Hotel Schmelmer Hof(Bad Aibling)
Free cancellation until 05/08
US$144
US$126
Hotels.com
B&O Parkhotel(Bad Aibling)
Hotel Johannisbad(Bad Aibling)
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 30 June 2012

Booked through Expedia at advertised rate but was charged another 50 dollars for my 12 year old daughter. Turns out that is because they didn't have a family suite but instead shoved my family of 4 into one room. I just woke up to find myself covered in insect bites that I hope are not from the giant spider crawling across the wall. The advertised air conditioning is actually a window, there's not even a fan. We are only passing through on our way to Austria but we will not be staying any longer than necessary. In my religion, st George is the patron saint of soldiers, he surely isn't the saint looking out for weary travelers. I recommend staying here if you are desperate for lodging with a free breakfast, swim pool, and a few other resort amenities. I imagine this place was awesome back in 1982 but it's time has passed. To sum it up, the fee is not commiserate with the accommodations.

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank kkibby43
Reviewed 16 December 2011

My company had a workshop at this hotel in the late fall. I stayed in the older part of the hotel and found the rooms a little dated, but clean. Food was "so so". The exercise room was so-so, and the pool area was very nice.

The service during the meeting was good.

I would not visit this hotel on my own.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the main hotel area
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 December 2011

I have been in the hotel for two nights with a large group during an organized tour.
Very well organized for this kind of stay.
Good cleanliness, food not bad and kind of traditional, breakfast excellent.
Location is not exactly very interesting to visit the closest bigger cities of the Baviera.

• Stayed: December 2011
1  Thank Blausetti
Reviewed 24 May 2011

My company held a workshop at this hotel and we had a great experience. The rooms were nice. The hotel overall is very clean and attractive. The food in the restaurant was excellent at all three meals of the day.

• Stayed: May 2011
1  Thank davidrleenc
Reviewed 8 October 2010

My husband was attending a trade show in Munich & a 1 day conference at the St Georg so I tagged along and spent 3 nights with him at the hotel (booking was made by a client of his). Bad Aibling is a quaint town with a beautiful park but the hotel was not conveniently situated for daily travel into Munich (2 trains + the S bahn). Guests who were obviously not attending a conference at the hotel, seemed to be in the 60+ age bracket. Rooms very ordinary but spacious. Could have been cleaner eg. bedroom surfaces dusty. Terrible mattress and noisy 'til late due to smoking area outside bar which was close to our room. Also encountered a rude male receptionist - we had a communication problem but I was in no way unpleasant and he was - unforgiveable in my opinion!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business