“Lovely Food but Watch your Bill”

Restaurante Libanes Beirut
Ranked #131 of 727 Restaurants in Maspalomas
Price range: US$6 - US$18
Reviewed 2 April 2018

We went to this place having been told the food was good.
Well can't complain about the food it was lovely, really tasty and really enjoyed the surroundings and decor,
So far so good.
However and it's a big one and the reason why it's had an average from me was when we asked for the bill I nearly fell through the floor, I'm pretty good at adding things up in my head as I go along. The bill should have come to around 59 euros. However the bill presented to us was for 91 euros.
I'm not your average Brit who doesn't like to say anything. The bill items were all in Spanish. My spanish isn't top notch but know enough to work out all the items on the bill were not what we had.
I queried the bill with the young waiter who had served us and presented the bill to us. Immediately he started laughing without looking at the bill and said "It's the wrong one" How did he know that without looking at it. A 30 euro difference is massive (Another meal for two). He blamed the mistake on another waiter who was standing close by. So I said to the other waiter "That's not good how did that happen!!" He shouted at the one who served us and called him a liar. Our waiter had a big smirk and grin on his face. I told him he'd have no tip and the place would be reviewed accordingly. Did he care? Not one bit!!!. So be careful with your bill I think it's some sort of scam. So Food GREAT service at the table GREAT presentation of the Bill DODGY to say the least.

1  Thank Mike B

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

We visited the restaurant for dinner after seeing the high rated reviews!! Not sure what these customers were eating. They have obviously never visited a traditional Lebanese restaurant!!
Apart from the Hummus , moutabel & tabuleh which they cannot possibly get wrong. The rest of our food was tasteless and bland!!. The Shish touk was boiled
Chicken then fried. This should have been grilled. The chicken shawarma should have been moist strips of chicken. However this was also fried & soo much oil. Both chicken dishes were like rubber. We should have known that he food was not going to be good as we were given chilli sauce before we even got our food.
The food was overpriced for what were served & to top of off they tried to over charged for the bread.
We paid €65 for a meal that certainly not worth it at all. We left very disappointed. What a very expensive Gin & Tonic which was lovely. Would not recommend this restaurant at all especially if you have had any Middle Eastern food before as this is certainly not that!

1  Thank Kalpna B
Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

Nice place nice food. Authentic libaneser restaurante. They do have chicken curry for the brittish tourists but the nonsense stops there. We had a very nice lunch and we will be back for dinner - Thank you! :)

Reviewed 14 March 2018

The restaurant and staffw ere excellent. Meals not the cheapest available but be aware. They bring you bread for the able that you did not ask fir, and then another on when its gone and charge you 5 euros for the privilege. Wouldn't have minded if they had told be first so that I could decide if I wanted the bread or not.

1  Thank Andy M
Reviewed 3 March 2018

Good ambience. Very friendly waiters. Very good food and not too enormous portions.
Lighting a bit too bright.

Beirut-Management, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Restaurante Libanes Beirut, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2018

Thanks a lot for your good review! We are glad you liked our Libanes Restaurant, the ambience, and the food. Our waiters always try to serve our guests well so we are glad you appreciated it! Would be nice to welcome you back!