All reviewsinfinity poolpool partywedding weekendbridal suitedifferent areasspend quality timetuscan hillsfairy lightsperfect locationfor instancemagical placeolive grovesthank you so muchother guestsluisaceremonyvenue
Reviewed 25 July 2015

I don't even know where to start......this might just be the best place in the world! We booked the entire estate for our wedding in July 2015. Nicoletta and her daughter Luisa made us feel like part of their family. The setting is idyllic overlooking the vineyards and olive orchards. Every single room is amazing and offers a piece of Tuscan heaven. The main pool is the perfect place to spend the day, have a BBQ and watch the sun set. The estate wine is amazing! The morning breakfast served in a renovated barn is fresh and delicious. It is 2 minutes from Monteriggioni, 20 minutes from Siena and 45 minutes from Florence which makes it the perfect home base for a Tuscan holiday. I can't say enough good things about Stomennano!

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank jan_inthedhabi
stomennano, Proprietario at Borgo Stomennano, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2015

Your review is very important for us
it has been such a pleasure to host your wedding party and your all family. I'm glad and proud to be part of your memories and I really hope you'll come soon back to celebrate one anniversary..

Reviewed 3 July 2015 via mobile

This place is just perfect! Located in the peaceful Tuscan countryside, this gorgeous villa is very closed to Siena and not fare away from Florence. The owners are very hospitable and they really make you feel at home. It is a very unique experience and I can't wait to come back in a near future!

Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
stomennano, Proprietario at Borgo Stomennano, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2015

Dear Elena
it has been a pleasure to host you and all your party. We love our home and we love to share it with our guests. Your words are our rewards. Thank you so much and I really hope to see you again at Stomennano in the next future.

Reviewed 30 June 2015

I have just returned from the most amazing weekend staying in Borgo Stomennano for a friends wedding and the post holiday blues doesn't even begin to describe it.

It was without doubt one of the most magical places I have ever had the pleasure of staying. We stayed with friends in the VOLTA 'Otto' which was a lovely spacious 4 bedroom apartment within the farmhouse with great proximity of the stunning pool area. The kitchen was a perfect size for a holiday vacation in Italy, especially as you will want to get out into the local villages to eat for most meals anyway. The bathrooms are very basic, but this is typical of most Italian villa accommodation I have stayed in.

The pool area is just stunning and I could have spent all day just lounging around with views over the Tuscan hills and the villa's vineyards (to which the wine is also very lovely). Just watch out for the bees (who are actually quite friendly)! The grounds and gardens are divine - have a look for the second 'secret pool'!

The onsite owners and proprietors are such lovely people who will make you feel at home. I think they might be the luckiest people in the world to call this beautiful villa home!

It was such an honor to be here to celebrate a friends wedding in such a memorable part of the world and in one of the most beautiful villas. Don't hesitate - book it now!

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled with friends

Dear Carmen
thank you so much for your kind words about our place. It is always a pleasure to host people who deeply understand our place and feel it as home. We work hard and we are so glad that you and most of our guests appreciated. thank you again so much and we are all looking forward to your return.

Reviewed 9 May 2015

During my week long visit to various places in charming Tuscany, the setting of Borgo Stommennano was by far the most beautiful. And Tuscany is a beautiful area!

It was like looking being in a painting you'd see in the National art gallery! It was very special waking up and from my bed seeing (I didn't close the rustic shutters) rolling Tuscan hills, vine planted hilltops, a sparkling blue infinity pool, beautifully kept gardens, all against huge blue skies.

The buildings inside and out were charming and each had their own character. They felt luxurious and stylish at the same time as being authentic, and homely.

I came here for a friend's wedding. We all had such a wonderful time and are looking for excuses to rebook. Family holidays, 40th birthdays, friend's of friends weddings - you name it. This is also a lovely place for kids. I'm sure my friend's kids will have fond memories of running around having a whale of a time.

If you wanted a bit of quiet time you could wander off to the beautifully kept grounds and enjoy the relaxing sound of fountains trickling away and see a medieval walled town in the distance.

Every detail was taken care of and appeared to effortlessly happen. Luisa was so lovely too. I feel like a very lucky lady to have enjoyed such a fabulous time in Borgo Stomennano. It really is a treasure.

Room Tip: They were all gorgeous.
Stayed: May 2015, travelled with friends
stomennano, Proprietario at Borgo Stomennano, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2015

Dear Kirsten
thank you so much for the nice words and description of our place. It has been a pleasure to host your friends wedding party and all of you were fantastic guests. I really hope you will have the opportunity to come again and share a glass of wine with us!
un grande abbraccio

Reviewed 7 December 2014

We first came to to Borgo Stomennano in July 2012 and stayed in the Villa. Such a beautiful home. Luisa and Nicoletta were so very gracious. We were had invited our mothers and our siblings and somehow we survived! The grounds are just gorgeous and the walk to Monteriggioni is absolutely worthwhile. Then in May of 2014 we stayed with 4 of our kids in Volta 8. Again the accommodations were perfect. We have taken many day trips that are an easy drive from Stomennano. We have gone to Santo Stefano, Isle Giglio, Pisa, Cinque Terre, San Gimignano, Siena and Florence. We flew into Rome the first time and Milan the second time. Both are an easy drive though Milan is a bit longer. We cannot wait to return.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank StoneHarbor1
stomennano, Owner at Borgo Stomennano, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2014

we are all working hard to get ready for your return!! un grande abbraccio to all your family