5,212 results
All reviews diamond club dorado restaurant champagne party ocean point tex mex adults only section sports bar hunter steakhouse ocean view gourmet marche royalton riviera cancun hunters steak house double shower zen restaurant rooftop jacuzzi butler service room key
Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

My girlfriend and I are are coming back for our 4th stay at The Hideaway on June26. We have stayed at many other resorts and The Hideaway is top notch. Service and amenities surpass most and make us wanting to come back. I am surprising my girlfriend with a swim out room, which we have had on other vacations but never here. Looking forward for our stay and can’t wait to relax. Another needed trip. Adam

2  Thank Scenic41546
Alfonso L, Manager at Hideaway at Royalton Riviera Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2018

Dear Guest
Welcome back to Hideaway at Royalton Riviera Cancun! Thank you for choosing us for your holiday destination for a fourth time. We are waiting for your upcoming visit and our staff are ready to pamper you on the next days and remenber here is your home in the Riviera Maya. See you very soon!

Reviewed 23 June 2018 via mobile

I stayed at the Hideaway for 1 week in mid June and really enjoyed my stay. The hotel is very clean and well maintained and the staff are incredibly friendly and helpful.

The pool - I read some reviews before going that said the pool was too loud and like going on an 18-30s holiday. I must say, I didn't find this the case at all. Whilst it could get slightly noisy at times (especially Friday and Saturday), it wasn't a problem. I could still sit quite happily and relax reading my book. The pool bar could get busy at times, but I never waited longer than a few minutes to get served. The poolside entertainment was great fun to watch, and no-one ever tried to force you to participate. In terms of sun loungers, these did get 'reserved' quite early. I went out on my first morning at 7am and spoke to the poolside staff. I was told that I could reserve loungers for 1 hour so that I could go and have breakfast. I found that a tip of 100 pesos for the first couple of mornings meant that the loungers were automatically reserved for me everyday for the rest of my holiday. Massive thanks to Rodiver who looked after us everyday at the pool.

Food - The food here was very good. Favourite restaurant would be the Dorado, fantastic steak and great service, just make sure you book. The Steakhouse was also great and I enjoyed the food at the TexMex. The breakfast buffet was absolutely huge, biggest selection I have ever seen! And it was all delicious! The Hideaway pool also did a great BBQ everyday with burgers, hotdogs, ribs, etc.

Room - We had a swim up room in the Hideaway. The room was very spacious and clean. We had a problem with the shower on the first day and went up to the Hideaway reception to tell the staff. Around 5 minutes after we got back to our room a maintenance man knocked on the door and fixed our shower! Excellent service and a very quick response. The mini bar had 4 beers in and 6 soft drinks that was refilled each day.

The beach wasn't great, but that didn't bother us at all as we knew this before booking.

There is only one thing that could be improved on. Whilst there, my girlfriend broke her toe in the pool playing volleyball. We got back to our room and rang reception who then transferred us to the emergency line. I waited on the phone for ages but it just kept ringing. I then went to see the conceirge who rang around for me but couldn't locate anyone to help. She told me to return to my room and keep trying the phone. In the end we left it, bought some medical tape from the shop and strapped her toes up. Not so much of a problem, but did make me wonder if someone had a more serious accident would there be anyone on site to give medical attention.

Overall we had a lovely stay and would recommend this hotel for a holiday.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Alfonso L, Manager at Hideaway at Royalton Riviera Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2018

Dear Faye W
First of all, allow me to thank you for share your review on TripAdvisor. We are pleased to know that you enjoyed our facilities and restaurants like Hunter and Armadillo including the food. Thank you for your feedback. We are looking forward to your next visit at Hideaway at Royalton Riviera Cancun in the near future.

Reviewed 23 June 2018 via mobile

I have to say from checking in to checking out this hotel was unreal, when arriving myself and my partner was immediately offered a drink after a 9 hour joinery from the U.K. If was very much needed!

The rooms are very modern and very well maintained nothing is to much trouble for the maids, there is a turn down service of a night and they can knock on the door up until late so if you going to bed early make sure you put your do not disturb sign on your door.

The main buffet is amazing myself and my partner can be fussy eaters but not here there is always something you can choose from, as we where hideaway guests we got to sit in the hideaway section which I found very relaxed, the waiters couldn’t of done enough for you, I would recommend to make sure your there for near opening times as it does get busy! Although me and my parter also love the dorado restaurant we more or less had T-bone steak most nights, a very special thank you to UBER who made sure we was happy with everything from the moment we entered the restaurant,he is such a hard worker, I never seen him stop so thank you UBER you made us always feel welcome and relaxed.

The pool I agree with some of the reviews it was very lively from I would say about 1till 5.30pm but we found that not problem as we just went and relaxed at the beach bar!
In our last week we did just permanently stay by the beach during the day as the breeze was amazing, the beach staff where fabulous all the beach staff couldn’t of done enough if you need anything just ask and they will honestly be happy to help you.

Make sure you try most of the alacarts you won’t be disappointed.

Saturday night there is a massive beach BBQ make sure you go the food is unreal, so much hard work goes into that night time of the beach bbq I personally don’t think it’s mentioned much so not a lot of people turn up, but do make sure you do go.

Trips- the speed boats and the adults on catamaran was the best, the speeds boats was something both of us hadn’t done before so we found that very exciting!
The catamaran was very chilled and relaxed well worth the money so if your looking for something to
do please make sure you do these.
We also swam with the dolphins which again was amazing!!!

The bar staff at the pool they worked so hard during the day and of course the night time staff.. I could go on about all the staff as honestly they where all amazingly helpful!!

Leaving the country you do have to pay £50 English pound I think this does change so just double check with the Reps!

We got engaged while we where here and the hotel made it so special so thank you!

Thank you Hideaway at Royalton it was a pleasure!

2  Thank Elizabeth S

Dear Elizabeth S
Thanks for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. We could not be happier to read that he found our staff very warm. We found out how much you enjoyed your stay at Hideaway at Royalton and that our facilities and services lived up to your expectations specially for our restaurants. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again soon.

Reviewed 22 June 2018

We are from the UK and booked here for two weeks. We stayed on the Hideaway section of the hotel. This was our first trip to Mexico and our first stay with the Royalton group. We loved the hotel. It is worth noting that both Americans and Canadians use Mexico similar to how we use Spain, as a party place. Especially Friday - Monday it was little rowdy around the pool. But it never really bothered us.

The pool was always clean, the pool boys were great, always made sure we had a bed and fresh towels.

The room was fantastic, always cleaned and the mini bar fridge was always topped up.

The restaurants were great, favourites were Hunters, Gratzie and Sea Breeze.

Unfortunately, the weather turned for the last 4 days, it was just wet and windy. But till had a good time.

Tip: Take some Immodium; lots of tummy bugs going around. I don't think the hotel is to blame.

Room Tip: Odd numbered rooms face the pool/sea and not the mangrove
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Matt_Peel_Hudds

Dear Matt_Peel_Hudds
Thank you for share you review of Hideaway at Royalton. We are glad to know you enjoyed our facilities and restaurants, also thank you for your feedback. We hope that we will soon receive it again. We are looking for your next visit in the near future.

Reviewed 20 June 2018 via mobile

Sitting in the lobby waiting for our transfer to the airport and just in awe of our trip! Came to celebrate my boyfriends bday and I am leaving his fiancée! Yalma and Michelle were amazing butlers meeting our every need each day! They made sure we were more then well taken care of! Actually the entire hospitality staff was amazing! The food and drink were great and the entire property was breathtaking! We didn’t make it to the beach because of the storm bringing in too much seaweed but we will definitely be back and enjoy the beach next time!

3  Thank Sarah T
Alfonso L, Gerente at Hideaway at Royalton Riviera Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2018

Dear Sarah T
Thanks for taking the time to share your kind feedback on TripAdvisor and we are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We pride ourselves in letting guests feel at home and providing the best comfort possible during your stay. We look forward to welcoming you soon at Hideaway at Royalton Riviera Cancun.