US$110
US$99
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$123/night.

US$114
US$111
  • Restaurant
Pergola Hotel & Spa(Mellieha)(Great Value!)
US$101
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 48% below average rates

The price you found is 48% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$195/night.

US$443
US$283
US$167
US$144
Priceline
US$68
D View(Mellieha)
US$64
No availability for your dates from these sites
2,400 results
All reviewstosca restaurantthe busrooftop poolself cateringwelcome drinksister hotelhalf boardlovely hotelstudio roomsteep hillsmall balconybreakfast and dinnergreat holidayhotel is situatedlovely roombusy roadcleaned every day
Reviewed 12 October 2009

We stayed in this hotel for over a week and it was a lovely stay. The hotel is very nice, well presented, good facilities, located in the centre of Mellieha town just few meters from bus station - one is on the other side of the road of hotel entrance, the other is few meters away.

Hotel is very nice, clean, spacious and it looks quite new. Particularly the roof top pool is amazing - with exclusive view on the bay and Mellieha town itself. The surrounding area contains few good restaurants, pharmacy, bank, shops - everything you might need.

Breakfast was included in the room price and was adequate with a lot of choice. We ordered also dinner and it was definitely worth it.

Free WiFi internet connection available in the lobby. There's also a computer with internet access but I highly do not recommend it (screen flickering and really terrible keyboard - never seen anything so bad).

Great and I would like to repeat it once more - GREAT staff. Especially Yanika was very helpful in solving our toothache problem (finding pharmacy opened on Sunday etc.).

Nearest beach is about 2 bus stops away or 20 min. walk.

This hotel unless to Pergola hotel (Solana sister's hotel) deserves its 4 stars. I can't imagine being transferred to Pergola after booking room in Solana. Not surprised that the majority of negative feedback for this hotel comes from overbooking and people getting room in different hotel.

I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Medvidek_11
Reviewed 12 October 2009

We have stayed at the Solana Hotel for 2 nights between 29.09.09 – 01.10.09 & again from 05.10.09 – 07.10.09. We booked directly through Daniela and Ritienne who work at the Reservations Department. Their efficiency was fantastic and we immediately felt at ease booking this Hotel.
We had read the reviews on Trip Advisor and were a bit concerned at first but we totally changed our perception when we spoke to Daniela and Ritienne and we realized that we were absolutely right from the moment that we stepped in reception.

The Hotel is situated in the centre of the village opposite restaurants, buses, and next door to a bank! The location is just PERFECT! We were allocated a room overlooking the street on the top floor. There was no view but we didn’t mind it at all. Our room had double glazing windows and doors and it was very quiet considering that it overlooked Mellieha’s busiest road!

The food at the Solana is something not to be missed. We were on Bed & Breakfast basis but always ate at the Hotel. On Wednesday they do Maltese Night at the Bellini Restaurant and it was just fabulous! Definitely worth it! We also ate a couple of times at the Tosca Restaurant – the new fine-dining restaurant. The food abundant and the price just right!

The Hotel also has an indoor pool and an outdoor pool. The indoor pool is huge and very warm! There is also a Jacuzzi which you could use free of charge. Isabelle at the Spa Harmonique was fantastic. Always ready for a chat and really goes into explaining things making our Spa session more of a lesson! This is typical of the staff at the Solana..from the waiters to the cleaners they were all smiling and ready to help. We really felt welcome at the Solana Hotel and we will definitely return!!

Thanks for all the staff which made our holiday special!
See you soon Solana :)

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank ukrainian_traveller
Reviewed 9 October 2009

We celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary at La Tosca Restaurant which forms part of the Solana Hotel in Mellieha. The food was great and the service friendly and efficient. The feedback from our guests was extremely positive and as one of the guests remarked the whole evening was "faultless". All our needs were capably handled by Jonathan Grima who is the Head Chef and by Elaine who is the General Manager of the hotel.Although just opened we are certain that La Tosca will establish itself among the best restaurants on the island because of its great food, a warm ambiance, efficient and friendly staff and overall good value for money.

