All reviews beautiful building yogurt frascati train station main business restaurant menu large hotel regular shuttle service cakes public areas breakfast was excellent takes minutes room was spacious hill town napoleon rome mattress
Reviewed 17 September 2018

The Hotel has garden parties every night and they allow the guests to play loud music until midnight. After that the straff cleans up. Don't expect to be able to sleep until 1am. The hotel only has single pane windows with low sound insulation.
The food is bland and the restaurant staff is sloppy

Room Tip: Rooms facing away from the pool area and the front are slightley quieter
Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 August 2018

A very impressive, grand building with grounds featuring fountains and statues , very much like one of the palaces you pay to see in Europe. Also a refreshing break from the hot summer temperatures, up high on the hill with breathtaking views. We only stayed a night but we ate both dinner and breakfast and the food was good. The waiters are very old fashioned which suits the setting. They are polite and friendly. The rooms are big and old but we found them comfortable. Overall, value for money.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 August 2018 via mobile

This 16 century villa is a glorious example of Roman architecture and at its best. The hotel itself is spacious and light with an uncluttered feel, despite its tired looking furniture. The outside space is glorious and the vistas are breathtaking. But, It’s NOT 4 star and it’s even pushing 3 stars.

In relation to our stay well I’m appalled- we booked for 8 nights. Firstly they put us in a room you couldn’t swing a cat in without air conditioning. It was 35 degrees. After complaining, they eventually moved us but not until after 7 in the evening so we spent the whole day in the hotel without being offered a cup of coffee a bottle of water food etc. As a result of complaining about the room we were treated less favourably at reception for the rest of the stay, with the manager Giancarlo coming across as rude disingenuous, dismissive and patronising. I also caught the receptionist call me a fat annoying English woman (I’m Irish) in Italian to her colleague when I asked for a towel for the pool area. I suppose I wasn’t picture perfect like the Bvlgari attendees that were hosting their annual conference at the same time. In addition, I also was present to hear another of the receptionist (male) apologise to another young lady guest because he had to serve me first. Absolutely humiliating!! We also had the loss of the outside restaurant and facilities while this conference was being held. Nobody told us and to be honest not surprised? On the flip side the breakfast was enjoyable. All the staff their were friendly without question or exception. The choice of food fresh and tasty- no complaints.

In spite of the despicable behaviour of the front of house staff, we managed to survive by going out of the hotel and into Rome daily or the town of Frascati nightly where there is a different world! People were friendly warm helpful and fabulous. Frascati is a vibrant place in the evening. We walked the 1 km to the town centre - the decline is very steep, so not for the faint hearted - neither is the incline back, but there is a shuttle bus for €5 per passenger each way.

This hotel is not a friendly place at all, despite its history and current ethos. Frascati on the other hand, is a fabulously warm friendly place to stay and a real find just stay clear of this hotel they don’t want foreigners- you won’t feel welcome and staff at reception are rude. This is very frustrating as it could be a little goldmine as the setting is fabulous, the vistas are spectacular the breakfast is great. My advice is that you need to get rid of your tiny reception area and all of the staff without exception as they are uncouth, unprofessional and unaccommodating and a total let down to the wonderful people of Frascati. Open up the Villa Tuscolana to the world and you’ll have a fabulous place to stay. Incidentally do something about the water situation as it is not good - stop charging €2 per 500ml bottle - In those temperatures it should have been free.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 August 2018 via mobile

Loved our stay at this Villa. The staff was amazing. Angelo was really knowledgeable on the history of the bulding. Flavia was the sweetest and we loved seeing her every morning at breakfast. Everyone was very welcoming and helpful. We had a lot of fun and walked to town every day. I will definitely stay here again if I have the Chance.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 July 2018

i am visiting the villa for a convention. i only can say great thing about this place. it has great service, great dining experience. the food is excellence. great spa. great meeting space. great view from my room. i will definitely come here again when i visit Frascati

Room Tip: third floor last room on the left is perfect. it has 180 degree view of the city of Rome from the hill.
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business