“A lovely country pub ”

Hurdlemakers Arms
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Two couples for lunch. We arrived early, literally as they were opening at 12. A warm welcome, blazing fire, and delicious looking specials board being hand written greeted us.
Taken through to the dining area, smaller than I'd expected, and offered drinks and menus.
Decent food is never super fast, but all 4 meals were definitely worth the wait.
Good food,lovely cider and ales, in a fabulous old building. If you 're in the area stop it, you won't regret it

Reviewed 16 March 2018

A selection of ales, red rifle particularly good.unsure what to try after the first pint offered samples of the IPA's.
No starters, alltough one member of our party had the chowder as a main course, it was a meal in itself.
Rabbit casserole,huge bowl filled to the brim, plenty of rabbit delicious gravy ,new potatoes and fresh vegetables. An inexpensive South African Shiraz was right wine for this dish.
One cheese board shared between two, as we finished our wine.
The service was not swift, but we we were happy to chat and the wait was worth it.
Will return

Reviewed 11 March 2018

The pub was packed but the service was really good, the food was delicious and all the staff very helpful and friendly. Even though it was a busy day they were happy to provide gluten free gravy and Yorkshire puddings with my roast lamb. They told me that on normal days they have an extensive gluten free menu and I can't wait to go back to try that. Even though they had three sittings that day there was no attempt to rush us out. I would thoroughly recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed 5 February 2018 via mobile

This is my second visit to the Hurdlemakers arms. It is a great rustic pub and the owners are really friendly. They told us if you want fast food this is not the pub for you. The service was fantastic and yes you have to wait a while for your food but when you get it it is worth waiting for. The food was fantastic all freshly cooked.i will definitely be recommending it to all my friends.

Reviewed 2 February 2018 via mobile

We came here for Sunday lunch a few weeks back, it was delightful. First the starters were brilliant prawn cocktail and the pate. Next came our fabulous roasts my beef and my husbands pork, both came with two Yorkshire's and gravy then two dishes of vegetables each lot's of everything. Myself as well as my Husband both love gravy and drown our dinners we asked for a bit more gravy before tucking in to those wonderful meals and out came two gravy boats each. All was great and we cleared our plates. Lovely pub and lovely staff. Well worth any waiting for properly cooked meal's. Take no notice of the moaners about waiting, they just like moaning. Also do great veggie meal's we've come here with our friend's and they are lovely. Well done everybody. ☺