“Fab holiday, ignore the negative reviews”
Review of Lindos Royal Hotel

Lindos Royal Hotel
Ranked #17 of 30 Hotels in Lindos
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 13 September 2017

Absolutely loved this holiday and I genuinely cant think of many negatives. travelled with my boyfriend and went for 7 nights 3rd-10th sept.

I must admit I was quite apprehensive of where I had booked as the reviews weren't filling me with much hope but all my worries were put to bed when we arrived at the hotel late Sunday evening. We were greeted by lovely staff and as it was late we were also given some sandwiches and some fruit whilst we were being checked in ( some people had complained about this in other reviews but come on! a little ungrateful as they didn't need to do this...certainly haven't anywhere else I've been)

Rooms- loved our room. went for a standard garden view. it was huge and had a good sized balcony. room was spotless and so was the bathroom. room was cleaned every day and towels also changed. only little niggle was that the bed was a teeny bit uncomfortable but apart from that it was great.

Food- amazing!!! seriously it was brill with fresh pasta, pizza being made infront of you most nights. Also had themed nights during week. My boyfriend even had fresh sushi on one of the nights! the chefs really are good at what they do there. I can be quite fussy when it comes to food and even I didn't struggle finding something to eat every night.

They have an Italian and Mezze restaurant on the resort, you have to book a table atleast 24 hours before. We chose the Mezze and it was superb. The food was brilliant. The meal is part of your all inclusive and all you have to pay for are your drinks. We had a lovely meal on our last night and recommend you book this as its not to miss!!

Pools- again very clean and plenty of sunbeds. Don't have to be up super early but if you get there around 8.30am you shouldn't have a problem finding one. yes there was a slight sewage like smell near one of the bars for the all inclusive but it really wasn't as bad as some people have mentioned.

We spent most days around the pool but also went to the beach just a few steps away from the resort. it is a pebble beach but still beautiful to walk along and to go for a swim.

Staff- lovely!! most went out of their way to assist you. The restaurant staff couldn't do enough and always greeted us with a smile. Victoria is definitely worth a mention, she is a credit to your hotel!!

entertainment- we didn't really bother with this so cant really comment. most nights we ordered a few drinks (paid for) at the bar near the reception. lovely seating outside so enjoyed spending a few nights here.

Something worth mentioning.. if you have a late transfer time and you checkout at the usual time which is 12pm then you can speak to reception a couple of days before and they will book you into a spare room for half hour. this is so you can have a shower and freshen up..... definitely not had this service before!! was brill.

overall me and my boyfriend had such a lovely week here. I honestly am very picky when it comes to booking all inclusive holidays but this was by far the best I've been too. so much so that we will be booking a week here again next year.

ignore the negative reviews- I do think people will find anything to complain about! if you're thinking of booking go ahead and look forward to your break away. i miss it already

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank KAT2734

Reviewed 13 September 2017

Review collected in partnership with Jet2holidays
Reviewed 12 September 2017

Lovely room 2 adults and 2 children, fantastic pools , plenty to choose from. Beautiful view from our room of the bay. Wonderful to wake up to and pretty at night with the lights. It has its own cove for snorkeling. Fantastic! Saw lots of fish. Very clean. Food was amazing. Staff were very helpful. You need to use the bus/hire car or taxi as it only has one local shop up the road. If I had to pick fault it would be the entertainment is in Italian and the Germans are rude and push in the restaurant but hey what's new! Had a great time and would go back again.

Room Tip: Overlooking the bay awesome
1  Thank claire p
Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

After reading the reviews on here we were quite apprehensive about this hotel - we really shouldn't have worried!!

We are a family of 5, children are 21, 19 and 11. We arrived to a lovely friendly welcome and shown to our two rooms - the oldest kids had a room which overlooked the beach and sea which was stunning our room was the other side of the hotel and we could see the sea but it was to the right, certainly wasn't an unpleasant view and the balcony was much bigger, both rooms were classed as garden rooms and although quite dated were clean, the only problem was the beds were two singles pushed together and the bottom sheet didn't fit very well so as soon as anyone moved it meant to ended up sleeping on the mattress (which smelt a bit - probably from everyone having the same problem), I sprayed the mattress every night with perfume which took the smell away. Probably worthwhile for the hotel to invest in mattress protectors that can be washed with sheets.

The food is, as everyone says, fabulous, fresh and very varied, we were there a week and certainly didn't get bored of the food - with 3 children with very different tastes and degrees of fussiness there was something for all of us with salad bars, breads, buffet cart, fresh cooked pastas and pizzas, fresh fruit, cakes and puds and a specials food station. Again a suggestion for the hotel is at Breakfast maybe invest in another panini press as the queues every morning were quite long.

The pools were never busy and most people moved around so you didn't feel on top of each other so it wasn't the same people in the same place - if you get what I mean. Again a suggestion for the hotel is to fix the tiles in the slides pool, I took the skin off my toes coming down one of the slides. The smell as people say is really not that bad at all and the staff work hard to keep the place clean and tidy - on a couple of occasions s they brought fresh melon and cakes round for everyone - a lovely touch!!!

The beach is just a short walk downhill is pebbles and I'd say take water shoes and a snorkel, lovely clear waters, you can hire jet skis and pedalos, we hired one with a slide €20 for an hour.

