Secrets Silversands Riviera Cancun
US$574
TripAdvisor
Hotels.com
11,614 results
All reviewsratatouilleveranda barmain poolanna bananaentertainment staffsilver sandsel patiopreferred clubworld cafejuan joseroom servicebarracuda barseaside grillour honeymooninfinity poolother resortspartial ocean view
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My husband and I recently travelled here to celebrate our 20th anniversary and were overall very pleased with the resort. It is conveniently located close to the airport, so the shuttle ride was not very long. Although initially disappointed that we did not get our welcome cocktail, I was pleased to find a lovely bottle of sparkling wine and apples waiting in our room. The rooms are a fair size and nicely appointed. I found that there was really no advantage in being a preferred member at this resort other than taking advantage of the quieter spot reserved at the beach. The beach did have a lot of seaweed the first few days of our stay, however the grounds staff worked diligently to get it all raked and cleaned up.

SERVICE - The service at this resort was FANTASTIC! Angeles and Karina provided outstanding bar service at the beach, and Kendor, Miguel & Marco always provided great service at the breakfast and lunch buffet. Service at all the a la carte restaurants were outstanding.

FOOD - We did not have a bad meal the whole trip. The food was INCREADIBLE! The tiramisu at Portifino was the best I have had this side of Europe.

HOUSEKEEPING - Although the room as always cleaned well, I found the service inconsistant at best. More often than not, we did not see housekeeping until 5pm, even though we requested multiple times to have it cleaned earlier in the day.

Like many other couples staying at the resort, we received $200 in resort credits to be used for spa services or wine etc. That being said, you could only use $10 for a bottle of wine, which had a 600% mark up! It was beyond ridiculous! Perhaps if the wine prices were more reasonable we would have utilized some of those credits.

Overall, we had a great vacation and really enjoyed the resort.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

What a fabulous resort! The staff are all amazing and they truly make the experience of staying there a great one. From the moment you arrive at the hotel you are pampered. The rooms are really nice and the beds are very comfortable. The food at all of the restaurants is incredible but our favourite was the French restaurant, Bordeaux. We were very well looked after by Angeles at the pool every day, she’s the best! We also enjoyed meeting Maria from the photo company on site. Make sure you book your photos through her. I would highly recommend this resort to anyone who wants to forget about the real world and just relax for a week (or however long you can stay). Thank you Silversands, we will be back!

Stayed: March 2018
1  Thank Shanmo
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Hola our family. Thank you so much for your gracious and loving time you spent with Mommi and Poppi. We are so thankful to have met each and every one of you. Poppi has already sent a review for all of our family members. Mommi asked to leave three names of all of our family members to brag about.
Alex My friend Mommi and Poppi wanted to let you know how much we appreciate you young man. Every day you made us feel so very special. You are a very special young man. Hope all the management realize how special and important you are to our home. Poppi wanted to let you know how proud he feels about you wearing his sun glasses. Also just remember Rock and Roll never dies. Until next time my friend see you soon.
Gustovo Wow want can Mommi and Poppi say. What a very special young man. Thank you for everything you do for us. We so look forward to seeing you soon.
Reuben Poppi so bragged about you and I know why. You are a very special young man. Thank you for everything you do. Oh yeah Poppi wanted to remind you that the two of you own the franchise for Mexican Hot Dogs lol. See you soon my friend.
Thank you to all our family and we will see you soon. Love all of you Mommi and Poppi

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

As frequent visitors to Secrets resorts we found Silversands to be Very Good. Upon our arrival we were a little disappointed at check in as we were rushed through and basically told to find our room. We also wanted to speak with someone at VIP services as we are members and were told to wait in our room for a call. However they did send a bottle of champagne to our room after we mentioned the issue. This resort doesn’t cater as much to the preferred members but it didn’t bother us.

First day at the pool we were greeted by Alex who looks after the pool area. He was excellent in helping us find a spot and went out of his way everyday to make sure we were looked after at the pool.

Poolside servers were average but we had one server Delmy who was by far the best server and she would always make sure to say Hi to us even when we weren’t in her section.

Pool entrainment staff were amazing they always went out of their way to say hi and get you involved; a few that stuck out were Charlie and Mayra.

Restaurants were all very good both service and food wise. We didn’t have a bad meal or bad service during our 2 week stay. We were very impressed with Jacob at the Himitsu restaurant he was very friendly and was on top of everything.

We weren’t impressed with the maid/cleaning service as it was sub par. Some days they wouldn’t come at all, they also didn’t wipe tables or clean the floor. We found it hard to get towels etc. However the towel issue was easy to fix with a call to room service, they were fast to respond.

We spent one day at the spa, it was a good experience, nothing out of the ordinary but we enjoyed our time.

Overall we are very pleased with Silversands and would return in the future. The staff here is what makes this resort what it is.

Special thanks again to the following staff:

Alex- Pool Supervisor
Delmy- Pool Server
Mayra- Entertainment staff
Charlie- Entertainment staff
Jacob- Himitsu

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TK_TravellersInc
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Wow once again we arrive at Silversands (our second home) and are hearts are full. By the time we leave our hearts are overflowing. As always the only regret is that we could not thank each and every person at the resort for making our stay so very special. Until next time when we do get the chance to meet more family members we want to thank those we did have the pleasure of spending time with.
Victor what can I say my friend seeing you everyday made each and every day very special thank you so much for everything.
Leonardo you make us feel so warm and welcome thank you also so much
Enrique your smile and warm personality is very contagious thank you my friend for all you do.
Sergio (Oceana) My brother you know how Mommi and Poppi feel about you and what you mean to our lives. We love you my brother and oh yeah OKIE DOKIE.
Fernando what a true privilege and honor it is to have you placed in our lives. Thank you so much for everything.
Daniel wow what can I say my friend you are one of those people who show others what the true meaning of caring is all about. Thank you so much for filling our hearts with your friendship.
Israel our (mixoligist lol) you are truly and person we are glad to call friend. Thank you for all you do.
Karen (Mommi's favorite omlette chief) Thank you for taking extra special care of Mommi. You are a very special person.
Luis Fernando what a pleasure it is to have a second place we can call home. The entire staff of Silversands should be so very proud of themselves. Everyone there has made Mommi and I feel so very special and at home. We will not travel to another resort because of our second family. Thanks for everything.
Juan Joss (JJ) What can I say my friend there probably are not words for how special you make Mommi and myself feel. My only wish in life is more people had your heart. Thank you so very much.
Ana Lilla (front desk) from the minute we walk inside people like you start filling our hearts with such joy. Thank you so much.
Alex you are very special person and thank you so much. By the way you are also one of Mommi's special bartenders. Thanks for everything.
Miguel Mommi seeing you every morning at the bar started her day off with much joy.
Thanks for everything.
Rodrigo Another very special person we so much look forward to seeing at the bar. Thank you so very much for everything.
Gerber Well my friend what words can I use. I believe you know how Mommi and Poppi feel about you. Getting to know more about you each time fills my heart with so much joy. I wish there were more words to express but, I believe you already know. Oh yeah just so you know my facebook page is a picture of Mommi myself and our special friend.
Jorge It is such a joy to see you each and everyday. Thank you for making us feel so welcome. Thank you for everything.
Monica Well Monica I believe you know what you mean to Mommi and Poppi. Our trip would not be complete without seeing our special friend each and everyday. Thank you for allowing us into you and your family's life. We love so very much. Thanks so very much for everything.
Karen Mommi and Poppi's little girl. Such an joyful and great person to be around each and every day. You are very special to us and fill our hearts with such joy. Just remember no fiesta for now much siesta lol.
Delmy Thank you for being the person that you are and allowing Mommi and Poppi into your life. You are very special and we are so proud to call you not only our friend but another one of our family members
Angel Your name says it all kiddo you are truly and angel and Mommi and Poppi are blessed to have you in our lives. Thank you so very much for all you do for us.
Karina Thank you kiddo for being such a very special person and allowing Mommi and Poppi into your life. Our lives are so much better since we had the honor of being with you. Thanks for everything.
Esther Such a beautiful person inside and out another one of those special people that Mommi and Poppi are blessed to call friend. Thank you so very much for all you do.
Lois You made our mornings so special every time we were honored to spend time with you. Thank you for allowing us into your life. Thanks for everything.
Kender Well my friend what can we so. I wish there were more words for what you mean to Mommi and Poppi. Thank you for allowing to be your friend and all that you do. Just remember my friend Jim Beam lol.
Renan What a very special person you always make Mommi and Poppi feel so very special. Thank you my friend not only for your friendship but all you do.
Marco Young man you are a very special person to Mommi and Poppi. What you did for us each and every time we had the honor to be with you made our lives that much fuller. Thank you so much for everything. Oh yeah hope you are still not cooking strawberries for us lol.
Juan Mommi and Poppi always look forward to seeing your smiling face each and everyday. Your spa is 2nd to none and each and every staff member should be applauded. Thank you for making our trip that much more special.
Linda The special lady with golden hands and fingers. Poppi and Mommi look forward to visiting you every time we come home. Thank you so much for everything.
Maricol An other very special person with so much talent. You make us feel so special when we arrive home. Thank you so much for everything.
Mario Well what can I say my friend. Once again I wish there were more Mommi and Poppi could say about how we feel about our special friend. Each and everyday you brought so much joy to our lives. Even when we did not need anything brought to the room just seeing you filled our hearts. We are very blessed and fortunate to have you as a friend and that you have allowed us to become part of you and your families life. We love you my friend and thanks for everything.
Nancy The first place Mommi and Poppi want to visit when we arrive home is the Oceana to see our little girl. You have blossomed into such a beautiful and wonderful young lady. We love you so much and pray and hope that all your dreams and wishes come true. Thank you so much for allowing us to become part of your life. By the way little girl your English is perfect. Poppi hopes someone in management see's the same thing I see.
Eva Another very special young lady that Mommi and Poppi are thankful to have been placed in our lives. We are truly blessed to have a friend like you. Thank you so much for everything.
Jesus We are so proud to have had the chance to spend time with you. You are a very special young man. Each time we had the opportunity to visit the Oceana you made Mommi and Poppi feel very special. Thank you so much for allowing us into your life and everything you do.
Morin Another one of Mommi's favorite bartenders. You are another very special person and thank you so much for making our visit home so very special.
Anna (Banana) Well young lady you know I wish there were so many more words to express how Mommi and Poppi feel about you. You have always fill our hearts with so much joy and cheer. We love you so much kiddo. Thanks for everything.
Myra What a joy to have had such a special friend placed in our lives. You are truly a beautiful person both inside and out. Thank you for filling our hearts with your friendship. Oh also for helping Mommi with her spanish. We love you kiddo.
Dylan. It was a true pleasure to have met you. Mommi and Poppi not only want to thank you for making our stay so special but also making Katie and Ceil feel right at home. Thanks for everything.
Miguel. Well young man it was such a joy to spend time with you when Mommi and Poppi came home. Our hearts are always full when we get to see and spend time with you. Thank you for allowing us into your life and we are truly blessed to call you friend and family. Thanks for everything.
Estphanie You are very special to Mommi and Poppi and thank you for allowing us into your life. You are another one of those special people who fill our hearts with much joy.
Thank you so much for everything.
Charlie What a true honor to call you friend. Your smile and warmth always made Mommi and Poppi feel so special. Thank you for everything. And by the way just wanted to say thanks Oscar Carlos Charlie lol.
Santiago Wow what can Mommi and Poppi say you are so full of joy and energy. You always make us feel so special. Thank you so much for everything.
Eduaro Young man Mommi and Poppi noticed every day how hard you worked and always with a smile on your face and a positive attitude. Mommi and Poppi both feel you are the hardest worker we know. Thank you so much for making a stay so very special.
Once again our only regret is that we could not thank each and every person. That always gives us something to look forward to when Mommi and Poppi returns to our home. Let me close with Mommi and Poppi's hearts are always full when we arrive home and overflowing when we have to part our family. So until next time (soon) my friends I hope you all stay safe and may God bless.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends