Hotel Ojo De Agua
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$421
US$239
US$372
US$259
US$590
US$517
Bookit.com
Now Jade Riviera Cancun(Puerto Morelos)
US$341
US$231
US$448
US$439
Bookit.com
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 March 2018

Stayed on the 3rd floor. A bit of a climb for seniors but most doable. The staff are as helpful and pleasant as those we had in a 5 star in Cancun. Louis in the front lobby was outstanding! The other staff most helpful, pleasant and anxious to please. The positives noted in other reviews say it all and don't need repeating. The negatives are minor in our opinion and the stay was worth the price. We certainly look forward to returning!

Reviewed 18 February 2018

The hotel is on the beach in Puerto Morelos ~ there are cabanas, plenty of chairs, umbrellas and hammocks. There is a massage on the ocean location right next door on the beach and a diving shop on the other side. The restaurant was amazing - huge portions! they had a pool with cabanas too. 2 blocks from the main town block - a beautiful walk down the beach. The Security team (Ricardo) the beach man (Rafael?), housekeeping and Front desk were super friendly. There isn't much to the rooms, they are clean and have a fridge. The Housekeeping team is awesome! The price was just right ~ we will be back!

Room Tip: Best views are on the 4th floor deck -
1  Thank Eryn S
Reviewed 17 February 2018

We thought that this hotel was rather very good given the price of $70 U.S. per night. It is located right on the beach and has a restaurant/bar attached. The rooms are large and clean and up to date. Staff was very friendly and helpful. The only downsides were that the parking is on an unpaved street but I have reason to believe that the parking is safe. The other matter is that the hotel is a bit hard to find even-though Puerto Morelas has only three streets running parallel to the beach. One well placed sign would solve the problem. The town square is a 5 minute walk.

Reviewed 12 February 2018 via mobile

We stayed here 2/5 for 6 nights. We were upgraded to 3rd floor building 2 ocean view. Room was clean. Had a fridge and plenty of storage for clothes. No hair dryer. Had shampoo and soap on dispensers but honestly take your own shampoo and conditioner. There is no marked entrance so we had to ask around. There wasn’t any real breakfast. Just coffee and fruit. The tv was basically useless. The first night while in the shower I realized we had no towels. Hubby had to go basically beg for one. We tipped the next morning and had towels always after. We would def stay here again for the cost.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Almostbrady
Reviewed 24 January 2018

Hotel Ojo de Agua – Good, Bad, not too Ugly –
Good – The Staff – From Joshua and the rest of the people at the 24-hour front desk. They were helpful, cheerful, never an attitude. Every front desk person I interacted with spoke English. The maids do a great job considering what they have to work with and always had a smile when they saw me.
Location – five-minute walk to main square, many restaurants & shopping are very close by.
Hotel de Agua is located on a nice stretch of beach
Plenty of Hotel & Restaurant Lounge Chairs.
Large tastefully, Spartan room, large bathroom w. shower. Always had Hot water, if you let it run.
Pool Area – Lovely and barely was used.

Bad – I booked a “garden view” room and requested 2nd floor, which I received, however Room 1201 looked out to a wall and was also too close to their generator, which went on and off all night. Also, there were NO TOWELS in my room. After traveling all day I looked forward to a shower. The front desk person said they had not received their towel delivery that day. Ah Mexico…After the first night I moved to a much better garden view room. The person who designed the room left less than a foot between one of the beds and the closet. Which meant I had to stand on the bed to access the huge closet. Strange.
Shower always leaked onto bathroom floor. Alerted the staff and they were aware of the situation and gave me extra towels. Owners of hotel need to work on the hotel’s infrastructure. Continental Breakfast Included – If you like instant coffee you are in luck. Not much of a breakfast.

Not too Ugly - Front Entrance of Hotel needs work – Owners take note! When I first arrived at dark, I was unsure the place was open. Some landscaping would go a long way.
Beach area is pretty well maintained. There is a restaurant and bar, on the property but it is NOT part of the hotel. My main complaint was the music could be a bit loud and started too early in the day; however, some people may want to hear music instead of the sea.
I did not experience the bad smell I read in other reviews. Perhaps they stayed in first floor rooms. You get what you pay for. Eight nights cost me approximately 110 a night in high season & Hotel Ojo de Agua is far from a dump,

Room Tip: If possible stay away from rooms 1201, 1301, 1101 as they are close to the generator
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo