Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Lol.travel
US$191
View deal
Hotels.com
Official Website
6,597 results
All reviews diamond club dorado restaurant ocean point tex mex champagne party sports bar hunter steakhouse royalton riviera cancun adults only section gourmet marche ocean view rooftop jacuzzi zen restaurant beach butler el dorado butler service dinner reservations
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This may be long but worth the read before you check out the Hideaway at Royalton Riviera Cancun.

Day One...
Checking in at the Diamond Club Lounge...what seemed to be promising was the beginning of deception, lack of customer service skills and inconsistencies with the Hideaway Royalton Rivera Cancun. On their website the Diamond Club is offered as an exclusive vacation experience, it was an experience, not reflective of any of its advertisements online. As we sat with Valerie and Arely, although we were a party of 3 less than 24 hours prior to arriving, we canceled someone in our party last minute as they could not join. We purchased a Junior Suite Oceanview Room with Diamond Club Service and had requested 2 Queen beds since there was 3 of us. We were told that we now had a room with a King bed and a pull-out sofa as 2 queen beds would not be available until the next day and we could switch rooms the next day, yet it would be on a lower floor where our Oceanview would be an obstructed Oceanview due to the Dorado restaurant. The conversation was not going well and were told we could pay for an upgrade to 2 queen beds for an Oceanfront room yet again that would not be available till the next day, so no matter what we will have to switch rooms. After telling the staff they could make us feel special since we are told as Diamond Club members you get preferred room locations, I am having to tell the staff they could have mitigated this entire scenario by offering us a bottle of champagne to our room which is free since this is an all-inclusive resort and some chocolate covered strawberries since we will have to be inconvenienced that we will have to switch rooms the next day. This whole process has now taken up about 1.5 hours to check in and get accommodated. As we walk into our Junior Suite Oceanview room we have paid for we walk in and there is not a pull our couch, there is a lounger, and we see the room we will be moved to the next day will not be the view we paid for. We head back to the Diamond Club check in lounge and let them know that there is not a pull-out sofa which is advertised again on their website and there is just a lounger and I will need a rollaway to sleep on for the evening. At this point I also tell them I will pay for the upgrade since we do not want an obstructed view. So now even with all their screw ups I am paying an additional $420 to upgrade my room and what have they done for me...nothing! We were also told that evening by our virtual butler that we could eat at the buffet because they did not have any availability at an a la carte restaurant, eventually Arely was able to reserve us a spot at Agave that evening (the food was terrible here), it was the least they could do. On our way back again now from the check in lounge we had asked some guests in the Diamond Club area where the Diamond Club bar was with premium liquors advertised because we could not find it and their response was "oh it is over to your right, but no one actually checks if you are Diamond Club or not because we have been getting drinks there our entire stay." So again, what was I paying for with this exclusive service?!?!? I now arrive to my room and what I see was a joke, they did not bring me a rollaway, all the staff did was place two flat sheets on the lounger expecting me to sleep there and with no pillow. This was now comical and spoke volumes! I reach out to the virtual butler asking about the pillow menu with does not state online (subject to availability). I am told once again how they cannot accommodate what I have paid for and she suggested I speak to the manager that evening. So, after dinner I sat with the Manager on duty Miguel, he listened, and I showed him all screenshots from the website and again wasting my time within my vacation to deal with the fact that they have not only wasted so much of my time, but they are not providing any kind of exclusive service. Miguel first statement to me when asking him as a Diamond Club guest what I should expect and he directly stated, "the best service and experience." He agreed that this is not what was given, and he would bring this up to the day Manger Pilar who would reach out to us the next day. Before we left, I had asked the butler on duty Brie to please make sure we had dinner reservations and our spa reservations confirmed for the rest of our stay.

Day Two....
We head to the gym in the morning for a great workout and on the way out look at the additional services the Spa has to offer to see if we would like any additional services. It is about 10AM and so while there we asked Manuel to confirm our Hydrotherapy appointments that come along with the Diamond Club service, we asked Brie to book the evening prior. Of course, once again there was not a single thing on the schedule. Manuel tells us he will squeeze us in for the Saturday appt as the day was booked and that he will add Sunday and Monday's appt. Fast forward a few hours, Jesus is at the adult’s area pool offering the spa services and we decide to go ahead and book our additional service with him. While we are booking with him, we tell him to back up our appt to our Hydrotherapy, and would you believe it that we are not on the schedule for any day we have asked for. Jesus is kind enough to schedule all our services when he is not even the virtual butler which again, I am paying for an exclusive service for someone to handle for me yet again it was not done. We also had not been contacted by the Day Manger Pilar yet. My sister who was with me has now been back and forth on the WhatsApp App speaking with the butler back and forth for about 2-3 hours asking when they will take our bags to our new room (that I paid for), our reservations we had requested, when our new room would be ready and when Pillar is going to speak with us. We were having to do all the work and not being treated any differently than any other guest there. We finally have our sit down with Pilar and she makes a statement to me of how my expectations were high. I corrected her and went through the Diamond Club list advertised online. I went one by one asking if anything I paid for has been provided. She agreed many items on the list have not been provided. So, I then told her, I did not have high expectations, my expectation was to be provided a service I paid for and showed her all the pictures as reference. I am not a person who is unfair, I am using the facility and their services and did not request nor expect for my vacation to be comped. I asked that our first night be comped since it was not the room I purchased, to provide me the upgrade for all the time and hassle that I already paid for and to reimburse me for the upcharge of being a Diamond Club guest since we were not receiving any of the exclusive services. Her hands were tied and all she could offer me was to refund me for my upgrade I paid for which I am still awaiting the credit for and bottle of liquor in our room that again is included in our all-inclusive package.

Day three...
Finally, we are able to not have to deal with so much and constantly speaking to managers and follow up with reservations and can enjoy our vacation. Only took two days for it to happen. On this day, our biggest issue was that when we called room service 3x at 12:45AM they never answered so we reached out to our virtual butler who again is advertised as 24-hour service and guess what.... they are only available from 8AM - 11PM. We also earlier in the day around 5:30PM asked the butler Brie in person to order us a snack from room service and we did hear her call them and order it for us. We waited in our room for an hour while getting ready and it had not arrived, so we called room service and asked them, and they stated they did not have an order for us. On our way to dinner, we let Brie know they never had the order even though we heard her make it and that again we did not have service from anyone. Even she was mad!

Day four....
This was a great day because we left the resort on an excursion, it is sad that our best day of the vacation was when we left the resort.

Day five...
We had requested on day three with Miguel the manager for a late check out at 1PM because we had a spot treatment that would last until 12 and we just needed to shower and change prior to departing back home. He said not a problem, the request was confirmed, and we would have no issues. Please tell me why when we came back from the spa it was 12:20PM and our key bracelets no longer worked so we could not get into the room, once again no one communicated the correct information. Luckily, the housekeeper was cleaning the room next to us and she let us in our room. Now comes check out time! We go to check out and I ask about the credit I am supposed to receive for the upgrade I paid for and how I do not see it yet pending on my account. I am told "oh we have to fill out a form for that." Well, why was the form not filled out on day two when I was given the credit?!?! I mean we have jumped through so many hoops.

From beginning to end at this resort was a nightmare and you would hope that after all that happened the manager Pilar would have checked in at some point throughout the rest of our trip to see how things were and we never heard a single word from her or any other the other staff the rest of the trip. I cannot speak for others yet others we had met who had previously been to this resort stated the way this experience has by far been their worst. New guests like myself we had met who had also paid for the Diamond Club Service had the same complaints yet on a more simplified level such as seeing kids’ run around the adults only area and no one there to monitor it. Below are the pictures of the lounger I was expected to sleep on as well as screenshots from the website with false advertisement. My recommendation if you have the guts to stay at this resort is to not pay for the exclusive service as you will be treated no differently than any other level of service. I have stayed at many resorts and have never had an experience so terrible and would NEVER stay or recommend the Hideaway or Royalton Brand to anyone.

Michelle

3  Thank michellewQ7146XX
General Manager, General Manager at Hideaway At Royalton Riviera Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Dear Michelle
Thank you for your review and I can assure you that I have carefully considered your comments.
I am truly very sorry that we did not fully meet your expectations when it comes to the pricing and value of the hotel. We are dedicated to our guests and ensuring their experience is the very best.
We hope that you will choose to give the Hideaway at Royalton the opportunity to host your holiday again in the future.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Our entire stay was wonderful. The restaurants were ALL great with quality food and service. The hydrotherapy included with diamond level was worth it and all the staff were incredible. Diego, he worked at the front desk/ bellman station, was by far the hero of our trip! He went above and beyond to help us! Give that man a raise!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ldupr001
General Manager, General Manager at Hideaway At Royalton Riviera Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Ldupr001
We at Hideaway at Royalton always appreciate and enjoy reading positive comments like yours. We pride ourselves as a leading vacation resort and knowing that we accomplished our goals is always a joy. We will show your feedback to our staff, I am sure it will motivate them. We hope to welcome you at Hideaway at Royalton again in the near future.
Luxury regards

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Taj is an Indian restaurant at the resort so it’s included in your rate. We were lucky enough to end up with Edy. He was knowledgeable on the food and gave great wine recommendations. Food was absolutely amazing and the service was even better.

Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Amber B
Thank you for sharing your feedback on Tripadvisor.
We are glad to learn how much you have enjoyed your stay at Hideaway at Royalton and that our facilities and service were up to your expectations. Your comments are extremely important to us, as they motivate us to continue to improve our services.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We were blown away with the place, beach, surroundings, etc. But specially the service and as amazing, they’re always looking after us, specially Orlando Aguayo who was assigned to help us through our stay, always available no matter the time and with the best attitude.
I highly recommend the resort and specially ask for Orlando to help you.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Martin
Thank you for taking the time to post those few lines about your recent stay Hideaway at Royalton on Tripadvisor.
I am delighted to know how much you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future for another memorable experience.

Reviewed 4 April 2021

We had an excellent experience. The hotel is beautiful and well kept. The staff was exceptional, especially Carlos Garcia at El Dorado restaurant. He provided great service and made excellent recommendations.

Date of stay: March 2021

Dear Julio
We are pleased you enjoyed your stay and were so well looked after by the team here at Hideaway at Royalton. We are thrilled that our team seems to have made a great impression and we will surely extend your kudos to them. Look forward to seeing you again soon and to have the chance to try our unique services again soon.