17 people are viewing this hotel
US$171
Free cancellation until 12/10/22
Reserve now, pay at stay
US$171
PricelineUS$171
Hotels.comUS$128
ZenHotels.comUS$190
2,845 results
All reviews upper deck bay view new wing the cottages main building outdoor shower seafood private beach bay of bengal deluxe rooms seagull restaurant clean beach beautiful property in room dining beach front swimming pool jiva spa
Selected filters
Reviewed 9 March 2021

Like Play Area Require Maintenance & Upgrade / Rooms Indoor Locks Needs Maintenance.
Rooms Its Not Worth 13k
Self Parking "Think Due To Covid"
Kids Tube At Swimming Pool Required..!
Adventure Activity Could Be Started.

Review collected in partnership with Taj Hotels & Resorts
Souvik Bhattacharya, Owner at Taj Fisherman's Cove Resort & Spa, Chennai, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2021

Dear Amit,

Greetings from Taj Fisherman’s Cove Resort & Spa.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and sparing your precious time to share your feedback.

With great regret, I have noted your feedback and would like to express my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused.

We strongly believe customer feedback is an integral part of our learning curve, thus helping us in our continuous journey of excellence. We have noted your feedback regarding maintenance related shortcomings in the room and activity room and availability of kids tube, and I would like to inform you that the same has been addressed. Additionally, we have also relooked at our internal processes to ensure such instances do not recur.
Following your concern about the activity offerings, I have discussed this with the concerned team to look into the same.

I request you to treat this experience as an aberration and not a barometer for the level of services and hospitality we take pride in delivering to our esteemed patrons.

All of us at the Taj Fisherman’s Cove Chennai look forward to welcoming you back and assure you the best of attention and care to ensure your subsequent stay with us is a pleasant one.

Reviewed 8 March 2021

WoW, really enjoyed our stay at this beautiful and luxurious destination. Excellent location, clean beach, beautiful garden, huge swimming pool and mouth watering delicacies etc. it has all you wish for. All this Comes with great hospitality and very courteous staff. Special and big thanks to Ruchika for making our stay memorable. Will visit again and recommend to others.

Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Imvishesh,

Greetings from Taj Fisherman’s Cove Resort & Spa.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and sparing your precious time to share your feedback, words of appreciation and encouragement on Trip Advisor. It is our constant endeavor to provide our guests with the highest level of comfort and to make their overall experience truly memorable.

It is delightful to know your overall stay with us has been an enjoyable one and am indeed grateful for the gracious compliments you have showered on my colleagues. It will be my pleasure to share the same with them, Ruchika in particular.

The entire team and myself at the Taj Fisherman's Cove would like to thank you for your positive recommendation and do hope you will continue to provide us with more opportunities to be of service. We look forward to welcoming you back and continuing to meet your expectations.

Reviewed 7 March 2021

The only good thing about this resort is the access to Kovalam beach. Beyond that, it offers nothing. Staff is apathetic, and unwelcoming right from check-in. The reception is crowded and we had to wait for 45 minutes for checking in. By the way, it took them 45 minutes even after we provided them all the information online prior to our arrival! Filling in the online information was a waste of time as they ended up asking for all the information again anyway. The rooms are old and nowhere near 5-star. The bathroom fittings are subpar. Shower switch in our room did not work, the sink faucet was leaking and made both the counter and the bathroom floor wet. The dining experience was abysmal! Food was bland, and tasteless. They are terribly understaffed so they only served a buffet for all the three nights that we were there. In fact, the platter remained the same. Our requests for a la carte were not entertained. Service was generally poor. I can safely say that I have had much better Indian food outside India. The check-out process was consistent with the rest of the experience. Despite waiting for 45 minutes, no one was sent to our room to assist with the luggage. We had to drag our own bags to the front-desk. The final invoice was riddled with errors and charges for drinks and meals that we had already paid for. We had to carefully go through the invoice and insist they remove the incorrect charges. The whole process took us 45 minutes. Finally, I had to call the property multiple times to get a copy of the invoice. Given Taj's brand recognition in India, I tried it out despite being a Gold Elite member at Marriott. I regret choosing Taj over the Sheraton next door.

Room tip: Do not recommend this hotel
Review collected in partnership with Taj Hotels & Resorts
Souvik Bhattacharya, Owner at Taj Fisherman's Cove Resort & Spa, Chennai, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2021

Dear Chandrasekhara,

Greetings from Taj Fisherman’s Cove Resort & Spa.

At the outset, please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused to you during your recent stay with us.

Whilst it has been a great disappointment to note that your overall impressions of the hotel have been far from satisfactory, we also appreciate the opportunity you have given us for bringing about necessary improvements in our product and services. We have noted your feedback regarding your arrival and departure experience, upkeep and maintenance related shortcomings in the room, menu offerings and dining experience not being up to the mark, and I have personally discussed the same in detail with my operations team and initiated corrective measures earnestly in the areas as highlighted. Additionally, we have also re-evaluated our on-going training process, with special emphasis on guest engagement and professional bearings to provide the levels of service expected of us.

I sincerely request you to give us another opportunity and I assure you I shall personally ensure you leave the resort with a positive experience carrying fond memories of your stay.

Reviewed 5 March 2021

It’s a beautifully maintained sea side resort with excellent dining and room service facilities.
Would be wonderful if some sea sports are added to it like boat ride, baloon flying and others like desert Sand buggy and so on.

Date of stay: February 2021
Review collected in partnership with Taj Hotels & Resorts
Souvik Bhattacharya, Owner at Taj Fisherman's Cove Resort & Spa, Chennai, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2021

Dear Hnchoudhary,

Greetings from Taj Fisherman’s Cove Resort & Spa.

It is delightful to know that you had a pleasant stay with us and your dining experience exceeded your expectations. I shall be delighted to share your compliments with my colleagues.

We strongly believe customer feedback is an integral part of our learning curve, thus helping us in our continuous journey of excellence. I have noted your suggestion and would like to inform you that all sea activities have been restricted under jurisdiction of the local authorities.

All of us at the Taj Fisherman's Cove would like to thank you for your positive recommendation and do hope you will continue to provide us with more opportunities to be of service. We look forward to welcoming you back during your next visit and assure you the best in services and hospitality.

Reviewed 4 March 2021

To begin with check-in process took almost an hour. By the time the check-in was complete the restaurants were about to close for lunch. We had to rush for lunch with the luggage. Most of the items in buffet were not replenished and it was cold. No frequent drops to the rooms from the main block. Rooms were not clean and no where near to 5 star standards. Inspite of booking the tables for dinner again had to wait for more than an hour at bay view. Sleep was not comfortable because of the foul smell from bathroom, stains on linen and food at breakfast was average. No persons or cart was sent for check out and we had to walk back with luggage

Date of stay: February 2021

Dear Srinathramgopal,

Greetings from Taj Fisherman’s Cove Resort & Spa.

At the outset, please allow me to extend my most sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused due to the shortcomings you have experienced during your recent stay.

While it has been a great disappointment to note that your overall impressions of the hotel is far from satisfactory, we also appreciate the opportunity you have given us for bringing about necessary improvements in our product and services. With great concern we have noted your feedback regarding your below par stay experience, I’ve personally discussed the same in detail with my operations team and assure you that the corrective measures have been initiated earnestly in the areas as highlighted. Additionally, we have also relooked at our internal processes to ensure such instances do not recur.

Please feel free to contact me directly during your next trip and it shall be my pleasure to ensure you have a memorable experience with us.

All of us at the Taj Fisherman’s Cove look forward to welcoming you back during your next visit, and assure you the best of our attention and hospitality.