“Staff Very COVID aware..As we could see..All precautions taken during the Pandemic.”
Review of La Pacena

La Pacena
Ranked #5 of 72 Restaurants in Chapala
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Have had lunch twice so far this winter...Visits are far apart..with Lockdowns & quarantining,,
Everything was perfect..from the COVID measures taken by the staff & the well distance outside seating..Topped off by delicious meals on both our visits...
My husband immensely savoured his generous portion of Fish n’ Chips...( both visits )
Light crunchy batter & perfectly cooked fish..accompanied by a bowl of crispy fries...
I enjoyed tuna Ceviche the first time..Perfectly seasoned..Second visit, had grilled Mahi Mahi & Salad..so good....cooked to flaky deliciousness...

Date of visit: January 2021
Write a reviewReviews (46)

Reviewed 25 August 2020

La Paceña is on the main street through Ajijic and consequently, I pass by it on my outings to do my shopping in the area. For months now, I have passed it by......but looked over at the setting on each passing and mentally putting this restaurant in my must try category. Well, I finally stopped in and gave it a try. I don't get real excited about fish but I love seafood......shrimp, crab, lobster........so I decided to try shrimp tacos......three different ways.......woooo-hooooo! This was a big score in my book. Each shrimp taco was different and delicious. I could never be able to chose my favorite. I was delighted to find a very nice cabernet sauvignon served there and best of all, the service was excellent......friendly, efficient and very professional. When one of the sauces got the better of me, a server, seeing my distress, ran over with the cure.......a bit of sugar........and I was cured of the unexpected spice attack immediately. I asked about a sign mentioning lobster as a specialty and was shown a platter of available seafood specials including shrimp, octopus and my "last meal" preference, lobster. The tail looked delicious and I promised myself another visit to La Paceña soon to try to lobster. The place is small, but has an outside dining area attached which looked pleasant. Seeing that they are pet friendly, I will stop by and eat in the outdoor area the next time I am in Ajijic with my poodles. I highly recommend La Paceña and look forward to many fine meals there myself.

Date of visit: August 2020
Reviewed 21 August 2020 via mobile

After hearing good things about La Pacena my wife and I gave it a try. It lived up to its hype. Our service and food were outstanding. We went with small dishes and each was delicious. Plan to return on a Saturday when they have live music from 7 to 9:30. Nice outdoor setting.

Date of visit: August 2020
Reviewed 16 June 2020

I am usually not a fish person...But La Pacena knocked my socks off....Food is all fresh, prepared to order and very, very reasonably priced. Staff is great, friendly and focused on their customers.

Date of visit: October 2019
Reviewed 6 March 2020

You are the main highway through San Antonio, Mx. A little noisy but you eat inside or out in their garden area.

Date of visit: February 2020