• Stayed: October 2009
Reviewed 28 September 2009

I do not normally write reviews but my experience at the Solana coupled with the fact that reviews from previous visitors had helped me with my choice, prompted me to write one. The staff at the Solana are friendly and helpful and the service impeccable. The hotel is lovely, more than you would expect of a 4 star with its shiny clean walls and marble like steps. Our room was spacious albeit overlooking the main road which was a little noisy when the patio door was open. The evening entertainment in the lobby was refreshing and relaxing.
My husband and I and two preteen girls had a fantastic time at the hotel. The hotel staff embraces all its guests and treats each one with the utmost respect..
We were half board and there was a great variety and abundance of food daily, so we were spoilt for choice..
I've rated rooms as four because we stayed for 8 nights and the room was cleaned daily, however even though the beds were made, the bed linen was never changed.
I booked a wonderful massage from the lovely Gozo lady in the spa located in the basement of the hotel.
The hotel was a good base from which to explore Gozo and Malta with its ultra friendly people. It was my first visit but I love Malta and its people and will hopefully be back.
Thank you Solana staff for a lovely stay especially the little guy.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank Joodes
Reviewed 24 September 2009

I saw a few reviews on here saying that people had booked a room at the Solana, but for various reasons were sent to the Pergola Hotel upon check-in. I gave the Solana the benefit of the doubt and booked anyway through Expedia, I also called the hotel directly a couple of days before to confirm the booking which I was assured was ok. The trip was a present for my boyfriend's 30th birthday, so it was extra important for it to be well organised and hassle free, here's what happened:

When we went to check in, they told us we would have to stay in the Pergola Hotel as there were maintenance problems and there were no other rooms available. We were not happy with this, especially as we were told it was only a short walk away so we would be fine - the streets are very narrow and steep and you have to go up over the longest flight of stairs I have ever seen to get to the entrance, all this with luggage? After about 15mins of saying that we were not happy the guy at reception finally offered us a complimentary taxi.

Upon checking in at the Pergola we said we were not happy about being moved and could anything be done however I was told I had to wait an hour for the manager to arrive. We waited in our room for the manager and were not happy with the room at all - the bedroom window opened out into some kind of concrete shaft (about 1 square foot) so there was no natural light at all in the bedroom, the air conditioning was very loud and there was a cockroach in the bathroom which scuttled down the plughole of the sink.

At 7pm I was finally able to speak to the manager and said that I did not like the hotel at all and wanted to be moved. She said there was nothing she could do and basically it was just tough and we had no choice but to stay there, she also said she didn't understand what our problem was anyway because as far as she was concerned it was a nice hotel and our room had been upgraded - we were given a studio room with a bedroom that had no natural light and a view of a concrete shaft and a kitchen that we did not need. After about half an hour of arguing and not getting anywhere I returned to the room in tears. My boyfriend then went down to speak to her and she offered us complimentary dinner in their restaurant, which was absolutely disgusting. Unless you want pizza or a burger and chips you have a limited choice and the food was of extremely poor quality, and we still had to pay for our drinks. So our first night was a tearful, stressful washout, and we only had two nights left.

The next morning, after being kept awake most of the night by their "entertainment" which consisted of "Johnny Gee" doing bad Johnny Cash covers amongst some other wailing, we spoke to reception again and we were told that if we get our bags ready they will be taken over to Solana as everything was sorted. We were on our way out to an excursion at the time so we said we would have to do it when we got back at around lunchtime. We were told that was fine and we finally relaxed knowing that we were going to be staying in the hotel that we chose and paid for.

However, when we returned and said to reception we were going to bring our stuff down, we were told that the manager wanted to speak to us. She then came out and said that we didn't actually have a room at the Solana, even though we were told that morning that we did.

After about half an hour of going round in circles we then demanded a refund as we just wanted leave and said we would find a different hotel, they said we were welcome to leave, but they would not give us a refund. After another half hour of arguing and crying we then said that they should at least pay for us to stay in another hotel of our choice. I had my lonely planet guide and saw the Maritim hotel and said we wanted to stay there instead. The manager eventually agreed and arranged a room for us which we were grateful for, but still that was another day ruined and we only had one more night after that.

They caused a considerable amount of distress, made us feel like we were in the wrong for complaining and cast a dark cloud over what was only a short break. It also completely ruined my boyfriend's birthday.

I can't say much about the Solana seeing as we didn't get to stay there but, the Pergola is supposed to be a 4 star hotel, however it has cockroaches and as much class as a resort in Benidorm.

I cannot fault the staff at the Maritim hotel where we ended up. They were accommodating, helped with restaurant reservations, excursions, taxis. They have a beautiful spa and it's everything a 4 star hotel should be.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple