“Take me back!”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Milanne D
Toronto, Canada
“Take me back!”
Reviewed 3 April 2014 for a stay in December 2013

Absolute trip of lifetime.
Everything about the property was amazing and perfected to tee.
The design inside and out of the house had to be my favourite part, it really created an amazing atmosphere.
The layout of the house was perfect for our large family.
The location is awesome because its secluded and quite peaceful but just a short drive to all the action.
The cleaners, groundskeepers, the cook,and our guide were all super kind and tended to our needs generously..
No complaints whatsoever from our stay at Hacienda Antigua.

Date of stay: December 2013
kaseyferi...
San Juan, Puerto Rico
“Perfect paradise”
Reviewed 17 March 2014 for a stay in March 2014

This place is a dream! When I walked in I was speechless. The decor is perfect up to the last detail. Mexican antiques? Oh yes! The pool is heated wich makes it perfect for night swims. There is awesome sound everywhere in the house due to the bose system. I would love to get married here!

Date of stay: March 2014
Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Heather B
Arroyo Grande, California
“High End Luxury meets Authentic Mexico”
Reviewed 11 February 2014 for a stay in January 2014
person found this review helpful

Just a short drive from the tourist mecca/modern conveniences of Puerta Vallarta, Hacienda Antigua sits as a beacon of luxury with a spectacular view of the Pacific. I have traveled through 4 continents and been blessed to have seen many fantastic areas. This property sits in my mind as one of the best I've encountered.

The location of Hacienda Antigua, and the larger Rancho Escondido it is positioned within, is prime for a number of activities. The airport is just 45 min south along with Puerta Vallarta itself where one can enjoy all the tourist attractions that the cruise ship traveler would encounter. We rented a car and drove north to the property ourselves as we like the independence of our own vehicle when we travel. Navigating Puerta Vallarta's roads are a little tricky, but once you leave the immediate Puerta Vallarta area, the drive was quite easy. The main road through to Hacienda Antigua is two lane and nicely paved.

Once we arrived at the turn off the last bit of the road is dirt. Honestly, this added to the authenticity of the trip. You don't get this when you stay in the city in the Westin! We drove about 100 yards through a little pueblo with abuelitos sitting with their grandchildren on the front porch. Past the pueblo you head uphill and come to the main gate of Rancho Escondido. The three existing homes on the property are meticulously maintained by the grounds staff. As the gate swung and locked shut behind me it was as if I passed through a veil into a place of relaxation and sheer luxury. Hacienda Antigua sits at the highest point in Rancho Escondido and is breathtaking.

The house itself is largely decorated with repurposed materials from old buildings in Guadalajara. The ambiance these pieces create is outstanding. From the moment I walked through the threshold I was in awe of my surroundings. One can see the photos online, but unless seated in the house, cannot fully understand it's whole feel. The house is over the top in every way you look at it from the materials used in construction, the size, the amenities provided. However, the aspect that my husband and I both commented on is how comfortable and at home we felt in the space. It's inviting and warm - almost as if the centuries the antiques within have seen are inviting you to create new memories with them.
We noted that we could have spent our entire vacation lounging by the pool, immersed in the view of the surrounding jungle and view of the ocean. We chose to be completely unplugged - like we aren't able to ever be back home in CA (though could even send Instagram pics through wifi from the house and call home when we wanted...).
Day trips we took from the property were to Puerta Vallarta, Sayulita, San Pancho and Lo De Marcos for a walk on their quiet beach. Each area is progressively smaller, quainter and quieter heading north. Each has its advantages and none disappointed. My favorite day though was by far lounging at the house after having breakfast made for us (as it is daily) followed by a quick drive to Lo De Marcos for a walk on the beach and a fresh cut coconut water refreshment. It doesn't get much better!

While this trip was fantastic for just my husband and I, next time we would bring our two children. We felt safe the entire trip and would love for them to have the experience as well now that we know what to expect. We also think that we'd like to do a multi-family trip - this would be the perfect getaway location for our large group of friends!

Date of stay: January 2014
Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
People with pets
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
California
Reviewed 21 January 2014 for a stay in November 2013

Date of stay: November 2013
Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
A romantic getaway Luxury-minded travelers
SLOPEAS
San Luis Obispo, California
“AHHHmazing!!!”
Reviewed 17 January 2014 for a stay in December 2013
person found this review helpful

Pictures don't do it justice, it's as simple as that. The views, the pool, the stars at night, the kitchen, the showers, the beds...every turn we made was impressive. My favorite was morning coffee on the couch in the bar upstairs and the view of the back canyon. I went with my family for a 40th Bday celebration. You could easily have any group, whether young or older, up there and fully enjoy your time. The peace and quiet ...did I mention the stars at night? It felt like you could touch them and to see shooting stars without the city lights and not during a meteor shower, very special indeed. We had a chef come to cook for us 2 nights and it was super!!! He was fun and a great chef; food was delish! Relaxing away from everything was a treat but being able to check silly work emails was a nice reassurance! Taking a work call is not so bad when you are standing barefoot, in a lush lawn, overlooking the town and the ocean with a drink in your hand! Highly reccomend this place and I look forward to escaping there as soon as I can possibly make it happen!!

Date of stay: December 2013
Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Service
Liked best: all of it
Liked least: having to go home :(
Travelling group: Extended Family
Your age range 35-49
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.