etc it's probably like going to a Thomsons hotel for us but we were certainly not treated any different at all.

We had a lovely family holiday and met some lovely people take a snorkel, take some cards and enjoy the food, the surroundings and have a fabulous holiday - we did!!!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Sharon D
Reviewed 6 September 2017

On arriving at the hotel (on 9th August 2017) we were greeted at reception, given our room key, information leaflets such as the bus timetables (came in very handy), then directed to the al a carte bar. Here we were given sandwiches and fruit for a snack. The all inclusive was over as it was gone 11pm so I decided to purchase a bottle of beer and enjoyed in the outdoor seating area. This bar is never part of the all inclusive deal which I did not find a problem. after our food we went to be taken to our room.
Our room was amazing (room 4202) very modern, clean, flat screen TV, not great choice of channels but we didn't spend much time in room anyway. the balcony was huge with two chairs and a table. our sea view couldn't have been better, my daughter and I couldn't believe our luck. our room was thoroughly cleaned daily, fresh towels and even balcony area was mopped.
The food was of excellent quality, on previous all inclusive holidays I have just about found the food bearable as I am very fussy with the quality of what I eat. pizza and pasta dishes were cooked fresh at the side of the restaurant, along with a station preparing signally plated starters. this was the side that suited us perfectly as is our favourite type of food, with different pasta dishes daily did not get bored. However there other side of the restaurant had meats or fish being cooked fresh and vegetables being grilled so had something for everyone, I did eat this side on 2 occasions just to try something different and it was very enjoyable. I also tried a few dishes on the buffet style area and enjoyed meals from this area also. The vegetables and meats in gravy style dishes I tried were all enjoyable. drinks in the restaurant are ordered with the waiting staff and brought to the table. I mostly had beer or orange juice and enjoyed these.
Between meals snacks were also served at the pool bar which included chips, kababs and hot dogs. cant comment on these meals as I was always full enough from dinner so never tried these. the drinks searved throughout the day were lovely, didn't realise until day before last that they were serving pepsi and not cheap cola so I had stuck to juice and grenita most of the week. still missing the strawberry grenita, much better than the slush drinks they sell here in the UK.
I enjoyed the cocktails at night, however they were oftern big too strong for me so ordered an orange juice to top up the cocktail with and that solved that problem. there were a few areas which people went at night in the hotel, there was quiet music playingat the pool bar, there was entertainment in Italian I believe above the meze restaurant, and there was entertainment mostly in English a few night at the calypso bar where we sat most nights. Do not understand many of the comments I have read from British saying they felt isolated, lonvely or in one review I read they even said scared. This was NOT the case for us. everyone was very friendly regaurdless of nationality, staff and other holiday makers alike. I felt 100% safe and relaxed at all times and I went as a single female parent with 1 child. I also overheard many british people while staying there.
The pool areas were great, as my daughter couldn't swim I could not leave her go in the pool away from me in most of the areas, so we spent a lot of time in the shallow river like pool areas where we oth enjoyed relaxing on our floats. I later found that the pools by the slides were the perfect depth for her so we spent a lot of time here. there were 6 slides that wre open for most part of the day and had lifegurds supervising.
The last night felt extra special for us, not sure if this was a weekly thing or if the was some kind of celebration going on, the food was esspecialy extravagant with smoked salmon staters, fresh muscles and fresh shrip being cooked, I had a varity of pastas as my mail meal and the smoked salmon starter was lovley. They had a greek band by the bar in the night who sung mosty in English, rock classics. this was the best entertainment of the week for us. on returning to our room after the band and all inclusive was over we were surprised when a fireworks display began right by our room by the sea. we stood at the balcony enjoying the display and felt this was the perfect end to the perfect holiday.
should also note the bus stop by the hotel has regular buses into lindos costing 1.80 an adult. the bus to Rhodes old town also stops along faliraki and kalithea. so many easily accessable day trips with more freedom than booking excersions. I also found that 1 bus a day went to prasinissi from linods, we caught a bus into Lindos then the bus left for prasonissi at half 10, we arrived at 12 and our bus back left prassonisi at 4pm. we didn't need to switch buses back as this stop was going all the way to Rodos to stopped on the main road by hotel.
After checking out of our room on last day we had over 6 hours until our transfer, The all inclusive was still available, there was a bagasse room to leave our cases, and we booked a slot top have a shower. they just give you a room key to a free room. I did feel if we were given this room for the duration of our holiday we would not have had such a good experience, although this may have been a cheaper room since there wasn't even a balcony.
Am hoping to return to this hotel in the future. Great hotel in great location. The pebbly beach of Vlycha is beautiful, and I felt it is a beautiful quiet area from where you can easily acess other locations. Oftern had a morning stoll along the quiet road along the beach to enjoy the view and head to the supermarket that was quite cheap, we found there was a pregnant donkey in a field so my daughter had to visit her daily.

Room Tip: sea view, balcony
4  Thank Hannah D
Reviewed 5 September 2017

Got back Sunday 3rd of September, had a fantastic time at this hotel. Family rooms have a beautiful view of the sea and beach, watching sunrise. Loved the beach 2 minutes away, food was good, decent amount to choose from, plenty of tables. Lindos main town is 5 minutes taxi ride over the hill, which cost 12 euros from hotel, then 9 euros home, stunning area. Rooms clean, excellent maid service and bar staff nice and friendly. beach is pebbles but nice and relaxing, sunbeds 4 euros each for the day at the beach which is where we spent a few days, sea clean. Nice bar on the beach and lots of fun water sports at the bar, they also do yoga and other activitites such as water aerobics down at the beach.

Room Tip: choose a sea view
1  Thank linda t
Reviewed 2 September 2017

After reading some of the bad reviews before our departure we were concerned and not expecting much.

However this immediately changed as we arrived to a beautiful clean room with a sea view (room 6203), with a very large balcony right on the sea, a large comfortable bed, spotless and modern bathroom, good air conditioner and a new TV. It was certainly 5 star.

We arrived at 2am and were given sandwiches and an apple at reception - they didn't have to do this and we thought it was a nice touch. Why people moan about this I have no idea. Thank you to Ervin for taking our bags and walking us to our room.

Vylcha beach is right on the doorstep and has a water sports company onsite where you can rent jet skis and go parasailing. There is also a great snorkelling spot which we made the most of and is able to access via the hotel.

The food is fantastic, and the staff work very hard and are always smiley. The same goes for the staff at the pool bar who work long hours but are always polite - the pool bar also serves lunchtime snacks at 12 and the gyros are lovely!

There is a very small smell of drains at the Calypso Bar but it really isn't that bad - people need to chill out a bit.

We would like make a particular mention and send thanks to George and Arastios (sp?) at the Pool Bar, and Christina, Dona and Isabella at the restaurant who were very polite and helpful whilst being clearly very busy.

We also recommend booking in at "Meze" restaurant on site - delicious food.

The only major improvement we could think of is the entertainment at night - it would be good to have something every evening. There are no bars around the hotel so the more the merrier.

Overall this is fantastic getaway and we found all staff to be friendly and had no problems. We couldn't figure out the bad reviews however until we used our shower room (given to us due to our late flight) - this room was dreadful and I can imagine people not to be happy.

I 100% recommend you book a room with a sea view and pay the extra as it appears it depends where you are located in the hotel - ask to be in one of the four blocks on the sea front.

We really enjoyed our stay and would certainly book again - thank you very much Lindos Royal.

Room Tip: Room 6203. Book one of the four blocks on the sea front or quote this room number.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple