US$241
US$160
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$195/night.

US$478
US$442
US$285
US$210
Bookit.com
Now Jade Riviera Cancun(Puerto Morelos)
US$242
US$172
  • Breakfast included
US$567
US$287
Savings alert! 32% below average rates

The price you found is 32% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$422/night.

US$342
Excellence Resorts
US$464
US$281
US$498
US$302
Grand Residences Riviera Cancun(Puerto Morelos)
US$369
US$236
Amar Inn B&B(Puerto Morelos)(Great Value!)
US$60
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 21 March 2015

Well.....what to say......no electricity , no hot water, no food, and the next week I discovered that I had head lice. Now I did stay in another hotel that week too so I don't know which one I contracted lice from, but with a 50/50 chance it was here......I wouldn't suggest this place.

Room Tip: find another place
  • Stayed: December 2014, travelled as a couple
13  Thank Alice2023
Reviewed 1 February 2015

See the beautiful pictures posted? You will think you are in the wrong place when you actually get there, if you can find it, that is. We drove in from Cancun around 9pm. Like many others have stated, we had to continually stop for directions. Eventually the paved road we were on ended and we found ourselves on a narrow, bumpy one lane dirt road that was muddy in spots. We traveled on this for quite a distance convinced we'd gone the wrong way until we saw a sign declaring the dark, abandoned-looking building "Casa de Los Angeles." The parking lot was empty except for one lone motorcycle and it was completely dark, save for one dim lightbulb. By this time, we were completely creeped out and since we are two women traveling alone, we decided to abandon and find lodging in the town of Puerto Morelos. I plan to try and get my one night's stay refunded as soon as I return to the states.

• Stayed: January 2015
9  Thank gels0mina
Reviewed 8 January 2015

I would hands down say this is the worst hotel experience i've ever had since i've been travelling.

Everything about it leads me to believe it is purely intended as a money making scam. Don't just take my word for it read other peoples reviews below and see. I'd go as far to say as the positive reviews are quite possibly propaganda spread by the owners in an attempt to counter how many bad comments they have got.

The representation online looked good so we booked 4 nights. After arriving it became apparently clear this was nothing like it was portrayed. It was deserted, dirty, creepy, in the middle of nowhere with limited resources such as electricity, water, gas etc. The 'kitchen' is not suitable for cooking at all.

Do not be fooled... This is not an 'ecological hotel'... this is an attempt to run a hotel at the lowest cost possible in the middle of a deserted dangerous area and charge people much more than its worth.

Reasons i think this is a scam:

- The location described online is nowhere near Peurto Moreles... not even taxi drivers know where it is. It's 4km down a creepy bumpy jungle 'road' with no lights.

- They took 100% of our money instantly. We gave it the benefit of the doubt and decided to stay for 1 night. After we realised we had to leave they refused to give us a refund for the other 3 nights.

- The hotel booking page always says '1 room left' leading you to believe its popular and encourage booking. This is not true... it's deserted.

- There is no gas, water, electricity, wifi, phone reception or food options nearby or at the venue. You are stranded.

- They use the excuse of a 'ecological hotel' as a reason not to kill bugs and insects. Thus running a hotel at minimum cost.

- The pictures and description online are all outdated. We were lead to believe there were many more facilities than it actually has.

- It's deserted and unsafe to stay. If something was to happen you have no security and no chance of contacting help.... or escaping.

- We booked a room with a balcony however were told by the manager : 'not to lean on the balcony as it's unsafe'

- After waking up to no gas or water, the manager said we should walk to a nearby hotel (45 mins walk) and get breakfast and that he would refund us... We never got this money from him.

PLEASE do not make the same mistake we did, if i had to find a positive point for this hotel i would say it would be good if you want to write a horror movie and need inspiration.

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled as a couple
25  Thank Lexington S
Reviewed 3 January 2014

We were in the house from December 25, 2013 to January 1, 2014. The house is 20 minutes away from Puerto Morelos (the nearest town) and the road was flooded, which made it dangerous, as it is in the middle of a crocodiles natural reserve. If you want a hotel, this house is not for you, it is NOT a hotel, it is an ecological house with no telephone, limited water and electricity and a communal kitchen where you have to cook if you want to eat something. If you want to go somewhere else in Riviera Maya, we highly recommend to rent a car, if not you will be there all the time and there is nowhere else to go. There are bugs everywhere and there are no restaurant, hospitals or room service. The facilities are very basic, construction has definitely not a constant maintenance and the pool is small (water was clean) We reserved there because there were no more room available elsewhere and our experience was good because that's exactly what we were looking for. If you want to be away from everyone and not be bothered, this is the right place. The beach in front of the hotel is not the best one, you need to walk 5 minutes to find a right spot, but once you find it you will have a couple of kilometers of beach just for you. If you prefer a hotel with amenities and close to the all the common vacations services, you will experience a horrible time. Make your choice.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
16  Thank Ricardo H
Reviewed 16 September 2013

Let me preface this review by saying that we booked this reservation about a week before New Year's. We thought, in fact, that we wouldn't be able to book a hotel at all since we were booking it so late. Please also understand my travel style: I was not looking for something big and fancy. I was actually looking for something very simple such that all of my basic needs to be taken care of and I could go out and enjoy the surrounding area. Casa de Los Angeles delivered on that.

We booked our reservation through… One of the online websites. I don't remember which one exactly. Maybe Expedia. I tried to call the property ahead of time to verify the reservation, and this turned out to Be difficult to get their direct number. As a matter of fact, I'm still not completely sure that they have one. Still, I was eventually able to reach someone that was associated with the hotel and I was able to verify that I had a reservation. There is next to no English spoken by this property, not that I would necessarily expect that. Just be aware. Yes, we had to drive down a long kind of sketchy dirt road to get to the hotel. Yes there are properties along the road that are being developed such that we needed to drive through construction and be let in by a security guard each time wanted to drive down the road.

The property itself is spartan but still beautiful with charm. The rooms were no-frills with no extra amenities, but there were also quite clean. None of the patrons in the hotel give us any problems or made the hotel seem unsafe at all. The night after New Year's when the travel crowd had left, we had the hotel almost completely to ourselves. That is my wife and I mean. We were able to sit out on the patio and your footsteps away from the ocean itself and watch the moonrise out of the horizon. It was an immaculate experience. We also found unexpected charm in the town of Puerto Morelos itself.

The bottom line here is that we received precisely the type of hotel experience that we expected to get. While the other reviews stating negative experiences may have merit, I can only say for my experience that it was exactly what I expected it to be and I had no problems.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo