The Pago Design Hotel Phuket
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Phuketa Hotel(Ratsada)
    CA Residence(Phuket Town)
    Good 3.5/5
      Hop Inn Phuket(Phuket Town)
        Plus Mansion(Phuket Town)
        Average 3/5
          Baan PhuAnda(Talat Yai)
          Great 4.5/5
          Onnicha Hotel(Phuket Town)
          Good 3.5/5
            Phuket Merlin Hotel(Phuket Town)
            Average 3/5
            All reviewsgood sizefront deskbalconythaisinkairportpoolphuket
            FilterAll languages
            Reviewed 17 May 2017

Quite a new hotel, with good size of room. Good selection of breakfast.

There is a small fitness room in the front, but equipment are quite worn off.

Location is okay, not in a busy Soi, but walkable to family mart store

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
            Reviewed 8 May 2017

I will withhold my final review until the double billing for the one room I occupied (#201, 4 nights, checked in May 4 and out May 8) you collected from the online booking service and from myself directly. Simply put, you received funds twice from the same guest for the same exact same dates. for only one room. I will wait a few days for you to adjust this double billing and issue a credit to my credit card, or I will be forced to file a "dispute" for services NOT received with the credit card company.

Stayed: May 2017
            GM T, General Manager at The Pago Design Hotel Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2017

Dear Khun Anthony,
            May I introduce myself , My name is Sherry, I am a Hotel Manager of The Pago Design Hotel, I am apologized for the mistake about your booking 2 channels and you already cancelled 1 channel. So we have to refund money you as well.

I inform my front office manager to contact the Xcaliber about your payment process that they will refund your money back via credit card there will be a 5 % processing fee. hope you will accept in the amount of Thb 6,080 within 15-30 days.

Thank you for your kind support and welcome you and your family to stay at the pago Design Hotel Phuket soon.

Best regards,
            Sherry
            Hotel Manager

Reviewed 14 February 2017

It is always a feeling of uncertainty about booking an unfamiliar hotel. There are so many questions inside your head such as “is the hotel going to be ok to stay?”, “Never stay here before, is it going to accommodate my mother-in-law mobility issues with certain bathroom styles of toilet and steps?”, “Is the room clean?” and many more questions?????? But we decided to give the Pago Design a go. It was a pleasant surprise to us as the hotel is just like home away from home. The location is great for us as it is so close to my brother’s and my sister’s house & not far from Phuket Town .

Our room is located on the second floor. It was a family suit with private pool access from our room’s balcony. The room contained a big living area; kitchen and lounge room, one bed room with great size bath room and huge balcony. The room is great to host visitors. Room service meals are great at reasonable cost.

“I was in heaven, this place had all my favourite local style breakfast dishes that brought back my childhood memories” – I said to my mother-in-law when we turn up at the buffet breakfast. Everyday breakfast is a great selection of traditional Phuket breakfast; savoury and sweet. There is a small corner to those who would prefer cereals, eggs, bacon or toasts and also number of tradition Thai dishes which varied each day.

Staff from Front Desk to Housekeepers and Restaurant staff at the hotel are very kind, pleasant, friendly and accommodating.

My mother-in-law had also experience a pool access room where she can relax by the pool.

My sister had also booked a pool access room for her parent-in-law who came from France. They are also impressed by the hotel especially their staff. Both of them are not able to speak English. They thought they will have some difficulty in communication but there are two staff members who could speak French.

I would recommend family and friends to stay here.

Room Tip: Recommend the Room 201, a family suit
            • Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
            1  Thank Saifon D
            Reviewed 13 January 2017

Stopped here for a night as we was heading back to the airport to catch our flight back to Bangkok. Nice little hotel with a lovely pool area, Staff are very friendly. restaurant menu and food wasn't bad! The only down side was the room being on the small side with the sink literally being in the centre of the room. Also in the night we could hear what sounded like someone trying to get in the room from the balcony, Turns out in the morning it was the aircon on the outer wall coming on and off lol. Nice location with a family house outside making pan cakes! You could go and sit with them while they was eating. the airport transfers like most places was very very expensive! I recommend you flag down a cab.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
            Reviewed 28 November 2016 via mobile

We extended our stay an extra night in the Phuket area, but had to move out of the resort we were staying in ... they were completely booked, so we moved here for our last night. The room was very comfortable and spacious. The pool was one of the largest I've seen in a Thai hotel. Everything was very clean.

The only thing that kept me from giving it a full 5 star rating is that they seem to cater more to Asian tourists than European or American ... which is not so much a criticism than an observation. The staff, though they spoke English, it was obvious that, at least the ones I came in contact with, struggled with it quite a bit and had a very heavy accent making it difficult to understand at times. Please note, I am married to a Thai, and am used to an accent and don't expect people to not have an accent ... it would just be helpful if those in a tourist associated industry spoke a little better English. Plus, there are a LOT of Europeans visiting Phuket who speak English as a second language, too ... 2 people trying to communicate in a non-native language to both can lead to some difficult times communcating. Also, I was personally a little disappointed in the breakfast, as it also catered more to their Asian guests than Euro/American guests. There were a small amount of breakfast items I was used to, but the vast majority of offerings would appeal, mostly, to their Asian guests.

Overall, though, it was a very nice stay and I'd recommend it.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family