Fairmont Orchid, Hawaii
US$500
US$284
Hilton.com
US$341
Hilton Waikoloa Village(Waikoloa)(Great Value!)
US$296
US$809
US$409
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Restaurant
4,445 results
All reviewsgold floornorth towerluana loungebrown's delihale kaispa without wallspresident's clubbrown's beach housefairmont orchidthe big islandsea turtlesfishsushi restaurantgolf courseour honeymoongarden viewpaddle boards
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We spent 2 weeks at the Fairmont Orchid and it really wasn't enough. The hotel is beautiful, the grounds are perfect, and the rooms are very comfortable and well appointed. They have different activities on different days / nights. The beach has ZERO waves, so even our 1 year old was able to enjoy it. Lots of turtles when you snorkle and they come up on the beach to sleep at night. The breakfast buffet is fantastic and the other on site restaurants were great too. The pool is HUGE and really cool, and although there were a lot of people in the pool, it never felt crowded. The Jacuzzi was beautiful, nested within a wall of water falls, but the water was too hot for me (not sure why it was so hot) Much to our surprise, every few days, someone dropped of a stone slab in the room full of local fruits for us to enjoy. It was a really great treat (we were afraid to ask at first why we were getting the fruit just in case it wasn't meant for us and we were getting it by accident) Although I did not go, my wife got a massage in their spa without walls. She loves going to the spas for massages and when she came back she said this was by far the best spa experience she has ever had. Apparently there was an opening in the table for you face to go in and the same opening in the floor under the table so all she saw when she opened her eyes was the flowing water in the stream bellow her. We literally never left the hotel except for a couple of times to the supermarket at the corner of the property with the hotel's courtesy van. It was our 6th trip to Hawaii in the last 4 years and this is the first time I never used the rental car. As of 2 days ago, I just booked our next trip to the Fairmont Orchid for 2 weeks in July. We cannot wait to go back!

Room Tip: I highly recommend the south (Kona) tower if you can. It is much closer to the beach and breakfast (food options)
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank 957ronenm
TheFairmontOrchid, Guest Relations Manager at Fairmont Orchid, Hawaii, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Aloha,

Thank you very much for your kind review! We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to your return visit in July. Mahalo!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The Fairmont Orchid is a beautiful resort with excellent service and attentive personnel. The rooms are nice, although some are significantly lacking in view, while others are quite nice. The are several common areas that offer comfortable seating and beautiful views. The Fairmont Orchid is the perfect spot to rest and relax, but it also offers the perfect location for day trips to Hilo, Rainbow Falls, the Botanical Gardens and viewing the volcano.

Stayed: March 2018
1  Thank Mary E

Aloha Mary,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay, we are delighted to hear you not only enjoyed your accommodations, but your experience on Hawaii Island as well. Mahalo!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My wife and I have stayed at the Fairmont Orchid in the past and absolutely loved the entire experience -- so much so that we decided to bring our entire family. Earlier this week I made a pre-trip phone call to the Orchid, enquiring about a few things including the current weather. Reception forwarded me to the Bell Desk phone where I was greeted by a shockingly snarky, max-attitude lady. I had her on speaker phone with my family which made the experience even more embarrassing. I simply asked her what they were forecasting for weather. She responded with a very curt response that "I don't forecast weather", This was the kind of answer and tone you would expect from a Motel 6 or a Super 8. I tried to take the conversation in a more pleasant direction, but was unsuccessful. I had a couple other items to discuss, but was so shocked and insulted by this lady that I ultimately could only say goodbye just to end the experience as quickly as possible. Even my kids were stunned, with my youngest asking me if I was sure I called the right hotel.

It pains me to post anything negative about the Fairmont since we love the brand, are Platinum Club members, and have enjoyed numerous Fairmont properties around the world. Furthermore, our previous experience at the Orchid was an absolute 5 out of 5. It is my sincere hope that this was just a rare event and not a true reflection of a potential downgrade in the Fairmont Orchid's expected level of 5 star service.

Today I give the Orchid a 3 out of 5 -- though I strongly believe/hope that it should be a 5 out of 5. Our visit at the resort begins on Friday, so stay tuned for what I hope to be a very positive update.

Fairmont Orchid Management -- I really hope you are working closely with your front end staff on matters such as this. Guests like myself don't willingly spend a small fortune to receive this kind of attitude. It is shocking how quickly it turns off your guests.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
7  Thank Nation41

Aloha,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your review. Please accept our sincere apologies for the disappointing experience you received from the Bell Desk as this is certainly not the level of service for which Fairmont is known for. We are following up internally regarding this issue and will use your feedback to improve upon our offerings in the future. Thank you again for your feedback, we sincerely appreciate it. Mahalo!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Husband and me visit Hawaii for valentine day. Magical and romance. ~

Love it very much. Peaceful and serenity. I want to come every valentine day future and more! ~

Wakkiii very cool and calm !!!! ~

Until next one ~~~

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank yukipeipei

Aloha,

Thank you for your review! We appreciate it. Mahalo!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

If you are staying at this hotel, bring your snorkeling gear. You don't need to drive to the famous snorkeling spots in Big Island. Early morning with calms water, you will see amazing things at the small beach in front of this hotel. I have stayed at this hotel three times now and each time, I have had an amazing experience with service.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank Ahu2014
TheFairmontOrchid, Guest Relations Manager at Fairmont Orchid, Hawaii, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you so very much for your review, we appreciate it and hope to have an opportunity to welcome you back in the future.