“The simple life and a home away from home at a...”
other travellers have booked this property
One bedroom cottage at Night Pool Night view
Leaving Room
Balcony
Bedroom window
Infinity Pool
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Very good - based on 26 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
Swapnil S
“Bijin (Care Taker)- Rude, Unprofessional, Liar, Cheater.”
Reviewed 11 October 2016 for a stay in August 2016
people found this review helpful

Hi All,

I would like to write about my experience with Bijin the care taker of place.

I booked the place over phone after speaking to him an got an email from him. Upon asking if need any advance money guy says no but then later agrees for it. I transferred him 2k.

Upon reaching the place we find that he was not here and place guy ask us to check in. Place was a total mess, rats were roaming around. Upon using toilet got to know there is no water available in cottage. I straight away called Bijin and told him that we not gonna stay here. So he said no issues he wil transfer the advance money back.

14 August it was and I waited for a week for him to transfer but nothing. Upon calling and messaging him multiple times he was started avoiding calls and when we use to call him from unknown no then he use to say m busy and will transfer money soon.

One fine day he took details to transfer money and intentionally entered my mobile no instead of account no in account no. I reverted back and then again same story of delaying. After about a month of too n fro I called him up amd he started misbehaving over phone that I'm not thief so will return money when get time. He was that rude that he was not ready to listen to me.

Call recording is with me, so any one interested can mail me to get the call recording as well.

Have screenshots of all the conversation with him over whatsapp which once you will read will get to know what kind of lier and unprofessional he is.

Its mid oct still not received complete money as after eating his head only got 1k and then he said 1k is cancellation charges for booking where even no advance was required.

And we have a screenshot where he transferred 2k initially where he entered mobile no as account no. So this guy is a thief.

Also taking a suv to the property will be little dangerous. No markets and eateries near by.

You can see in below screenshots he mentioned that he will refund money but he hasn't. He infact told my wife to do whatever you want and leave as many reviews on as many websites as you can but he doesn't care as he has many other properties which he operates.

Guys dont hesitate to ask me for that call recording which 11 minutes long and you will get to know what kinda guy you gonna deal with if booking the place.

Travelling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
19 Oct 2016
The above mentioned person has not stayed at Glendale holiday homes.we are well established holiday homes and our prior concern is cleanliness and comfort of guests all this allegation are fake
marcusr18...
“The simple life and a home away from home at a really affordable rate.”
Reviewed 16 July 2016 for a stay in July 2016
people found this review helpful

This place was just plain beautiful. Serenity at its best. Mr Bijin was one of the most courteous people I've ever met ,always willing to help with a smile. If you're in need of peace,serenity and to be one with nature, without having to pay a small fortune for it, this is the place to be.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
26 Jul 2016
Thank you Marcus and hope you guys will visit us again ..
nainamath...
“Wonderful Peaceful Holiday Homes”
Reviewed 23 June 2016 for a stay in June 2016
person found this review helpful

We were six adults and five children.we had stayed in glendale for 2 days in 3 bedroom and 2 one bed room cottages.Bijin rented the whole property to us on these days so we got complete privacy to enjoy with our family.the pool was really cold and the best part which kids and men loved the most.we had access to kitchen so we cooked food ravi the care taker brought us all the groceries we required.He also made necessary arrangemnts for barbeque and firecamp for one day as it was raining heavily the next day.the climate was really cold and the walk through plantations was simply beautiful.we all family members had great time over there and visted few nearby tourist places chembra peak,pookode lake and sughipara water falls due to limited time and rain.on the whole a private peaceful atmosphere for family and groups.thanks bijin and ravi for the good hospitatlity.A lovely place we will visit again.

24 Jun 2016
jerry987t...
“Glendale gives you a nostalgic. Feeling...”
Reviewed 16 June 2016 for a stay in June 2016

We were 2 couples we stayed in the single bedroom cottages on top and ground floor.we had really great time there with family.the host was really nice person even the caretaker.on the whole food,barebeque and firecamps made our experience wonderful.this place is prefect for budget travellers.affordable and worth it!!!!

17 Jun 2016
mitrana
“One must never miss this place.....in simple words nostalgic,heavenly,beautiful...”
Reviewed 7 June 2016 for a stay in May 2016

I had stayed in the 3 bedroom cottage with my family.this is an old cottage renuvated recently with 3 bedrrooms and 3 bathrooms of an average space.The attic on the top was the highlight my children loved this upper part of cottage and prefered to sleep there.First of all i must thank bijin and. Ravi (caretaker)for all the help renedered to us right from booking till check out.The kerala food served to us was tasty and spicy.The walk through coffee plantations sourrounded by acres of tea plantations was mesimerising...The way to glendale is in between tea plantations with half tar road and rest mud road.The scenic Beauty of this place is really appreciated. On the whole the fresh air dinning area near pool side,the cold climate,the firecamp,the hammocks,the chicken barbecue was ultimately a memorable experience.I would reccomend this place only for nature lovers as its not a luxurious type of property simple elagent and beautiful in its own way....

8 Jun 2016
Thank you and hope you and your family visit us again
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing