B+B Wickham(Wickham)
US$120
US$159
US$61
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$72/night.

Free cancellation until 03/08
Book now, pay at stay
US$104
US$77
US$69
US$70
PremierInn.com
TravelRest Solent Gateway(Fareham)(Great Value!)
US$68
US$66
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$74/night.

No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Pool
1,613 results
All reviewsthe main houseleisure facilitiesmanor housecoffee loungemotel stylejacuzzi and saunalovely groundscourse dinnerreception stafftennis courtswedding venuebar menubed and breakfastbuffet styleone night stayshort breakan overnight stay
Reviewed 7 August 2016

This is a very nice place to stay. Helpful and welcoming staff, comfortable rooms, and comprehensive facilities including a gym, sauna, jacuzzi and swimming pool. There is also a restaurant where I had a decent English breakfast and a first-rate evening meal.

The first thing one sees upon arrival is the splendid Lutyens house, but I stayed in one of the sympathetically designed chalet-style blocks nearby. The room was pleasant, quiet, and well-equipped, and I had a good nights sleep. There was a television which I did not attempt to use. All the usual facilities one would expect. For some reason, there was no coffee-only tea-provided in the room, fortunately I bring my own for just such eventualities.
There is a leisure centre available to guests - with sensible opening hours - which houses a gym, sauna, jacuzzi and a smallish swimming pool which was much appreciate. The restaurant was not cheap but it was very good - like the hotel itself, not a budget establishment exactly, but a class act.

Stayed: July 2016
mark s, General Manager at New Place Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2016

Dear Guest
Thank you very much for your lovely feedback.
We are pleased you enjoyed so many aspects of your stay with us at New Place. We shall share your comments with the team.
We hope to welcome you back again in the future.

Reviewed 7 August 2016 via mobile

Whilst the hotel itself is lovely as are the grounds, the service after is poor. I booked through hotels.com so I appreciate my invoice will come from them, however on checking out I was told the system was in the middle of a night audit so they couldn't produce me a bill for the room service I ordered but, would email this to me.

Having not received an email I chased to be told that I need to contact Hotels.com, I replied and said for the room that is fine, but I need a bill to claim my food expenses. A return email came back saying there was no record of food so they couldn't produce one! However my credit card has been charged for food!

I now no longer receive any responses by email! Poor show!!! I won't be returning and I've suggested to my company that we do not use De Vere venues again.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business
mark s, Guest Relations Manager at New Place Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2016

Dear Guest

I am currently looking into this for you and will ask my reception manager to contact you personally to resolve this issue.
My sincere apologies for this inconvenience and thank you very much for bringing it to our attention.
Maggie

Reviewed 4 August 2016 via mobile

Stayed here as I was in the area for work.
Lovely welcome. My room was quite small but very comfy. Walls are quite thin and when next door turned up and were very noisy I asked to change rooms. This was no bother, the staff were really helpful.
Gym was adequate and the pool was really nice.
Will definitely go again. The staff are really good and the setting and grounds are lovely.
Will definitely go again.

Dear Guest
Thank you very much for your feedback.
We are pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and any concerns that you experienced were dealt with immediately and to your satisfaction. We do actively try and encourage guests to seek help when not satisfied with any aspect of their stay and your experience does help us to reiterate this point.
We look forward to welcoming you back to New Place in the future.

Reviewed 3 August 2016

Booked on a Travelzoo Deal, £95 per night inc 3 course meal & Breakfast. When you arrive the Building looks Awesome, but there are no rooms in there, They are all located on the parameters like and old Butlins holiday camp, walls paper thin, noise levels are quite high, no aircon but fan supplied, room very small and bed very hard. If it was raining when you wanted to go to Breakfast or Dinner there is No coverage to protect you.This is a Management Training School and it adapts to that, only 5 tables outside but when they reserve 4 for the delegates leaves the rest of the customers struggling to find a seat. Bar area very small, Restaurant very nice and had 2 evening meals and could not fault quality and service, Breakfast was very nice and a Delightfully lovely woman who was cooking the eggs just how you liked. Televisions in room were very grainy and not much choice of channels. Receptionist was very good when We booked in but the later shift could do better on People skills. Wi Fi non existent. Luckily We stayed in the week, Would We stay again, not sure but if We did it would only be for a stopover.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Michael N
mark s, General Manager at New Place Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2016

Dear Guest
Thank you for your feedback.
As a Venue we cater for many types of guests all of our guests are valued. We believe we give a honest description of where and what we are. We provide a site map showing the layout of our Venue as we are not a conventional hotel. The rooms we believe represent value and hope you would agree that at £95 including dinner and breakfast which I am pleased to read your comments on your dinning experience, that they do.
I would assure you are rooms are constructed to building regs and are separated by a single block, we do understand as the majority of our rooms open on to exterior courts, noise can be an amplified, which is why we respectfully ask our guests to ‘keep it Hush’. Generally our wifi is very strong through out the Venue.
We do hope travelers would kindly look at our website to view our Venue on our web site as we believe this will help our guests to make a decision on the suitability of our Venue and help manage expectation.
We do take feedback seriously and hope you will consider visiting our Venue again in the future.

Reviewed 2 August 2016 via mobile

Having driven through the gates and the grounds I thought I was in for something special the bar area is stunning with wood paneling I had a nice pint cold and crisp and a burger
The burger was black massively over cooked with no juice and dry and a standard mass produced frozen burger
The chips where frozen chips flashed in the fryer not overly appealing
I did speak to one of the chefs about it and was informed that the management make them cook the burgers that way and they get grief if they don't comply
The bun was nice toasted
And a nice size pickle
Would I return no will drive past to a local Burger King or McDonald's

Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business
mark s, General Manager at New Place Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2016

Dear Guest
Thank you for your feedback .
I am sorry that you did not bring this matter to the attention of the bar person at the time or any of the management that you interacted with so we could have resolved this..
This is a disappointing review and I am sorry that you did not enjoy your burger. The chef that you spoke is also disappointed and feels that you have taken his comments out of context as we are indeed instructed as most establishments would be to cook burgers through as a food safety recommendation, but certainly not as you have described. We use Aberdeen Angus meat for our burgers, and generally our chips are well received.