Lowest prices for your stay
US$168
View deal
Free cancellation until 02/06/22
Hotels.com
Orbitz.com
Travelocity
Priceline
2,770 results
All reviews upper deck bay view new wing the cottages main building outdoor shower seafood private beach bay of bengal deluxe rooms seagull restaurant clean beach beautiful property beach front in room dining swimming pool jiva spa
Selected filters
Reviewed 26 December 2013

The beach is very well maintained. Property is good overall. What you expect from a Taj.

The let downs were pricing and food. I have stayed at better properties at that price point.
- food was expensive for the portion sizes
- the room pricing was way high. Way better properties like Taj Exotica in Goa you could get cheaper!

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 26 December 2013

A wonderful retreat for the family. Lovely sea front and nice swimming pool. One can just relax doing nothing. The christmas eve gala dinner was a let down though. On christmas day, they served a lot of previous night's leftovers in the buffet. Staff is friendly and helpful.

Room tip: Ask for Garden Facing cottages. These have both sea view and garden view.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 26 December 2013

We had a little bungalow. Comfortable bed.The bathroom needed upgrading.The staff and service was excellent.i have very fond memory of very good food.especially breakfast.will definitely come to this place.

Date of stay: November 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 December 2013

I have stayed here several times and each time I do, I get so frustrated because this place really could be the place of memories, however, each time the service and attention to detail just lets it down. On arrival I was informed that I had been 'upgraded' to a Villa rather than a room. At first this seemed like a positive thing but after a short time I realized perhaps it is not. The Villa is remote from the main buildings. It is large and has a nice big bed but the quality of the furnishings is old and the garden furniture needs updating. After removing the massive cockroaches from the bathroom I went to the pool area for a beer at the swim up bar. The service was shocking, then I was informed that they only had warm beer so I needed to wait to bring the cold beer from the other bar!!! For a so called 5* Hotel this was not good. The pool area needs overhauling and several of the pool lights are just holes in the wall which have not been replaced. After dinner I returned to the Villa but during the night there was a power cut, the Villas must not have any power back up so everything just went off. As I was leaving early in the morning I had to shower in the dark. Only after leaving I found that I had left behind clothes by accident because it was too dark to see them. A room in the main building may have provided a better connection to the back up generators.

All in all this Hotel is OK and when I am in Chennai I will probably go again. Provided you do not expect 5* facilities and service you will have an acceptable level of comfort.

Room tip: Ask for a newly renovated room as some are now getting a little rough around the edges.
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Ding D
Reviewed 22 December 2013

I stayed for 2weeks at the Taj Vivanta Fishermans cove and I left with very fond memories of the lovely property, warm hospitality and most of all the terrific food they laid out.

I was travelling on business with a 8 month infant and was understandably concerned about how he would be cared for.

The hotel dispelled these fears with the very first call I made to Mr Patrick Raja who assured me that I should be at ease and that my child and my mother would be perfectly cared for.

and so they were all through!

a) Patrick, you did a terrific job. Special Thanks from me, my mother and the baby- I will remember your smiling face fondly.

b) Morning breakfast team, you excelled yourself and were super hospitable. You ensured food for the baby was cooked to perfection each day. Grateful!

Once Chef Bala found out I was a vegetarian who ate only a limited portion of their morning spread, he made sure he laid out special dishes for me every morning.

IT was a pleasure gorging on their *PERFECT DOSA* . Thank you Chef Bala, Chef Ravi, thank you all Seagull Staff - you went out of your way each day and I will always remember you fondly.

I hope I have the pleasure of being served by you again! Heartfelt thanks :)

c) Gracy the senior housekeeper was lovely and made sure all niggling issues were taken care of .

d) Satish co ordinates the weekend activities - Thank you Satish for making sure my little girl had a lovely time.

e) The Bay of Bengal view from the rooms is superb and if you are looking for a break from the rush of the city, this place delivers it!

All in all, lovely place Mr Kumar and team ! You live up to the Taj name and the aura around it:)

Date of stay: November 2013