Lindos is a must see, beautiful Greek village where you can get souvenirs.

The entertainment is exactly as has been mentioned and was ok we enjoyed the rock night and my daughter enjoyed the karaoke.

I think when people are mentioning the Italians are treated different is that they have reps there who organise their entertainment etc it's probably like going to a Thomsons hotel for us but we were certainly not treated any different at all.

We had a lovely family holiday and met some lovely people take a snorkel, take some cards and enjoy the food, the surroundings and have a fabulous holiday - we did!!!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Sharon D
Reviewed 6 September 2017

On arriving at the hotel (on 9th August 2017) we were greeted at reception, given our room key, information leaflets such as the bus timetables (came in very handy), then directed to the al a carte bar. Here we were given sandwiches and fruit for a snack. The all inclusive was over as it was gone 11pm so I decided to purchase a bottle of beer and enjoyed in the outdoor seating area. This bar is never part of the all inclusive deal which I did not find a problem. after our food we went to be taken to our room.
Our room was amazing (room 4202) very modern, clean, flat screen TV, not great choice of channels but we didn't spend much time in room anyway. the balcony was huge with two chairs and a table. our sea view couldn't have been better, my daughter and I couldn't believe our luck. our room was thoroughly cleaned daily, fresh towels and even balcony area was mopped.
The food was of excellent quality, on previous all inclusive holidays I have just about found the food bearable as I am very fussy with the quality of what I eat. pizza and pasta dishes were cooked fresh at the side of the restaurant, along with a station preparing signally plated starters. this was the side that suited us perfectly as is our favourite type of food, with different pasta dishes daily did not get bored. However there other side of the restaurant had meats or fish being cooked fresh and vegetables being grilled so had something for everyone, I did eat this side on 2 occasions just to try something different and it was very enjoyable. I also tried a few dishes on the buffet style area and enjoyed meals from this area also. The vegetables and meats in gravy style dishes I tried were all enjoyable. drinks in the restaurant are ordered with the waiting staff and brought to the table. I mostly had beer or orange juice and enjoyed these.
Between meals snacks were also served at the pool bar which included chips, kababs and hot dogs. cant comment on these meals as I was always full enough from dinner so never tried these. the drinks searved throughout the day were lovely, didn't realise until day before last that they were serving pepsi and not cheap cola so I had stuck to juice and grenita most of the week. still missing the strawberry grenita, much better than the slush drinks they sell here in the UK.
I enjoyed the cocktails at night, however they were oftern big too strong for me so ordered an orange juice to top up the cocktail with and that solved that problem. there were a few areas which people went at night in the hotel, there was quiet music playingat the pool bar, there was entertainment in Italian I believe above the meze restaurant, and there was entertainment mostly in English a few night at the calypso bar where we sat most nights. Do not understand many of the comments I have read from British saying they felt isolated, lonvely or in one review I read they even said scared. This was NOT the case for us. everyone was very friendly regaurdless of nationality, staff and other holiday makers alike. I felt 100% safe and relaxed at all times and I went as a single female parent with 1 child. I also overheard many british people while staying there.
The pool areas were great, as my daughter couldn't swim I could not leave her go in the pool away from me in most of the areas, so we spent a lot of time in the shallow river like pool areas where we oth enjoyed relaxing on our floats. I later found that the pools by the slides were the perfect depth for her so we spent a lot of time here. there were 6 slides that wre open for most part of the day and had lifegurds supervising.
The last night felt extra special for us, not sure if this was a weekly thing or if the was some kind of celebration going on, the food was esspecialy extravagant with smoked salmon staters, fresh muscles and fresh shrip being cooked, I had a varity of pastas as my mail meal and the smoked salmon starter was lovley. They had a greek band by the bar in the night who sung mosty in English, rock classics. this was the best entertainment of the week for us. on returning to our room after the band and all inclusive was over we were surprised when a fireworks display began right by our room by the sea. we stood at the balcony enjoying the display and felt this was the perfect end to the perfect holiday.
should also note the bus stop by the hotel has regular buses into lindos costing 1.80 an adult. the bus to Rhodes old town also stops along faliraki and kalithea. so many easily accessable day trips with more freedom than booking excersions. I also found that 1 bus a day went to prasinissi from linods, we caught a bus into Lindos then the bus left for prasonissi at half 10, we arrived at 12 and our bus back left prassonisi at 4pm. we didn't need to switch buses back as this stop was going all the way to Rodos to stopped on the main road by hotel.
After checking out of our room on last day we had over 6 hours until our transfer, The all inclusive was still available, there was a bagasse room to leave our cases, and we booked a slot top have a shower. they just give you a room key to a free room. I did feel if we were given this room for the duration of our holiday we would not have had such a good experience, although this may have been a cheaper room since there wasn't even a balcony.
Am hoping to return to this hotel in the future. Great hotel in great location. The pebbly beach of Vlycha is beautiful, and I felt it is a beautiful quiet area from where you can easily acess other locations. Oftern had a morning stoll along the quiet road along the beach to enjoy the view and head to the supermarket that was quite cheap, we found there was a pregnant donkey in a field so my daughter had to visit her daily.

Room Tip: sea view, balcony
4  Thank Hannah D